Chapter 77

Jeanie's POV:

"PEACE CAIUS!" (Aro)

I saw Caius hold in a snarl at Aro as he shouted, but after a moment of seemingly wordless communication between them he took his seat back on his throne. He was nothing but an ignorant prideful peacock from what I could see, such a fun weakness to mess with in the long run or right now.

"Perhaps a demonstration of vampire versus genie would please you Caius as you believe your species so superior." (J)

I smirked again as I heard the hisses of anger as I sarcastically called them the superior species. My smirk only remained as I saw the look of worry and fear pass over Aro's face again before he regained a calm and arrogant smile of his own. He turned towards Caius a bit before he spoke in what was a fake friendly tone.

"Brother, I think that not a wise course to take, besides she is a guest and protected under the truce that we all signed." (Aro)

"Oh I would not consider this to break the truce Aro, you have my word on that. It is after all to show Caius who is right and who is wrong." (J)

"A guest she may be but you heard her Aro, it is time this creature be put back in her place. Felix, prove now who is superior." (Caius)

I watched as Aro sighed before taking a seat on his throne. Carlisle was pulled to the side by three other guards as the one named Felix walked towards me. I smiled some as I rolled my shoulders knowing that I didn't even need to do that. I saw him prepare to pounce and I crossed my arms as I waited. He sprung at me full force and I soon heard him hit the wall behind me.

I heard his angry snarl as he appeared in front of me and tried to swipe at me and grab me but his arms went through me as if I wasn't there at all. I smirked again for a moment before snapping my fingers, freezing his body and placing it in the center of the room.

"Do you know what can kill a freed genie Caius? No? Well there are so few ways that we can be destroyed even when we are still chained to the bottle. Now your kind on the other hand, well fire seems to do just the trick." (J)

I snapped my fingers again as Felix's screams filled the room for a moment or two before he burned into a pile of ash on the floor. The room was deadly silent for a moment as I saw the fear that was soon replaced by rage on Caius's face. I snapped my fingers again and Carlisle was standing next to me.

"DESTROY HER!" (Caius)

I looked around the room, ready to snap my fingers and light them all on fire, Peace Conference be damned after this, but I found it unnecessary to do so. I turned back to see Aro looking at me as if I was a prize that he wished to have on his side, still lacking the fear and humility I had hoped he would gain. I smirked again knowing that he would be forever disappointed in never having me.

"It would appear Caius that no one else here is ready to die. Are you?" (J)

"Caius, brother, perhaps you should retire to your room to calm yourself." (Marcus)

"NO! WE SHOULD MOVE TO WIPE OUT THE GENIES!! THEY ARE OUR ENEMIES AS MUCH AS THE WEREWOLVES WERE BEFORE WE DESTROYED THEM!!!" (Caius)

I was ready to reply, feeling anger at the fact that he just admitted to attempting genocide of the werewolves. But before I could I felt a presence fill the air, and I saw a flash of green light followed by a second flash of gold. I turned and saw King Evindal with Queen Elyssa, Elders Jade and Jesse, and Alpha Wesley.

I bowed to both the Elven King and Queen as well as to my own Council Members before I showed my neck in submission to Alpha Wesley. I had met Alpha Wesley only once before and very briefly, but I knew it was wise to maintain the proper greetings if I didn't want an even madder werewolf here, as by the look on his face right now he was furious.