Chapter 11

Jeanie's POV:

I smiled as I knew that this rescue mission went much easier than I had expected. I turned to face the obvious human named Emily and saw that she was quite beautiful in her own way, despite the scars. I contributed them to a run-in with an inexperienced shapeshifter, and I did not envy the way she was brought into the supernatural world.

"May I bestow a gift on you for your help?" (J)

"A gift? That's not necessary, if anything we owe you." (Emily)

I ignored her statement and took a deep breath preparing myself for the amount of magic I was about to have to use in order for me to do this without it being wished for out loud. But I could feel her desire for the scars to be gone or even just less present, and that aided me a bit in my endeavors. I could do this for a woman allowing me to rescue my friend.

"I am a whisper on the wind, I am the laugh within the mischief, I am the fulfiller of wishes, I am the prisoner of the lamp. I grant to you near perfection upon your face, so that others will always know of your mercy and grace." (J)

I saw her smile for a moment in confusion before the scars slowly started to fade from her face. Only a slight mark remained prominent on her cheek, the other scars were gone completely. She gasped again as she raised a hand to her face before she stood and turned to the mirror that hung on the wall. She laughed and started to cry just as the door swung open and the men that had been arguing before returned, as well as few more.

"Emily?! What's wro-" (Sam)

I saw as he seemed to freeze in his tracks before gently reaching out and touching her face. I smiled as they embraced one another, no one's focus on me or Giovanni's bottle before a young boy, no older than fourteen or fifteen seemed to notice me.

"Umm guys isn't that the girl we were hunting a few minutes ago?" (Seth)

"What?!?" (Sam)

I watched him pull Emily behind him as he started to shake some, the other shapeshifters mimicking his motions as they protected their leader's love. The action itself was beautiful, had it not been directed towards me. I was trying to summon up the magic and energy to leave with Giovanni, but it was taking me a bit to recover from the gift I had given her.

"No, Sam don't. She did this for me because I'm letting her and her friend go." (Emily)

"Emily, don't you understand what having a genie under our control could do for us? For the pack? For the tribe?" (Sam)

"I do, but Sam it's not right to keep him as a slave or a pet. Think of what would happen to any of you if the wrong people knew. Please let them go, for me." (Emily)

I watched as he seemed to sigh before he looked back at me with a guarded expression. He nodded his head in agreement with his beloved still wrapped in his arms. I smiled before bowing to her. I stepped back towards the opposite wall and took a deep breath, once again preparing for the tiresome journey back with my already drained magic before I looked at them again.

"Should you ever be need of supernatural help, you may call upon the genies. I am easily found by those I have granted favor upon. She can call me when there is a great need for it." (J)

I nodded towards the woman again, seeing her nearly flawless face smile back at me with tears in her eyes before I closed my eyes and disappeared back to my house. I collapsed onto the floor as the sun set behind the clouds, hearing Giovanni's bottle hit the floor as well. I could practically hear him complain as it rolled across the floor, but he couldn't complain about it too much. I just saved his ass from a pack of wolves, literally.