16

Ethans POV:

I went with Gray into the beach house and he took me to his room, locking the door behind him. I watched him lean against the door taking a deep breath. "What happened?"

"What are you talking about?" I ran my hand through my long hair.

I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Ethan things have been going so good since Autumn came into your life! Suddenly we all go out to eat and bam!" He clapped his hands together making me flinch. "You mood does a complete change. I look into your eyes and I see all of this sudden hurt and scaredness that had started to resolve since she came around."

"It'll never resolve Grayson and you know that. The damage is too deep." I snapped the last part.

"What happened that's so bad you couldn't even tell Autumn."

"I can't tell you Grayson-"

"Bullfuckingshit you can't tell me Ethan." He yelled at me, causing me to flinch in my skin.  "You've never kept anything from me and you aren't starting now."

"I..." I started to speak, but stopped. I took a deep breath in, then out, in, then out. I rubbed my now sweaty palms onto my jeans.

"Ethan." He came and sat by me. "You need to tell me. It's affecting you."

"I know." I bit my lip, my jaw clenching. "I got a text today at the resturant." I looked at the wall. "It was from Jack."

Grayson scoffed. "You're kidding? You're going to let Jack ruin your trip?"

"It's what he said." I squeezed my hands onto the bed on either side of me, my knuckles whitening. "He found out about Autumn and I. I don't know how, but he did. He's from California before he moved to Jersey, maybe he's here for his spring break with his family, maybe he saw here I don't know." I started to ramble.

I was so scared he'd go to Autumn. Say something to her about my past, even hurt her. It scared me. I couldn't lose her in my life. I never want that.

Grays big hands gripped my shoulders. "Give me your phone."

I slowly grabbed it and gave it to him. Autumn and I were on my lockscreen and he smiled softly. "She really is amazing for you."

"I don't deserve her." I smiled softly at the lock screen.

"You do." He unlocked it and went to messages. Jacks was ontop.

Jack: You actually settled down for a girl? Brought her even to LA? That's a long way to bring a hookup😂

Ethan: How do you even know I have a girlfriend?

Jack: Ooh my bad "girlfriend" interesting. Does she know about your past?

Ethan: yes.

Jack: all of it? I mean c'mon dude it is Autumn after all
Read

Grayson shook his head at the messages. "Dick." He muttered under his breath. "You have to tell her all of it before Jack does." He locked my phone and handed it back to me.

"I can't. I literally can't. She'll leave me."

"She won't."

"Grayson her parents are a shitshow and I'm all she has. If I tell her more details she'll leave me. Especially Brent-"

"You can't leave out that part."

That part.

I tried to block that part out of my life. The stupid side of me who just viewed Autumn as a prude.