Chapter 67: Meeting the Folks

Zubaida in stilettos
Previously:
Irfaan has good news! Shuaib tries to make supper with Yusrah at hand and Zuhayr considering Japan!

Chapter 67:

Zubaida P.O.V:

The most scariest thing I ever had to face is definitely telling my parents about Zuhayr and Japan, both really important to me, but also I need my parents to approve, they raised me and have a big say in most of my life big decision, I felt slightly guilty for proposing without consulting them first. It just happen in the moment and I don't regret asking just wish I told them first.

Me: daddy and mommy, I got some really big news...It important you sit down firsts.

My sister already married almost four years, she had a small wedding but it truly was amazing, she happily married from her many phone calls we get, she misses home a lot, she had to move to Joburg for her husband work.

Dad: Zubaida, we are seated!

Me: (blushing) sorry lost in thought, anyways first it about my promotion...

Mom: you got it! I knew you could do it! You work so hard

Me: (nervous smile) yeah, uhm there a slight hitch...it in Japan

Dad: no! And it final!

Me: daddy that not all, I kind of proposed to Zuhayr the other night (I said it quickly)

Both my parents were stunned, and then my mother started tearing

Mom: (sobs) my sweet (sob) daughter has grown up! Aw this is the best new ever! Does Zuhayr mom know! Oh my god we got to phone your sister! So much to plan!

Dad: I hope this isn't a ploy to go overseas! Because even if you married, I won't accept my youngest to leave! I want to talk to him!

Me: Mommy he gonna tell her tonight, we wanted to tell you together but I decided it best if I told you on my own, daddy I love Zuhayr, and I know Japan is far and I wasn't going to accept if you didn't approve, I love you daddy, please don't be mad

Dad: I'm not mad Zubaida, I love you, I already lost one daughter, I can't bear to apart from you too, whom will I share my morning coffee with... I know how hard you work for it, but Japan it just too far, I am sorry I just can't allow it.

Today is the first time I seen my dad look so sad at the thought of me leaving, I was always closest to him, to be honest I was kind of hoping for this reaction, I love my parents, the thought of leaving them for foreign country didn't sit well with me either, and now with my impending wedding, I just hope it won't separate us, I am and will always be a daddy girl!

Zuhayr had told his mother and sister, they couldn't be happier for us, they took the news really well. It was now time for Zuhayr to ask my dad for my hand, even though I asked, Zuhayr insisted he will only get married with the blessing of our families. He doesn't want to only be a son-in-law but a son as well.

He wore his best and went in the lounge where my dad, with his three brother sat. Zuhayr came alone since he didn't really have any close family to come, but he one uncle close to the time will come to discuss it again.

It was the most painful 1 hr. 23 min and 56 seconds of my life! Yes I counted I was really nervous, although my dad like Zuhayr, he still the over protective dad.

Dad: Zubaida bring the tea and samosas!

As soon as I hear those word my heart fill with so much joy! They accepted him! Insha'Allah I am marrying my sweet Zu! Approaching the room with the men, I saw all exchanging hugs and shaking hands, I just saw the approval of my daddy, I put the tray down and walked into his open arms