Chapter 7

Jeanie's POV:

I could practically hear my uncle's voice scorn me for accepting a date, with a human, after only knowing him for a single day. We were taught at a young age to trust very few humans for many would want to keep us as slaves, for the three wishes thing was actually a myth. In reality, a genie would give as many wishes as their masters wanted until they were released from their bottle by another genie or they were permanently freed.

I myself had already been betrayed in such a way by a human that was a previous master. I felt the tattoo of that master seem to burn a bit at the lingering memory and I forced my mind away from the memories of him. He was after all long dead and I had nothing to worry from him anymore, rather it was the human capturing my attention now that should cause me to be cautious.

Despite all of that though, I could only think of art class tomorrow and speaking with Emmett again in person with a smile on my face. His smiling face with gorgeous dimples, not to mention his body. I know Aunt Jinny would be impressed with my choice of man, I know that for a fact. I plugged my phone up to the charger before setting an alarm so I could get ready for what I'm sure will be another interesting day at school, before snapping my fingers to turn of the lights.

I liked living here despite the curse, it was more secluded than my property in Hawaii and I could use my powers more. I think I was also beginning to like it even more because Emmett was here, and I hadn't ever met anyone like him in Hawaii that's for sure. I felt a yawn leave my mouth as my eyes closed, I clutched at the key to my bottle on the chain necklace I always wore, making sure it was still there, before I finally let myself fall asleep.

Emmett's POV:

I was nervous as I sat at lunch, picking at the tray of food that would only be thrown away. Alice had told me that she sat next to Jeanie during first period but that she was still bullied by the other girls even though she wasn't sitting in her seat. Jasper reported much the same in both English and History which he shared with her.

Edward said he had physics with her after lunch before the last two classes of the day but that did little to help me now. She had the same lunch hour as us but like yesterday she must not be coming in. I felt a wave of slight disappointment wash through me before Jasper replaced it with peace.

"Thanks." (Em)

"No problem Em." (Jas)

"Don't worry she said that she normally spends lunch hours in the library or talking with teachers if she has questions." (Alice)

"You could have told me that sooner Alice and I would have gone to the library instead." (Em)

I watched as she shrugged a bit before smiling again. Between her constant smiles towards me and Rose's death glares I'm going to be driven crazy before the date on Friday. Edwards lets out a low chuckle at my thoughts just as we hear the first bell ring to signal the end of lunch.

"Well only one more to go Emmett." (Alice)

I all but bolted from the cafeteria and went as quickly as I humanly could to the next class of the day, counting the seconds until I could go to the art room. I doubt I could repeat anything that Ms. Miller was teaching us about today in biology, as all my thoughts were in the art room and with Jeanie. I was already halfway standing from my desk as the bell rang and was out the door before it even stopped ringing.

I walked into the art room expecting to see Jeanie but was met with an empty classroom. A minute or two later and I heard the door open to see a tired looking Jeanie walk through the doors. I stood up from my desk and walked over to her smiling, before I saw a bruise in the shape of a handprint on her arm.

She smiled when she first saw me then followed my gaze to her arm, quickly pulling her sleeve down over the bruise and smoothing her shirt down. I heard her clear her throat some before I forced myself to look at her face. My mind was reeling with the question of who hurt here, and where they were right now so I could tear them to pieces.

"Jeanie, who did that to you?" (Em)

"I tripped and was falling and someone caught me before I hit the ground Emmett. It's nothing, I swear." (J)

I listened to her steady heartbeat and her calm expression and I almost believe her, except I can see the worry in her eyes. I don't push her any further, knowing that I could push her away if I do but I make a mental note to try and switch a few classes to be with her and be able to protect her. I don't know why yet but I feel an overwhelming need to protect her and be with her at all times.

"So.......our date Friday, what do you have in mind?" (J)

"Huh, oh! I was thinking maybe, well there is this poetry jam thing going on with an artist combination. I thought if you wanted to we could check that out, and then maybe finish with a surprise." (Em)

I see her tilt her head with a soft smile on her face as if she's thinking about whether she would want to do that. The bell rings before she can make an answer and we both go to our seats as Mr. Evans and most of the class come in. I knew it was a stupid idea, why I ever listened to Edward. What girl would want to go to that kind of thing. Alice whispered to me part way through art asking me how it went but I ignored her, and kept asking myself why I was so stupid to think it was a good idea for a date.

It was at the end of the first hour of art that I saw her stand up from her desk and stretch a bit. I watched as the golden blouse she was wearing rode up a bit allowing me to see just a bit of her stomach before she smoothed it out again. I sighed as I saw how beautiful she looked in the light of the cloudy day outside. Stupid Edward and his stupid date ideas. I wasn't paying attention anymore when I suddenly heard Alice start talking excitedly.

"Well would you like to go shopping with me on Saturday?? Rose said no and I need someone to go with, please!" (A)

I saw as Jeanie's eyes lit up at Alice's pleas and I knew she would be happy for the friendship as it seemed most of the humans here hated her. Though my siblings and I still can't see a reason for it yet, and none of them seem to hate us. A few guys have even been brave enough to ask Rose out already, even though Edward had his arm wrapped around her the whole time they were asking. Jeanie glances at me for a moment and blushes before looking back to Alice.

"I'd love to Alice, thank you. Umm Emmett?" (J)

"Yea Jeanie?" (Em)

"The date you have planned on Friday sounds amazing, does seven work?" (J)

"That works perfectly! I'll pick you up then?" (Em)

"Sure, and perhaps tomorrow you can come home with me after school and we can work on your pre-cal together?" (J)

"I'd love to Jeanie." (Em)

I saw her smile again and I felt dazzled by her beauty again, just as the bell rang to signal the start of our second art period. Alice let out a short squeal at a volume too low for the humans to hear before she started to practically bounce in her desk. I let out a soft chuckle at her before I started planning the second half of the date with the angel.