Chapter 20

Emmett's POV:

'Hey I just got home. How was your weekend?' (Em)

'Horrible without you around. Take me with you next time?' (J)

I smiled as I waited for a response, knowing that even if we don't get to 'see' each other until tomorrow I could check on her tonight. The last time I checked on her when she was sleeping she was almost shivering. I had placed the quilt over her, but I worried that she would not fair well once winter hit. It was the last week of September but she was already getting that cold at night.

'I'll see what I can do I guess 😉' (J)

I was getting ready to respond to her text, trying to think of something smart or witty to say when I all wanted to say was 'I love you.' That would be a great conversation ender right there. Before I got the chance to worry over what to say she texted me again, and my spirit soared.

'Want to come over and hang out for a bit?' (J)

'I'm on the way now.' (Em)

"I'll see everyone later." (Em)

"When she gives you our shoes don't you dare drop them Emmett. I'm planning on wearing mine tomorrow." (Alice)

"Ok, got it. No dropping the precious shoes." (Em)

"I mean it Emmett!" (Alice)

I laughed as I heard Alice shout from upstairs before shutting the door and zooming out to my car. I climbed in, smiling as it roared to life before I sped off towards Jeanie's. I stopped in the familiar looking house, smiling as I caught a soft whiff of her fresh scent just outside the door. I knocked and waited as I heard her footsteps come down the stairs. A few seconds later and she opened the door.

"Hey Emmett." (J)

"Hey Jeanie, good weekend?" (Em)

"Pretty good, come on in and we can swap stories." (J)

I smiled as I nodded, following her in, shutting the door gently behind me as we went. She moved a suitcase towards what I'm assuming was the laundry room before she continued to the kitchen, and I knew already she was going to make some tea. I watched as she walked and noticed she was wearing a sweater with jeans. Her ass looked absolutely amazing as she walked, even if she was walking away from me.

I sat at the counter as she put the kettle on the stove and got down the oolong tea that she seemed to love so much, and I made a mental note to learn how to make it the way she liked for the future. She put the tea back up before turning to smile at me.

"Sorry, my friend only had green tea or water so I was craving oolong tea for about three days." (J)

"It's no problem. Did you have fun at least this weekend?" (Em)

"Oh the best, I hadn't seen my friend Evelyn in a few months. It was good to catch up with her." (J)

"Planning to go back and visit her soon?" (Em)

"Maybe in another month or two, traveling has a tendency to wear me out so I try to space my visits a bit. What about you how was the hiking trip?" (J)

"What? Oh....yeah it was ok. Not much into hiking. I do like a good bear hunt but hiking is ok." (Em)

"You hunt bears?" (J)

"Oh yea, every year. I love bear hunts." (Em)

"Hmm poor things." (J)

I could see that she didn't like the idea of a bear being killed, and I understood her point or at least I tried to. But then again, my human life was ended because of a bear so I'm just returning the favor while protecting humans from myself. Though her seemingly dislike for killing animals does make me worry how she'll take the news that we're vampires.

"So......ready for the winter?" (Em)

"I'm used to warmer climates so don't be surprised if I freeze mid-way through haha. Just wait until spring and thaw me out." (J)

"Nah I'd never let you freeze, I'll find a way to keep you warm. I wish you didn't have to worry about getting cold though. I run at a colder temperature so I'm used to it." (Em)

Jeanie's POV:

I smiled into my cup of tea, thankful for that heartfelt wish of his as I granted it. For I was not lying, I was worried about the cold. Most genies are born of the desert, or in the very least the tropics. We don't normally do well in the cold. Now though as his wish takes effect, I don't feel cold at all. I feel quite comfortable.

"I'm sure you could help. Just being with you warms my heart." (J)

"I feel the same way, but please don't tell Jasper that. He'll never let me live it down." (Em)

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips as I looked at the mountain of a man I was falling for before I nodded. He smiled at me and I felt my own smile grow as I looked at his dimples on his beautifully carved face. I only hope that he isn't actually the angel he looks like, I could never see myself dating an angel.