Chapter 25

Emmett's POV:

"I finally understand what you mean Emmett. She truly doesn't have a scent to her blood." (C)

"I told you, it just smells like a breath of fresh wind but nothing tempting about it." (Em)

"Well you won't hear me complaining. She's one of the first humans I've had to work with in a group project that I haven't wanted to eat. Not to mention, get her to open up after she becomes comfortable around you and she's hilarious. Always making jokes on Emmett here." (Jas)

"Gee thanks for such a great approval of my girlfriend Jazz, one that likes to make fun of me all the time." (Em)

The others all laughed at my comment, even Carlisle let out a soft chuckle, but I knew that they liked her. Even Rose was warming up to her and I was incredibly thankful for that. The belly dancing lesson that she did with the girls yesterday went great. Rose even said goodbye to her in a civil manner when she left yesterday. Not to mention getting to watch my mate belly dance again was simply awesome.

"I'm happy for you son. She truly does seem like a wonderful girl and I've never seen you this happy." (C)

"Neither have I. Though I may start to make myself scarce around you two. If it's not your thoughts about her I'm hearing it's flashes of hers that I'm getting." (Ed)

"Flashes Edward?" (C)

"Yes, almost like images. Not always very clear but clear enough to put Emmett's thoughts to the test as far as memory goes." (Ed)

"Interesting." (C)

"Only if you're not the one seeing her thoughts." (Ed)

"Sorry Ed, can't help that my love life is more active than yours right now." (Em)

At that comment Edward froze for a moment before a loud and hearty laugh left his mouth. I smirk some as I think about out latest make out session last night, making Edward stop laughing and call a truce before I start laughing. I heard Alice knock on my door before walking in with a smile on her face.

"She is going to look beautiful tonight Emmett. You better not screw this up, it's taken way too long to make this happen!!!" (Al)

"Vision Alice?" (Ed)

"Only a partial one, but she sent me a picture of her outfit earlier asking if it was too much. I cannot wait to truly raid her closet as a sister, even Rose said she wanted to see what else she had in it." (Al)

"Well I'm about to leave to pick her up." (Em)

"Not wearing that you're not." (Al)

"And that is our cue to leave. Emmett good luck, and I mean that for the date as well as with Alice." (C)

Edward and Jasper both laughed with Carlisle as they left my room, leaving me alone with the fashion Nazi that we called Alice. She smiled at me before skipping to my closet and coming back with a pair of black slacks, a royal blue silk button down, gold thread socks and a pair of black leather shoes. I let a soft moan leave my mouth at the sight of the outfit, being happier with my casual kakis and button-down shirt.

"She's going to love this outfit and it'll pay off later tonight." (Al)

"You're sure?" (Em)

"Yep." (Al)

"Fine, but only this once do you get to play dress up with me like this Alice." (Em)

She nodded but didn't say anything, which basically told me that she was going to try and do this for each date that Jeanie and I had. I changed into the outfit and turned around to fix my hair, before I looked at my watch and saw that I had three minutes to make it to Jeanie's house on time.

"I have to leave right now Alice." (Em)

"Text her that you're on your way! And have fuuuuuun!!" (Al)

I sprinted down the stairs and out the house into Esme's Mercedes which I was borrowing for the night, before sending Jeanie a text that I was on the way. I pulled out of the drive and was speeding down the road to my mate's house, hoping she wouldn't be mad that I was running late.

Jeanie's POV:

I heard his text come in just as I was finishing my hair. I read it quickly and was so thankful that he was running late. I had changed my mind midway through getting ready and chose to wear the dress and heels instead of the sweater jean combo. I had sent a picture to Alice and she said it was perfect, but I had just spent twenty minutes snapping my hair into about thirty different styles before I finally settled on this one.

I have a bit of my curls pulled back with a few blue and gold jeweled burets while I let the rest simply hand down my back. It hadn't taken me long to realize that Emmett loved running his fingers through my hair, and even though I didn't want him to mess my hair up tonight, I secretly hoped that by the end he was running his hand through my hair.

It didn't take a wish for me to discover that I was falling for Emmett and fast. Faster than I ever had for any other human or genie that I had dated in the past. Hell I didn't even fall this fast for the Satyr I dated when I was just a 'teen,' for lack of a better classification for a 100 year old genie.

I just felt a pull to Emmett, like a need to be with him at every moment of the day. I know that he and his family aren't human but I'm more than willing to date a hobgoblin or a satyr, hell I'd even take a minotaur in disguise as long as it was Emmett. I know that I should ask Uncle to see if he can discover what they are, but I also know that I want a future with Emmett.

When I'm with him he makes me feel so human, even though I'm not. He pulls my mind away from the bad memories of the past and towards the present and the future with him.  I haven't had a nightmare about any of my past masters since meeting him, with the exception of that one when Gio was with me. That doesn't mean I haven't been dreaming though, I've had plenty of dreams with him and me together.

I hear his car pull up outside, and I glance at myself one last time in the mirror before seeing that my key's chain wasn't long enough for this outfit. I snap my fingers to make the golden chain a bit longer, so that the key would be hidden from sight under the dress, before I disappeared downstairs. I heard the door shut and then heard his footsteps walking up to the door just as I grabbed a leather jacket from the closet and my gold handbag.

His knock on the door made my heart flutter and I took one last deep breath before I opened it to find what was surely an angle on my front porch. I eye him up and down as he does the same to me and I can only imagine I have Alice to thank for his outfit choice. She apparently wanted us to coordinate outfits as his shirt nearly matches mine, but as handsome as he looks in it I won't complain any time soon.

"You look handsome." (J) "You look beautiful." (Em)

We both laughed a bit as we spoke at the same time, and I felt a slight blush cross my face. He laughed again as he traced my cheek before gently pulling me into his arms. I leaned up and was thankful for the heels tonight as I met his lips quicker than normal. We pulled away from the kiss not wanting it to get too heated and make us late for our first official date.

"Well Ms. Eden, are you ready for our date this evening?" (Em)

"I most certainly am Mr. McCarty." (J)

"Then allow me the pleasure of your arm and we'll be on our way." (Em)

I couldn't help but let a light laugh escape my mouth at the sight of this side of Emmett. He was more formal sounding than I had ever heard him before and it wasn't a second or two after I started laughing that he winked and joined me. I walked arm and arm with him to the car smiling as he opened my door like a true gentleman. Still smiling when he climbed into the car and winked at me.

"Well then Jeanie, let's see if our first date can be just as magical as our first kiss then shall we?" (Em)