Chapter 60

Emmett's POV:

I felt myself pause at what Evelyn had just said about Jeanie dating a satyr, she dated a goat-man once.....weird. I forced my thoughts back to the conversation at hand and heard Evelyn tell Jeanie that they had everything they would need as well as additional supplies.

"All that is left is the person meant to free you." (Eve)

"She's back at the house waiting for us." (Em)

I watch as both girls, well supernatural girls, stopped talking with one another and looked towards me. Eve looked at Jeanie with a raised eye, as if waiting for her response before Jeanie sighed some and nodded with a nervous look flooding her eyes.

"Alright let's go." (J)

I took Jeanie's hand into mine as she stood up from the bed, getting ready to simply disappear to my house before she surprised me and started walking downstairs. I walked outside with her, Evelyn following behind us, watching as they both whistled a musical sounding tune. I found myself frozen again as I watched two unicorns walk out of nowhere.

"Hello Ursa, hello Uni. It is an honor to see you both again." (J)

I watched as the Unicorns bowed their heads towards Evelyn and Jeanie, with them repeating the action before I copied them as well. Unicorns. Freaking Unicorns were standing in front of me and my mate.

Jeanie's POV:

I felt honored that Uni should be the one to answer my tune, having met her only once before. I felt Emmett seem to freeze next to me as I let go of his hand and approach Uni. I smile stroking the silver mane as she nickers at me, pawing at the ground with one of her golden hoofs.

I mounted Uni just as Evelyn mounted Ursa before I looked back to see Emmett watching me with a look of adoration and shock on his beautifully carved face. I couldn't help the laugh that left my mouth as he seemed to shake his mind clear and took a few steps closer to me. Uni immediately backed away from him snorting as he went to touch her.

"Unicorns are never friendly towards males Emmett. It's nothing too personal. We will meet you back at the house?" (J)

"Oh, yeah ok." (Em)

I saw his face drop and my spirt fell with it, as I wished Uni trusted him enough to at least let him pet her. However, I was not about to try and persuade her to do anything she didn't want. Evelyn, though she may not love Emmett completely yet, must have felt my disappointment and his as she smiled a bit as us.

"Perhaps a race to make things interesting. Last back to the house loses." (Eve)

"A race? They're that fast then?" (Em)

"Faster even. What do you say vampire, are you game?" (Eve)

"Oh it's on." (Em)

I smiled but hid my laughter as I realized what Evie had planned. We would start the race normally but they unicorns would open a portal a few seconds into the race. Emmett would no doubt think he was the easy winner until he got to the house and saw us waiting for him. I watched as Evie counted down from three and then watched Emmett take off as a blur towards the house.

We followed behind at a sprint before both unicorns bowed their heads and opened up the portal. Through I could see all the Cullens on their front porch, along with Laurent and the Denalis. I felt a slight smirk cross my face as I knew just how surprised they would all be at our arrival.

As soon as we were through the portal I felt it close and I laughed with Evelyn as we watched all the vampires on the porch freeze in surprise. Then I heard Alice make a noise between a loving and surprised noise.

"Unicorns! They're real too?!? One day you'll have to tell us what mythological creatures are real!!" (Alice)

"Can we say hello to them?" (Esme)

"It's up to them, not us. We are but passengers, the gift of a ride from one of them is very much like a blessing." (Evelyn)

"I just knew that I would beat......them.......how did you do that???" (Em)

I saw the rest of the vampire families look between Evelyn whom they had just noticed and Emmett who had come running out the woods looking like he won a prize. That was until he saw us still sitting upon Ursa and Uni. I couldn't help the laugh that followed his question as Evelyn only sent a soft smirk his way.

"They.....they have thoughts just like you or I do." (Ed)

"Yes, they are not a dumb beast. They are one of the most intelligent and powerful species that exist. Though with a governing body such as the Volturi that tells their people of nothing supernatural it is not surprising that you do not know that." (Eve)

I saw Evelyn eyeing Edward in an attempt to determine whether he was intelligent himself, and a light laugh escaped my mouth. I climbed down from Uni, thanking her as I did and asking if the other women might come and meet her. She nodded her head in agreement before I turned to the others on the porch.

"The women may come and greet Uni if they wish, but you must show respect. I would bow towards her to show her respect. If she returns it you can approach her." (J)

"Holy shit, it's just like Harry Potter and the hippogriff isn't it?" (Kate)

"Shhh....I doubt comparing her to that would please her much." (Tanya)

"She is correct about that, as hippogriffs are real as well and not nearly as intelligent or as friendly." (Eve)

"Or as beautiful." (J)

I smiled as I heard Uni nicker behind me and I turned to see her holding her head high, proud of both of comments. Ursa had more humility but she too was displaying her head and horn with pride as she stood near Evelyn who had dismounted only moments ago.

A few moments later and Esme, Rosalie, Alice, and Carmen are stroking Uni. While Kate, Tanya, and Irina are stroking Ursa. I saw the guys look on with longing but it was something that couldn't be helped. I smiled as I walked towards Emmett, taking his hand in mine before leaning against his shoulder.

It wasn't a second later that his arms were wrapped around me, a smile on both our faces as we watched the others interact with Ursa and Uni. The others finally walked back up to the porch with the guys, and Uni watched me with Emmett before walking over towards us.

I bowed to her again, with Emmett mimicking my actions for all the good it did, smiling when she did the same. I heard Edward chuckle some from the porch and I turned to look at him in question, the others following my action.

"It seems that Uni has decided Emmett isn't a threat if he is Jeanie's mate. She's letting you pet her, she's decided you're just a large teddy bear of a vampire." (Ed)

"A teddy bear huh?" (Em)

I saw Emmett smirk but I as I grab his hand I knew that I didn't have to tell him to behave because he let out a light chuckle. He slowly walked up to Uni and reached out to pet her neck. She allowed him to and I saw Evelyn walk over to me with raised eyes and an approving smile as she did.

"Well perhaps he's better than the satyr after all." (Eve)

"Oh shut up Evie." (J)