Chapter 4

Emmett's POV:

Another boring year was on it's way, I knew it. It was already halfway through the day and I was just as bored as I had been the last few decades, despite Alice telling me that art would be great later today. Sure it would. Though the way Rose glared at her the whole time during lunch, and the waves of constant calm that Jasper sent our way, might suggest she is actually right about that.

I sighed as I walked into the art room, wondering why Alice had chosen art to use as our last two periods of the day to avoid gym, when I suddenly bumped into an angel. I watched as a girl, no young woman, wearing a golden skirt with perfect brown curls fell to the ground before I even thought to catch her. She looked up with me and met my golden eyes with a pair of bright blue eyes locked in a harsh glare.

I went to offer her my hand to help her up but she got up without any assistance and started wiping her skirt off. I saw her palms were red and scratched from when she hit the ground but she wasn't bleeding that much I knew. I went to say something to her but changed my mind when she looked back at me.

"Let me guess, this is your classroom and if I don't watch my step from now on you'll make me regret coming to this school. Well let me tell you what I told the last three students that have already told me that. I don't give a damn, just leave me the fuck alone already." (J)

I watched with mild shock mixed with amusement as she glared at me one more time and made her way to a desk on the far-left corner of the room. Thinking it was better to honor her wishes in this instance I went to the desk on the opposite corner of the room, the farthest away from her even if it was directly across from her.

Alice came in a few moments later and sat next to me after waving to her, and I wondered how she already knew the angel that seemed to hate me. The late bell rang just as a teacher with paint in his hair ran in and left me without time to ask Alice who the angel was.

"Well good afternoon class, I'm Mr. Evans. I know there are some new students here today. Let's see, a Ms. Eden and a Mr. and Ms. McCarty......ah yes there you are." (Mr. E)

I watched as a look of shock and then what looked to be embarrassment passed over her face as she watched me and Alice raise our hands to Mr. Evan. I can only guess that her first day here hasn't been the best if the other humans have been mean to her. Though looking as beautiful and picture perfect as she does I can only imagine the other human girls aren't that found of her. Though I can't imagine why the guys would dislike her so much.

"Well since you're new we'll go over some rules......paint, sketch, draw, whatever it is you feel. And that's it....so begin." (Mr. E)

I watched as she glanced at me one more time before she turned to face the wall and started sketching on a canvas. I started to do the same but I could only sketch her in different places. Underneath the stars with a picnic basket next to her, or sitting in a chair looking out the window staring at the snow with a smile on her beautiful face.

For the next two hours all I could sketch was that angel sitting across from me. And I had never felt more at peace inside because of it. I heard the bell ring and watched as she packed up her things and left the classroom, before I slowly followed after her. Just to find out her first name, that would make for an absolutely amazing Monday.

Jeanie's POV:

I instantly regretted everything I had said after I realized that he too was a new student and not one likely to harass me as the other humans have done today. I just couldn't understand why the humans here were so.......viscous was the only word that seemed to match. I must remember to check for genie curses on the human population here because there could be no other reason for it.

I should have known at the sight of his golden eyes though that he was the other sibling that the one girl that was friendly mentioned earlier today. Alice was her name and her boyfriend Jasper. She wrote notes to me all throughout calculus and talked of his sister and her two brothers. I had apparently seen Edward and Rosalie in the hallway this morning with Alice, so that must be Emmett.

It was foolish to let my temper get the better of me before I even knew if him bumping into me was on purpose or an accident. I have no doubt it was just by accident now. I glanced at him only once after art began and saw him staring at me. I felt my face flush again as I realized that he was incredible handsome for a human or whatever he might be.

Very tall from what I saw, muscled beyond belief, and dark brown hair. His face was almost innocent with large dimples in his smile but somehow I felt he was anything but innocent. Yet, that only made me want to know him more. I heard the bell ring signaling the end of art and I realized that I had spent the entire time sketching my old home in Hawaii, except he was in it. Oh genies above, this is embarrassing.

I packed up my things and headed for my car before I realized that I had yet to apologize to him and I wasn't making a good impression if I left my harsh words unexplained. I had decided to wait outside for him. It wasn't my best idea either though as a few of the human boys and girls hissed nasty comments about my parents, myself, and even the way I was dressed as they passed by.

The comment about my parents didn't bother me, as no genie has parents. We just kind of appear somehow. Some religions say we're demons but we aren't, some genies are evil enough to be though. But yeah, the comments about my parents didn't bother me. None of them did really, but there must be a reason why I'm being targeted and not all of the new students.

Not to mention, not all the students are targeting me, it seems only the younger ones are. Most of the seniors have left me alone or even been kind of nice. I know that the other new students haven't been targeted at all today, it's just been me. A curse is seeming more and more likely as the day goes on.

I felt a sigh escape my lips as I played with my hair, a nervous habit I had developed over the centuries. I saw Alice and Edward walk out, followed by Rosalie and Jasper. I had been told by Alice that they were all adopted but they seemed so similar in appearance, that I found that difficult to believe. I watched as they climbed into a silver Volvo just a few cars down from me.

A moment later and I saw Emmett rushing from the school to catch up, a devilishly handsome smile on his face as he did. I stopped leaning on my beetle as I headed towards him, knowing that the sooner I apologize the sooner I could move past this embarrassment.

"Mr. McCarty!" (J)

I watched as he stopped in his tracks and turned to face me, his head tilted with a broad smile on his face. His backpack slung over one shoulder, while he was wearing a simple blue button down with a leather jacket, he looked like an ad from a magazine. I felt my face blush some as I realized I was staring at him and his adorable dimples, and that we were only a foot or two away from each other now.

I scolded myself a bit before I made myself focus on the task at hand. I needed to apologize for my behavior towards him earlier. I could always dream about those dimples and golden eyes later tonight.