Chapter 58

Emmett's POV:

I was shocked, even frozen in place for a moment when she told me her person was Kate. Then I watched her head fall backwards as she passed out, barely catching her before she fell off the bed. I gently scooped her up in my arms, laying her underneath the covers before sliding in next to her.

I had worried back at the house about the amount of magic she was performing, and seeing her pass out now only confirmed my fears. She had overdone it on the non-wished magic, as she called it. I pulled her closer to my chest as my fingers ran through her soft curls.

I understood her fear about being trapped in the bottle by another master, one that was meant to free her. But I also knew Kate, as she has been just as much a sister to me as Rose and Alice are. I know that as soon as she knew that she could free Jeanie, she would do it. I only hoped to keep Jeanie calm enough to allow her the opportunity first.

I laid next to her for hours, texting the others to let them know we would be back in the morning or possibly even the afternoon. My family understood how Jeanie had worn herself out and I knew that someone would explain what happened to the others.

Kate had sent a text telling me to keep her safe, or she'd kick my ass this time. I couldn't help but smile at that, already seeing how protective she was of Jeanie since she wasn't a vampire. Though if they thought her at all weak for not being one, I can only guess that having my ass whooped by her put that to rest.

It was about 5 in the morning when I heard a soft knocking on Jeanie's front door, something I found odd as her family literally just pops in on her when they visit. I looked at Jeanie to see her still sleeping peacefully, if rather still compared to her usual, before I slid out of bed and headed downstairs.

I opened the door to find myself face to face with a woman that could beat Rose in a beauty contest if she tried. She wasn't very tall, maybe 5'6", but she had silvery blond hair that reached past her shoulders and ice blue eyes. Her skin was fair, but not as pale as mine, but as I stared her gaze shifted into a slight glare as she looked me over.

"I am here for my friend in need. Where might I find her?" (Eve)

"Sorry, but who are you?" (Em)

"I am a friend of Jeanie's, who are you?" (Eve)

"I'm Emmett.....Jeanie's never mentioned you before and she's.......busy at the moment. Can I tell her you stopped by and have her contact you later?" (Em)

I knew that this....person wasn't a genie as she had a scent to go with her blood as her heart beat it through her veins. Granted it smelled like summer grass after it had been cut, but she had a scent regardless. Her heart however seemed to be beating incredibly slow, if she was human I would have said she was a goner based on her heart rate.

She narrowed her eyes again as she stared at me, and I saw a faint blush color her cheeks. Hmmmm guess I made her embarrassed or mad by my own staring at her, but I don't trust her around my mate when Jeanie's never mentioned someone that looks like her.

"You shall move from my path vampire, or I will lay every charm of torment I have in my power on you. You have no permanent claim on her yet, I can tell." (Eve)

"I'm not letting you near her until she's awake." (Em)

"She is my friend and she is in need right now. If you care about her you shall move out of my path now!" (Eve)

I watched as she started to bare fangs at me and her eyes shifted to pure white as she drew closer to me. I felt my own eyes widen, wondering if I didn't let her pass what she could actually do to me. I wasn't even really sure what she was, but one thing for sure she was terrifying.

"Promise me you aren't here to hurt her?" (Em)

"I would never hurt such a friend as she is to me. Now will you be moving from my path, or shall I force you to?" (Eve)

I looked at her once again, fangs still bared and eyes still pure white before I allowed her into Jeanie's house. Her eyes went back to the icy blue and her fangs disappeared as she nodded and swept past me. She didn't say anything as she walked upstairs to Jeanie's room. I was by Jeanie's side in an instant, ready to die for her if it was needed to keep her safe.

The woman scoffed a bit at my position in front of Jeanie before she closed her eyes and began to whisper in what sounded like a made-up language. I watched as a green mist started coming from around her, floating towards me and Jeanie. It bypassed me as it reached us and went straight for Jeanie instead.

I spun around to watch the mist go up into Jeanie's mouth before disappearing, making Jeanie shudder and moan a bit in the process. The woman stopped muttering a few seconds later as the rest of the mist flowed into Jeanie, while I stood frozen. This woman may have just poisoned my mate.

Evelyn's POV:

I had been keeping an eye on things with Jeanie, even having a few of my servants check on her. It was unusual to ask such a thing of them, as I rarely ask them for anything. Though being in line for the throne had it's perks and they alerted me the moment they, along with Jeanie, discovered what her love interest was.

I was angry at myself for not keeping vampire as an option, despite the difference in eye color. I've been alive for far too long to be fooled by a simple change in eye color by another species.

I had been meditating in the garden, next to the seer pond that I myself had created and blessed, when I felt I was being called. It was not a magic I had felt in many, many years and it immediately caught my attention. I look down into the water of the seer pond and I see Jeanie sitting next to her vampire lover.

I see her say something before she pushes a message unseen by the vampire from within herself to me. I watch as the magic leaves her chest and she falls back onto the bed, a few seconds later and the magic arrives in front of me ready to be interpreted. I walked inside the house, the magic following before I shut the door and waved my hand through it to hear what she had sent me.

"Evelyn Elveata, Priestess of the Elven Moon and High Court Princess, I beseech you now in my hour of great need. I, Jeanie of the Egyptian Genies am in need your healing and courage remedies as my curse is nearing it's close. I wish upon my own self that you do not deny me in my hour of great need." (J)

I watched as her message faded from the room, before I started to gather the necessary salves I knew she would need. It could only mean that she had found her person, and I knew that within the next few days she would undergo the freeing of her bottle. It was a joyous occasion, but also one in which a genie would suffer great pain as the curse to the bottle was broken.

I had helped her cousin Giovanni only yesterday as he was freed by his lover, and I had been the one to help both Gene and Jinny when they freed each other. It was an honor to be asked for help as such, and I felt a smile cross my face recognizing how much more formal Jeanie's request had been compared to Giovanni's.

I left my house with the necessary salves and whistled before my transportation system arrived outside in the garden. I smiled as she nickered at me, before bowing and allowing me to return the gesture. Ursa had presented herself to me as mine when she was but a young foal, and we have gone through much together these last 4000 years.

I climbed on her back and smiled as she pointed her horn towards the fence in the backyard, creating a portal just a few miles outside of where Jeanie was living. I held fast to her silver mane, smiling as she took off at full speed into the portal and away from Hawaii. I would need to tell her to return to her own home after delivering me to our destination. I do not need to fend off vegetarian vampires from eating my unicorn.