Chapter 1

10 years after the incident...

Jiyeon's POV

This is the day. The day where I'm finally going to the city. Away from the woods and near the civilization. I have been homeschooled for about 10 years. And since I have to go to college, I have to go to a university. I was homeschooled because of a certain reason. I'll tell you later.

"Jiyeon-ah please take care of yourself while you're in the city." My mom said as she packed my things up.

"Don't worry mom. I'll pick you up and bring you to the city with me once I got my own work." I smiled at her.

"Just please don't get a husband yet." Mom said with an authoritative voice.

I laughed at her and she laughed with me. "Seriously mom? I'm just going in there to study. Nothing more. Nothing less. Plus I don't have any plans to have a husband yet. I'm young forever." I said as I stood up and look at the mirror.

Mom said I looked beautiful that's why she kept me away from people. But that's not the case. The case was I was different. For other people I wasn't normal. I have unbelievably pale skin, red lips, permanent eyeshadow if that's what you call it and unbelievably different colored eyes. My eyes are different.

My right eye was gray. It was light gray. It's almost as if I have a full white eyes. The other was light blue. Blue as a cold ice. It looks like a crystal. Not only that. But they glow at night. Me and my mom doesn't know why this happened. It all started when I was an eight year old girl.

The morning after the incident 10 years ago...

I woke up feeling stronger than ever. So I excitedly went to my mom to tell her that I've already grew stronger.

"Mom! Mom! Look I feel strong now!" My mom was busy washing the dishes so she was currently facing her back on me. "That's nice Jiyeon-ah. Wait! Jiyeon?! What happened to you?!" Mom said as if she was terrified.

"Why mom? Is there something wrong?" I asked really confused. "What happened last night Jiyeon?!" She said and she went closer and looked straight to my eyes. "I don't know mom. I slept right away after you tucked me in." I said while playing with the hem of my sleepwear. I don't know what's wrong. I don't know why mom is acting like this.

"Is it about the wolves? Did you went outside last night?" I was even more confused. Wolves? What are they? "What do you mean Mom? What wolves? What are they? And I didn't even go outside. I told you I was asleep in my room the whole night." I said looking at my mom.

"But you woke me up saying you can hear the wolves howling which I couldn't hear." Mom said as she slowly went to sit on the chair. "Mom what do you mean? I'm getting scared. What happened to me?" I said while slowly walking towards her with my small feet.

She carried me and we went to my room. She went in front of the mirror and I was horrified at my own self. "Mom! Is that me?! I look ugly!" I said while covering my faces with tears falling. "Mom! I'm scared!" She hugged me and put me down. "You're not ugly my daughter. You look beautiful." She said as she caressed my face. I sniffed and wipe my tears out.

"Mom how am I going to continue school?" I said as I sat on the floor. "Well since you are incredibly beautiful we need you to stay here. You're going to homeschooling." I giggled and hugged her. "Okay mom I like that!" I said.

Present...

What am I going to do while I'm there. I know people can be bad but I know they'll be good. I wore my glasses. They were fake glasses. I just wear them so when people will ask why I have different colored eyes I could just tell them I have an unclear vision.