Chapter 74: Mendi Night

Zubaida in stilettos

Previously
It was Zubaida bridal shower

Chapter 74:

Zeenat P.O.V:

My darling Zubaida is finally getting married, last night was amazing, and words cannot even describe the fun that went on. I certainly feel the side effects this morning. Luckily for me by darling hubby took care of Yusrah, so I could sleep in.

Me: Morning hubby dearest

Shuaib: (laughing) it afternoon my jaan, why don't you go and greet our daughter and I make a quick branch for you?

Me: Oh my! I slept so much (blush) listen why don't we rather go out and eat, we will leave Yusrah at my parents, and they are nagging to spend time with her as it is, what you say?

Shuaib: sound like a plan

Me: good, come on my baby girl let get you ready for nana and nannie, yes sweetie nani going to spend time with her jaan.

After bathing Yusrah and changing her into here cute dress, booties (which are so adorable) and leg warmers. Packed her nappy bag, there just so much a little person needs, never realized until I had my boo. I got dressed quick, not even bothering with anything fancy, chances are I would've drool all over me before the end of the day.
We drop off at my parents who promise to call us if she too much trouble, which I doubt my angel loves my parents attention. Just like her mother she got them wrap around her little finger.

Arriving at Nino's we sat right toward the back, we wanted to avoid meeting anyone since it Zubaida's wedding a lot of family and friends are down, we prefer some time to ourselves.

Me: Aahh peace, so Mr Akoo what are we having?

He leans over and whisper in my ear and says

Shuaib: First a kiss

And he kisses me

Shuaib: now we order my wife favorites, starting with pasta to the chocolate cake slice.

Me: how did I get so lucky! I love you

Shuaib: I hope it me that you love (tongue and cheek)

Me: Yes definitely you (pulling his nose)

After we had lunch I had to rush home to get ready for the mendi night
The themes is Eastern and dress code is anything shiny or out there is allowed.

I decided on Pink and silver Punjabi, I looked amazing, thank to those gym session I lost a few kilos from my pregnancy and felt confident enough. Applying a light coat, curl my hair, that when I get the call....

Me: Hello

Husnaa: Zee we got a problem, we can't find Zubaida anywhere, please say she by you!

Me: No, did you check at her place or the office?

Husnaa: Yeah we did, we only got this note saying that we must carry on with the function, but how can we when the bride in question is missing!

Me: Breathe Hus, there probably a simple explanation and she meet us at the function, so just assure everyone we found her and she will be there, I will handle it from this side. I will come with her.

Husnaa: Do you know where she is?

Me: I got an idea, so don't worry everything is fine

Just as I cut the call, Shuaib and few of their guy friends rush in, Shuaib just stares, guess he like how I look, and from the look on the guys faces, I know just where Zubaida is!