40

Autumns POV

I sat at the picnic table, my chin resting in the now damp palms of my hands.

Tears softly flowing down my face, yet I remained still.

It was as if I was a fountain made of stone, they fell with no effort, no force.

My eyes were gazed on the table.

My heart felt in two.

Ethan is my love, he would never do this to me. He loves me too much.

Right?

But people who love you can destroy you.

My mother, deep down I know she loves me even if right now she barely shows it because of the circumstances.

No.

No that is not my sadness now.

Yet I sit at this table alone feeling nothing but sad and emotions causing everything I'm sad about and pushed away because Ethan helped me be happy start to come up.

It's overwhelming.

Suddenly he makes my heart sad and everything else comes along with it to add fuel to the fire.

I glanced my eyes upwards as I saw Grayson come into my view, he looked sad. Like me.

"Hey." His voice was soft, carefully moving closer to me. "Autumn," He sat beside me, his arms slowly wrapping around me.

"Why would he do that to me?" I whispered, my voice sadder than the sound of my voice in my mind.

He rubbed my back softly, "I had no idea. I don't think it's true."

"There's video of him saying it."

"He wasn't all there though." He placed his chin carefully on my head. "Autumn, he is so in love with you."

"People say how they truly feel when they're under the influence. Haven't you heard that saying?"

"Ethan had been under the influence so many times, he just says whatever the fuck he wants in that state of mind." His voice sounded defeated, upset with his own brother. "His past was my least favorite Ethan. He isn't that Ethan anymore. You know that."

"Do I?" My voice was a hushed, pained whisper.

He pulled away from me, his soft eyes meeting mine. "I think you need to talk to him."

"Grayson there's video proof what he said happened." I said again. Seeing video proof was what was breaking my heart more than anything else.

Whether he meant it or not, the words slipped from his soft lips.

His jaw clenched, his eyes lighting with a pang of fiery as he looked away from me. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"But you don't deserve to feel this pain because of things he did in his past."

I looked down at the table, the words from the video replaying in my head.

But the face of Ethan replaying too.

That face wasn't full of life like it was now, it looked sad. It looked like life was down on him. The looks he has now are nothing close.

He has changed. He isn't that Ethan.

I groaned as I felt a raindrop on my head, reminding me that it's not Grayson and I in our own world having this conversation or me having my thoughts.