Chapter 29

When we got back to our house, mom was confused about our faces because according to her, we looked terrified and horrible. She was also worried about my wound and luckily, Yoongi managed to hide the one on my neck.

We both knew we can't stay forever at our house because in the human world, we are students. Although he insists to just stay at his home, we both knew we couldn't.

"Well Jiyeon as always, call me if you need anything okay?" Mom softly said as she occupied the space on my bed while I pack my things getting ready to leave.

"I will mom. Thank you for fetching me and letting me stay here for a little while." I looked at her and smiled as I approached her with wide arms ready to hug her. I felt her warmth as her arms enveloped my body while patting my back.

"Anything for you, my baby. Be careful on your way to school." She whispered on my ears as I nodded in between her embrace. I got back on my feet and noticed a figure standing not too far away from my bedroom door. Our eyes met and saw Yoongi softly smiling at me.

Mom noticed where I was looking making her turn her head to that direction. Yoongi's gaze fell on my mom as he took few steps entering my room.

"Goodevening, Mrs. Choi." Yoongi formally said like it was his first time meeting her. He entered the room closing the distance between him and my bed. His greeting made me and mom laugh.

"Why are you calling me "Mrs." now, Yoongi? Call me mom. I'd appreciate that more." Mom assured him as she gestured him to come closer. Yoongi looked at me first asking for permission and I nodded.

Yoongi accepted the offer and went closer to my mom who was currently seated on my bed. He sat on the floor so that mom wouldn't need to look up at him.

Mom took his hand and brought close to her cheeks. Yoongi was obviously stunned by her actions and I could see that he misses his parents through his eyes. I saw mom's eyes getting watery so I sat beside Yoongi.

"Yoongi-ah. I'm so thankful to have you by Jiyeon's side. By our side. It's been a long time since her dad left us and I know she's been longing for someone who can protect and accept her even if she doesn't admit it." I looked down as I heard those words come out from my mother's lips. It's true that our mother's really knows us best, don't they?

"I hope that whatever happens, you will stay by her side. I hope that the way you accept her now, it will stay forever. I hope that you are sincere with your every action. The way you are there by her side right now, I hope to see you by her side for the next ten years. Yoongi, the reason why I'm letting you and Jiyeon continue your relationship is because I trust you. And I hope you will never break that trust. Don't be like her father who ran away from his responsibilities and who knows where he is now." Mom laughed as her tears fell down. I felt warm liquid flow down my face as well as she continues to hold Yoongi's hand. I glanced at Yoongi who I didn't know was also looking at me.

"Mrs. Choi, Mom, Mother of Jiyeon, I, Min Yoongi, promises that I will never leave your Choi Jiyeon. I will never hurt nor break her heart. I will never break your trust. I promise that I will never make her cry and if I do, I will be sure that she will cry because of genuine happiness. I will make sure that you will see me by her side for the next ten years. I am grateful for the trust you are giving me." Yoongi held my mother's hand and once again she laughed.

"I wonder who your parents are. They must be really rich or something. Are you a prince or what? You sound like royal who is giving a speech or oath." Both me and Yoongi looked at each other feeling a little uneasy when mom said the word "royal."

"I guess my parents just taught me how to respect a lady." Yoongi stated making me and my mom smile. I knew for sure the reason why he talks like this is because this was the way he talked back in Misanthrope. Especially in Lactibule.