Chapter 23

Jeanie's POV: 

I listened to his wish and knew that it was heartfelt, so I knew that I would grant it. He wasn't my master so it was a choice whether to grant any wishes he made and I knew I wanted to. I waited until I was back in my room before folding my arms and closing my eyes, granting his wish.

I knew that it may not be the best idea in the world as I felt my energy fade a bit at the exertion of granting such a complicated wish. It was a wish that involved the entire school after all. I also felt that it could be a problem since Jasper and I had already had an English presentation due in a few weeks, and with no school for the rest of this week who knows what the teacher would do, but I couldn't bring myself to care about that.

Besides what human would be upset over having school canceled for two days. I had never met one such as that, and I doubted there were any like that here either. I felt the wish starting to take effect and I knew that by tonight we would have heard the news that school was canceled for some trivial thing, probably painting or buffering the hallways. That was usually the effect such wishes caused.

I knew that the creature sitting downstairs was not human, but I also knew that he made me feel incredibly safe and secure. When that hurtful genie Tv show came on his embrace made me forget about the memories it was beginning to dredge up. He made me feel so safe, safer than I had felt in centuries. I felt...no I knew he was important to me in some way other than a simple fling. I snapped my fingers to change as I knew he was waiting downstairs.

A smile came on my face as I thought about our first kiss and followed by an equally amazing make-out session. I hadn't kissed someone like that since.....I refused to think of the traitors name. He had been a human and had deceived me before becoming my master, but with Emmett I almost felt safer because I knew he wasn't human. And even with my previous master, I'm not sure I kissed him that fiercely or that passionately.

The kisses I shared with Emmett are different that any others I had ever known. The only question I had was if he knew I wasn't human, and whether I could fully trust him. It wasn't unusual for genies to go unnoticed by other supernaturals, as we could act human the easiest as long as we didn't have a master.

The only thing we normally have to charm in front of humans are the markings of our masters. I had charmed the names of my masters to be unseen when I walked down the stairs, not wanting Emmett to see certain names that history has not forgotten yet. It would be hard to explain why I had chosen Emperor Nero to 'tattoo' on my back, not to mention King Louis.

I felt myself subconsciously clutching the key to my bottle as I walked back down the stairs, thinking only of what would happen when he found out what I was. I soon found the worry being replaced with happiness as I looked at the mountain of a man, for lack of another term, sitting on my couch staring at his phone with a kid like grin on his face. I let go of the key before sliding it under my shirt, smoothing my hair as I do.

"Jeanie, you'll never guess what text message we all just got. School is canceled for the rest of the week!!" (Em)

"Well perhaps you should wish for stuff more often then Emmett." (J)

"In that case, I wish you would walk back over here and kiss me." (Em)

I smiled as I sensed that wish was heartfelt as well and I knew I would willingly grant it. I didn't even need to use magic to grant this one, as my feet willingly carried me towards him. I felt him run his fingers through my curls as I straddled his lap again and wrapped my own hands around his neck.

My eyes traced those adorable dimples that were on his face before I leaned in closer to him. He was cold to the touch, as if he had been standing out in the snow but I paid it no mind as I met his lips with my own. His temperature was just right for me as warm as he made my heart.