25

That night

Ethans POV:

After I got home after our morning cuddle session, I had no time to waste.

I was having Autumn over for dinner, but it wasn't just any dinner.

I was going to cook, which was a scary thought.

I ran into the house and instantly decided Grayson would have to help me. "Yo Gray! Come here!" I yelled up the stairs as I ran into the kitchen.

I grabbed all the ingrediants I had pre chopped for a homemade pasta sauce.

Pasta was the goto date food, but I was homemaking the sauce to impress.

Grayson came down. "Hey Chef." He laughed.

"Im going to need you to help me set up. Can you take the table, chair, table cloth," He cut me off.

"E, you told me literally everything you wanted to do outside. I got you." He patted me on the shoulder. "Everything is going to be perfect." He grabbed the candles off the counter behind me.

"I hope." I put all the chopped vegetables in a jar and started to prep homemade garlic bread.

Within an hour, Grayson came in with a huge grin plastered on his face. "All I'm going to say is that you are welcome."

"Oh no." I set my wooden sauce stiring spoon down and made my way outside.

Everything I envisioned, this was that.

Grayson set up the twinkle lights around the deck in the shape of a heart.

Nice touch from Mr. Romantic.

The table was set beautifully, the vase for the flowers I would be giving her was placed on one side so it didn't block my view of my love when she was sitting across from me.

The bucket that I was going to put sparkling grape juice in was placed on the other side of the table.

I turned to look at him, but he was disappearing into the house, spreading the rose petals I had bought for the trail.

"Grayson." Was all I could say.

This was perfect.

Autumn was going to love it.

"I did good. I know." He smiled, "I even," He took the cover off the hottub. "Prepped this all up. You click the button and I put it to red lights. You know, the color of love." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Stop." I blushed. "I owe you man."

"I know." He smirked. "Your sauce?"

"My what-Oh!" I ran into the kitchen.

It was bubbling in the big pan, but luckily not over. That would have not been fun to clean up.

As I continued to cook, Grayson made sure everything outside would be perfect. "Anything else?" He asked as he came in.

I shook my head, finishing the bowls of salad I prepared for her and I. "I'm just about ready. I'll just plate it and everything when we're ready. I'm going to get dressed,"

"Thank me later on that one too buddy."

I gave him a confused look, but he just walked into the living room. "I won't be here during your date by the way. I'm going to go out with Alice."

"Oh." I wiggled my eyebrows at him before going up the stairs.

As I entered my room, I saw suit pants, a white button up long sleeved dress shirt, and red suspenders with a black bowtie.