Chapter 73

Emmett's POV:

"Now, remember what I told you earlier?" (J)

"Uh-huh you said Uncle Emmett and his family were vampires, but safe ones for us to be around because they love us." (Gem)

"That's right, now what else did I already teach you about them?" (J)

"They have golden eyes because they eat animals and not humans. The ones that do that have red eyes." (Gem)

"Exactly Gemma, very good. Now are you ready to track down that Uncle of yours with me and go meet them?" (J)

I was watching from the doorway, knowing that Jeanie probably knew I was there as she could sense me in a way but Gemma didn't know I was there. I saw a look of worry cross the young girls face as she started to wring her small hands together and look up at Jeanie biting her lip a bit.

"What's wrong Gemma?" (J)

"Aunt Jeanie what if......what if they don't like me?" (Gem)

I saw Jeanie pause in what she was doing for a moment and then saw her glance at me standing in the doorway. She smiled a bit before making a quick motion for me to come in. I smiled back as I walked into the room and knelt down in front of Gemma, next to Jeanie.

"Well of course they'll like you Gemma. They'll love you just like we do! Your Aunt Alice will want to take you shopping, and Uncle Edward will teach you to play the piano, and Aunt Rose will play tea party with you and dress you up as a princess." (Em)

"Really?!?" (Gem)

I saw her eyes light up some as I nodded, seeing Jeanie wink and mouth 'thank you' as I scooped Gemma up into my arms. I laughed at her squeal of laughter as Jeanie joined in after a few moments. Gene had already dropped Gemma's new and improved bottle off this morning, with Jeanie locking it away and holding onto the key herself until Gemma was a bit older.

Getting her ready to meet the rest of the Cullen's was the only thing left to do, and I guess since Jeanie summoned Gemma's shoes we were ready. I helped Gemma tie the laces, knowing that in another year or two she would probably have enough control over her own magic to do it herself that way.

I scooped her back up into my arms, laughing a bit as she giggled, before Jeanie joined us smiling. She took my hand into hers, giving it a gentle squeeze before snapping her fingers. The all too familiar sensation of traveling by her magic washed over me and when I opened my eyes I saw us standing at the foot of the stairs outside the house.

Gemma curled closer against me, seeming to try and hide her face in my chest as we walked up the stairs and through the front door. I heard the others in the living room, and pointed Jeanie in that direction. She smiled at me and Gemma again before walking into the now quiet living room, with me following behind a few feet.

"Jeanie why are you two back already? I thought we'd have another few days of peace at least." (Jasper)

With anyone else saying that to my mate and soon to be wife I would have their head, but I could see Jasper's smile and wink at her and then me. His smile faltered for a moment as he saw the small girl curling tighter into my chest, before he looked to Jeanie for an explanation.

"Oh very funny Jasper, and we may go back to the party for a few hours tonight, but as you can see Emmett and I's family grew last night. Everyone this is Gemma of the Egyptian Genies, our niece." (J)

I saw Rose's eyes twinkle with unshedable tears as she looked at the small girl peeking out from under her curls as she stayed clutched onto me like a spider monkey. Edward was soon next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as he smiled softly at Gemma and me. Alice was smiling wider than a cat given a canary as was Jasper as he sensed everyone's else's happiness.

"Well Gemma dear, welcome to the family. I'm Carlisle, but if you like you can call me Grandpa." (Carlisle)

"And you can call me Granny Esme sweetheart, if you'd like to that is." (Esme)

"Really?" (Gem)

"Of course." (Carlisle and Esme)

Gemma finally seemed to perk up some as she smiled and scrunched up her nose before disappearing from my arms and into Esme's. I heard Jeanie let out a sigh, knowing that she had already told Gemma she had to warn others before she just appeared in their arms. Even with her sigh of near exasperation she still wore a smile as Gemma let out a slight giggle at Esme's noise of surprise.

"Yeah, she has a tendency to do that without much warning. Sorry Esme." (J)

"Oh I don't mind at all, just next time Gemma a little warning ok?" (Esme)

"Ok Granny Esme." (Esme)

"My turn next! I'm your Aunt Alice and together we'll go shopping every chance we get and I'll do your hair and nails and when you're older your makeup! And this is your Uncle Jasper, he'll play games with you and watch Tv with you!" (Alice)

I watched as Alice gently scooped Gemma out of Esme's hold and danced around the room with her telling her about all the toys and dresses that she was going to buy her, all while Gemma laughed and Jeanie let out another sigh. We both knew that Alice would do everything in her power to spoil the little genie rotten if we let her. A few moments later and Alice had finally stopped dancing around the room and Gemma was staring quietly at Rose and Edward.

They hadn't introduced themselves to the little genie yet, but Gemma was staring at Rose with a more serious look than I thought a child of any species could make. She glanced at me and Jeanie for a moment before she scrunched up her nose and disappeared from Alice's arms to Rose's arms with a slight pop noise. If it wasn't for our super reflexes I'm sure Rose would have dropped her, but as it was she caught her gently in her arms.

"Hi, you look sad. Don't look sad Aunt Rosie." (Gem)

"How did you already know my name little one?" (Rose)

"Because Aunt Jeanie said you and I look alike so you must be Aunt Rosie." (Gem)

"You know Rose, she is right. She does look a lot like you. Hello little one, I'm your last Uncle. Uncle Edward." (Ed)

"Hi. Why you sad Aunt Rosie?" (Gem)

"Well.....I haven't had anyone to play tea party with in ages. I don't suppose you'd like to play?" (Rose)

"Yes please! Aunt Jeanie may I?" (Gem)

"Of course Gemma, as long as you listen to Rosalee and behave." (J)

"I promise." (Gem)

I watched as Rose mouthed a thank you as Gemma hugged her and they walked quietly out of the living room and into the kitchen. I knew that Rose would pull out the tea set that we had just recently bought under Alice's instruction. Now of course we all know why she said we simply had to have it.

"A remarkable young child. Congratulations to both of you." (Esme)

"Thank you Esme, we're very excited to have her as a part of our family, all our family. Carlisle, if you have a moment right now may I speak with you in private about a few things?" (J)

I looked at Jeanie in question as she smiled at Carlisle when he nodded. She leaned up and kissed me on the check before telling me that they would be back in a few minutes or so before taking his hand and disappearing with him.

"Well.....any idea what that was about?" (Esme)

"No clue, but if it's something bad she'll tell me eventually, I hope." (Em)