Prologue

10 years ago...

Choi Jiyeon's POV

9:00 pm.

Mom already tucked me in my bed even though I'm still not yet sleepy.

"Mom I still don't want to go to sleep." I whined as my mom still put the blankie on me. "Jiyeonie you need to sleep. You want to grow big right? How old are you again?" Mom said as she smiled and stood beside my bed.

"8 years old mom. How can you forget?" I said as I playfully crossed my arms. Mom laughed and said "No I haven't forgot about it. I just can't believe that I already have an eight year old daughter. Now go to sleep. Mom will sleep too." I closed my eyes as she kissed my forehead.

My mom turned all the lights off. I tucked in my blankie and hugged my teddy. Even though I still didn't want to go to sleep I still tried to. Because I want to grow big tall and strong just like Mommy.

It's been a couple minutes and I haven't still fell asleep. I opened the lamp beside me and took my sketchbook. I loved to draw and I draw anything I'd like to see. This time I'd like to see a big dog. I don't know what you call it but they said you call them Wolves.

I drew the said Wolf in my book and giggled as I sketch it. I drew a cute and big wolf. It has gold and black eyes. I'd like to see one but people said they do not exist. They said wolves are just from the fictional world made by people's imagination.

I got tired from all the drawing and stuff. I decided to put the sketchbook back at the drawer and turned the lamp off. I once again put the blankie all over me. I slowly felt sleepy. So I just gave up and let my self fall into a deep sleep.

3 hours later...

I got awakened up by the sound of dogs barking. They were all barking loudly and even howling. I stood up from my bed and suddenly heard some kind of dogs running in the woods. Our house is located at the woods. There weren't much people around us.

Because of my curiousness, I opened my bedroom window and looked outside. I was surprised there were like a whole group of dogs running at the woods. I was kind of scared yet I was fascinated with them. I looked up at the sky and saw the moon was full. It wasn't a normal full moon. It was kind of getting red and somewhat yellow.

Other people says this is where the wolves come out. I looked at the clock and it's already 12am. I suddenly heard a Howl outside. I closed my bedroom window and went to my mother's room.

"Mom! Can you hear it? The wolves are howling and they were even running outside." I said excitedly as I shook her. My mom stood up a little and listened. She looked at me with furious eyes and said,

"Jiyeon-ssi there isn't even a single sound. You're just dreaming or imagining. Just go back to sleep." She said and lay down in her bed again.

While she was talking I could still hear it. I just shrugged and just went back to my room. I was still confused on why Mom couldn't hear the wolves howling.

I opened the window and sat on it. I just watched the wolves howl while also glancing at the sky. I stared at the wolves for a little when something glowing caught my eye. I focused my eye on the glowing thing and it also went closer.

As it went closer and closer, that's when I realized that it was a wolves eyes. They were different colors. His other eye is black and the other is gold. I looked in awe as I stared at it's eyes. It looks exactly what I drew. It came closer to the light and I saw it's whole body. It was a wolf with a black fur.

He stood out among all of the wolves in that forest. I was focused only to that wolf. It's like I wanted to touch it. I smiled and it's ears softened a little. It looked cute. I really want to touch it. I was about to reach out for it when I realized I was sitting at the edge of the window. I was too late to realize and fell.

I closed my eyes and didn't even make a sound. I thought I was going to touch the ground but to my surprise I was back in my room. Although I was sitting in the middle of my room and at the floor. My heart was beating fast.

I looked up and saw a man standing beside the window. He was wearing black clothes. His hair was black and his eyes were dark brown. I looked to his face and he doesn't even seem familiar to me. I have never seen him nor met him.

"Who are you mister?" I asked in confusion. He doesn't even have an expression. He was emotionless.

"It's too early to know, my mate." The man said that made me confused. Mate? What is the meaning of that? He has a cold voice though which sent shivers to my young body.

"Mate?" He just said "shh" and he transformed into a wolf which shocked me. Its face was close into mine and I was staring at his eyes. I touched his fur and my heart beated fast. Someone talked in my mind. "Too early for this my mate. Im sorry for doing this." The next thing I knew was the room was covered in black smoke and the wolf licked me in my face. I felt sleepy and just passed out.

Minutes later...

I woke up at the floor in the middle of my room. I don't know how or when I got here. I completely remember that I slept on my bed. I just shrugged and just went back to my bed. I was so tired. Mom must be also asleep too.