Chapter 33

Emmett's POV:

Pacing. Nearly a hundred years old and I was still pacing but now I was inside of Carlisle's office as he stared at me from his desk. He didn't say anything he was simply watching as I paced from one end of his office to the other at a human speed. He had agreed with me that I needed to tell Jeanie the truth if I wanted her to spend all of eternity with us, but now I was pacing.

"How could I possibly expect her to want this life Carlisle? To be stuck at seventeen forever? To be damned in such a way." (Em)

"Could you live without her then Emmett? If so we can leave within a day or two." (C)

"Yes. No. I don't know what to do Carlisle. I don't want to condemn her to his form of hell but I don't want to go on without her." (Em)

"Emmett we all want what is best for you, we want you to be happy. We all voted and agreed that she had the right to know about us as your mate and that if she wanted she could join us. The only question now is when to tell her, or perhaps it's whether you really want her." (C)

"What kind of question is that Carlisle of course I want her. She's my mate!" (Em)

I heard the door downstairs open and then heard a rush of footsteps up to the door before it swung open. I let out an un-needed sigh before turning to face whom I thought would be Rose waiting to chew me out or perhaps Alice ready to encourage me. I was met with neither, instead I was met with my friend Kate Denali staring at me with a slight smirk on her face.

"Rose called and then a few moments later Ed called. I swear when those two are on the same wavelength it's scary." (K)

"Kate, it's good to see you." (Em)

I gave her a gentle hug before we parted and sat next to each on the couch, Carlisle leaving his own office so that we could talk in 'privacy' for a bit. I let another sigh as I thought about what to do with Jeanie and how to tell her.

"Well Emmett, tell me about this mate of yours." (K)

"Kate, she's perfect, absolutely perfect. She's got this laugh and smirk that drives me crazy. When she gets pissed off it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen. She's one of the kindest humans I've ever seen and I.....I love her but I don't know how to tell her about any of this." (Em)

"Any of what? Your love for her?" (K)

I shot her an annoyed look knowing full well that she knew I meant the world of the damned that we were a part of. She only laughed in return at my look before she went to ruffle my hair. I leaned away and offered her a soft glare as she laughed again.

"Em has Alice seen her with you in the future? Like as a couple still?" (K)

"Yeah she said she gets glimpses every once and a while but not whole visions." (Em)

"Do you think she has as strong of feelings for you as you do for her?" (K)

"Yea, and Jazz said he can feel the love coming off her when we're together." (Em)

I watched as she raised an eyebrow at my statement before I shook my head and moaned into my hands. Should have known she'd take the 'together' bit to mean something different. I hear her laugh a bit before she shoves me and tells me she was only kidding, but with Kate you can never really tell.

"So you've got a mate that loves you as much as you seem to love her. A sister seeing the future with her still in it, even after you tell her the truth. Seems to me like the only think stopping you is cold feet, and I don't mean that literally." (K)

"Well that's easy for you to say Kate." (Em)

"Em don't say it." (K)

I hold back saying that she falls in and out of love so easily so could be a soap-opera, even though we both know it's true. I feel myself moan into my hands again as I look away from her and think about how horribly wrong telling Jeanie the truth could go.

"Listen Em, you need to man the fuck up and grow a pair of balls and just tell her how you feel, followed by what you are. The rest will fall into place." (K)

I looked up from my hands and raised an eye at her cussing, she isn't one to normally cuss like that. Unless she means every word, she's saying. I see her stare back at me with none of the joking that she was using earlier. I know that she's right but there is a part of me that is still terrified of telling her.

"Alright Kate, beginning of winter break. I'll tell her." (Em)

"Good because if she doesn't know by Christmas when we come over to celebrate, when I'll meet her, I'll have to shock your ass into gear you know." (K)

If it could I swear my face would have paled at the thought of Kate shocking me again. The last time she seriously shocked me was during a wrestling match and I was blown off my feet to land on my ass, and I swear I saw stars for a bit. Though of course I would never tell her that. Her ego is big enough as it is, just like mine really.

I gave her a nod as she laughed and told me to walk her back to her car, as she was only passing through the area when Rose and Ed had called. I watched her drive off, sighing as the worry of telling Jeanie in less than a week hit me again.

"Hey Jazz! I might need some added courage in a few days!" (Em)

"Alice said you might, just let me know when." (Jas)

I heard Alice squeal in what I'm sure was excitement from their room, knowing that I was going to tell Jeanie the truth soon. Alice had wanted me to tell her weeks ago but I wasn't ready and I knew deep down that Jeanie wasn't either. Now though, I feel as if we're both ready to try and take this relationship to the next level the only way I can for now and that's by trusting each other completely. I only hope she doesn't run away screaming bloody murder once I tell her.