Chapter 37

T/W: torture, prison, brutal, language

Jiyeon's POV

When's the time I am going to be able to sleep and wake up peacefully. My body feels as if it has been folded and abandoned for centuries. I am aching everywhere and it wasn't a good help that my arms were still tied. At least if they were more considerate they could've let my arms go but then they are monsters. They weren't like the boys and I know I am screwed.

I tried lifting my arms but only felt more uncomfortable and sticky. I must've bled a lot yesterday or the other day. I lost track of time and days. Death feels merciful now.

I checked my surroundings and saw the same bars standing tall in front of me with prisoners eyeing me with wary eyes. I could feel them starving as I felt the same except that they craved what's flowing under my skin right now.

If my day couldn't get any worse, the door swung open revealing the one and only half brothers. I looked at them from head to toe. They were still confident to wear their royal clothes despite having blood on their hands and people starving under their very feet. If humans were great threat to this world, what more with these privileged royals?

"Finally, you're awake." Jackson walked first towards me while Yugyeom followed closely behind. Memories from the ball entered my mind like shards of glass. It was infuriating.

"What do you want? Atlast, are you going to kill me?" My voice was shaking but I tried my best to keep my cool. It's still a wonder why he hasn't killed me yet. It's been so long and he hasn't done anything. Watching him do something was better than him moving quietly.

"Why are you so obsessed with death, Jiyeon? Do you think when you die you'll be able to escape everything? To escape this hell you've entered into? No. Never." Jackson crouched in front of me and I felt his cold fingers cupping my face.

I spit on him and he flinched. I saw a slight movement from his back and I knew that it was Yugyeom. Jackson raised his hand, signalling him to halt. "You know what to do." He stepped away from me and guards started entering my cell one by one.

Even when I try to act big and strong, the fear in my chest grew bigger than my whole being. "What are you doing?!" I panicked as I tried to move away from them but two of his guards got a hold of me and the third rushed towards me.

"W-what is that?!" I shouted implying to the cloth that the guard was holding. "It's to make the process more... silent." Jackson whispered as the guard wrapped it around my mouth, silencing my cries. He was just beside me and I wanted to grab and punch him so badly.

I didn't know what he was going to do but it made me anxious. I tried to pull away once more even when I knew I was only wasting my energy. My shouts were muffled and tears flowed down my face. "You don't want to snap a nerve and accidentally cut your life, do you?" He whispered in my ears once again and God how I wished I can.

My nerves didn't snap but my bones surely did when I raised my head up trying to resist the current that forcefully entered my system. Stop. I cried inside my head when I couldn't shout it out. It was tolerable at first but the voltage went higher and I could slowly feel my insides burning.

I screamed but they were muffled by the cloth between my teeth. I tried to resist him and looked at him straight in the eye but I saw how his eyebrows furrowed and struck me with his power more. I couldn't see the guards even Yugyeom anymore but I knew they weren't as amused as Jackson was with what they were witnessing.

It stopped after what felt like an hour and I dropped to the ground with my hands still tied together. Jackson pulled me up with a grip on my cheeks before removing the cloth from my mouth, "Are you going to obey me now, you filthy mortal?" I coughed before I turned to him. I can already feel my eyes were bloodshot, "You have all the time to wait for me to obey you and I have my mortal life to spend ignoring you."