Chapter 18

I was outside helping my mom water her flowers. "I rememvered when I used to this when I was young." I touched the flowers while I looked at them. Mom patted my head. "You're still the same Jiyeon I know." Mom smiled replacing the sun's job for giving sunshine. I touched the rose and accidentally pricked my finger. "Aigoo." Mom held my finger and pressed it.

While she does that, I felt like someone was watching us. I looked around and saw something moved on the bushes. I immediately held mom's hand and pulled her inside. "Where are we going Jiyeon?" As she struggled in my grip. We arrived inside and she glared at me. "Why would you pull me like that?" As she put he hands on her hips. "I saw some wild animal." I lied. Her reaction softened.

"You should've said so instead of pulling me like that." She caressed her arms as I looked at her guilty. "Sorry." She went inside the bathroom and came back with a first aid kit in her hands. "Let's treat your finger shall we?" She asked smilingly as she raised the first aid kit. I nodded as she walked closer. "You still haven't change huh? You're still clumsy." She says as she nudged me. "I'm your clumsy daughter though."

"That's right so you better not be someone else's clumsy girl." She jokingly said. I scoffed. "Of course no, Mom." As I swallow every lie. Mom I fell inlove. I fell inlove with a freaking hybrid! I shouted in my head. I looked away and saw in my peripheral vision that she was squinting her eyes. "Are you not telling me something?" She asks as if she knew I was lying. Maybe she really did though, she's my mom anyways.

"Umm nothing mom." I said again not looking at her. Geez, I am really bad at lying. She then touched my chin and made me aggressively look at her. "Don't lie to me, young lady." She joking glared at me. I sighed. "Fine, fine. Let's just say I met someone and fell for that person." Mom's eyes went wide.

"Does he know? Are you guys together now? Oh my baby girl you're not a baby anymore." Mom panicked as she stood up and walked everywhere. "Wait mom don't panick. He doesn't know. It's one sided okay." I raised my hand to stop her from walking. She then looked at me with concerned eyes. "Did he rejected you? Because of your appearance?" No mom. It's more complicated than that. But I have to lie. She wouldn't believe me if I say "I fell inlove with a hybrid" she'd think that's ridiculous. I had no choice but to nod. "Yes mom." I lied as she looked at me with pity on her eyes.

"What's his name?" She asks. At first I was hesitating but she's my mom afterall. "Min Yoongi." I sighed.

"Oh my baby. You were rejected by your first love." She hugged me as I pat her back. Yeah mom I was rejected. Let's keep it that way I guess. She continued treating my finger until no blood can be seen. "There. All done." I smiled at her and hugged her. I just felt doing so. I felt like my life was in danger and the least thing that I can do was hug my mom.

"Mom, no matter happens I am still your daughter right?" I asked making her expression change again. "Of course, what makes you think I wouldn't?" I shook my head.

"Always be safe mom." I worriedly told her. She smiled and bopped my nose. "You should be the one who needs to take care." She pulled me once again in a hug before leaving the house to go to the city to buy some foods. I wasn't afraid of being alone. Besides I was always locked up in this house if it wasn't for their stupid act.

While mom was away, I tried distracting myself by doing some artsy stuff. Cutting papers here and there. I walked around leaving mess behind my tracks. I was almost done with my masterpiece when tragedy happened. I mean almost all of the time this happens to artists. Cutting themselves or injuring themselves. I hissed at the pain.

I stood up as I watched the crimson red blood drip from my left hand. This is going to mark, I thought. It was even deeper than my wound a while ago. Aish what am I going to do? I went to the bathroom downstairs and got the first aid kit that mom used at me a while ago. I tried to stop the blood from coming out of my hand with a paper towel.