Chapter 50

Jeanie's POV:

******Few moments after being released from the bottle by Emily*****

I felt her name being branded across my back as she told the others to get back and let me have rom to breath. I heard them mutter and a few gasp as they watched her name appear. A few seconds later and I was back on my feet, the shackles once again digging into my wrists and ankles, a few tears falling from my face as the pain from the newest master's mark remained.

"I wish you could speak to whoever you wanted, however you wanted, and could do whatever you wanted or needed to do." (Emily)

"Thank you Emily." (J)

"Hey, what's your name?" (Brady)

"Jeanie, and no I'm not trying to be funny. That is my name." (J)

"Cool." (Collin)

I felt a small smile appear on my face as the young wolf grinned at me. I seemed to have won over the younger wolves easily enough, it is only the older ones I am mistrusting now, and them me it seems. I snapped my fingers summoning an ice pack for the master's mark of Emily's before I decided against a chair and decided to simply float in mid-air instead.

I heard a few gasps and opened my eyes to find them all staring at me like deer in headlights. I couldn't help the slight laugh that left my mouth at their expressions, and the time it took before they seemed to accept it as normal. Emily smiles some before she walks into the kitchen starting the oven, before walking back in.

"Alright Em, wish for the leeches to die so we can all relax some on the patrols and Bella will be safe." (Jacob)

I rolled my eyes and saw both Emily, Bella, and the she-wolf, Leah I believe do the same. Men of any species seem to always miss something when listening to a woman, in this case my opening lines from the bottle's curse. They all heard the opening lines from the bottle's curse when I emerged and yet they think I can simply kill the vampires.

"I cannot take away life from any creature, as my curse plainly states, so what else would you have me do?" (J)

"We need to know where they are staying. We can't find their main hideout and as such we can't keep them out. It's mostly just two of them that are causing the problems, the third leech doesn't participate in their games of cat and mouse as they do. Though we plan on eliminating him as soon as possible as well." (Sam)

"Emily?" (J)

I closed my eyes and bowed after she had made her wish, snapping my fingers and summoning a map of the surrounding woods as she did. I opened my eyes and pointed to a large section of woods very close to the main part of Forks. I heard a growl as I pointed and looked up to see Jacob starting to shake before Bella calmed him down with a touch of her hand.

"It is near your house?" (J)

"Yeah. Right next to it actually." (Bella)

"I can make it where a vampire cannot enter your house, if the pack would like that." (J)

"Please." (Bella) "Do it." (Jacob)

Emily again wished for it as I placed protections on Bella's house, and even her car and her father's car. Emily was a thorough master when it came to wishes and details and I was thankful for it, as I'm sure Jacob and Bella was. I finished laying protections and opened my eyes only for my head to suddenly feel light.

I felt myself falling and caught myself on a chair before I hit the ground. I heard their muffled voices asking me something but the only one that came in clearly was Emily's, as the master's voice would always come in clearly. I shook my head clear and stood for a moment before I leaned against the wall instead.

"Are you alright Jeanie??" (Emily)

"I will be fine. Magic even wished for, still has a cost. The protections I have placed will hold but they were very difficult to create, it took more energy than I was expecting." (J)

"Would you like to rest?" (Emily)

"I will rest later Emily, thank you." (J)

I saw her tight smile, knowing that she was still concerned for me but I also knew that I would not rest easy with this many wolves in the house. I wasn't afraid of getting hurt as only my master could harm me, but I wanted to ensure I did not change masters while I slept. It had happened once before and I vowed it would never happen again.

A few minutes later and the pack meeting seems to have concluded, with battle strategies being drawn up and an attack directly on the 'leeches' as they say in two days being planned. I watched as they left, Sam kissing Emily goodbye before he went with Seth to relive the other two wolves on duty.

I had seen Leah watch them kiss from the corner of the room before storming out with angry looking tears forming in her eyes, but I had remained silent about it.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and she appeared very scorned without my curiosity adding to it.

"Are you sure you are fine Jeanie?" (Emily)

"I am sure. I would be asking Leah that though the next time she comes, she seemed upset." (J)

"Oh, well I suppose it won't hurt if I tell you. It's perhaps better you know really, maybe it'll help put Leah in a better light if you can understand the reason for her attitude." (Emily)

I nodded before I took a seat across her at the table, summoning a cup of tea for myself and then for her before she began. She smiled at the tea and took it with another smile towards me before it seemed to melt away as she began her story. By the end of it I can see why Leah is so angry. Her heart was broken and now she is forced to see why every day of her existence.

"I was once in her shoes, well perhaps a bit different. I did not have to see my heartbreak every day, rather I was trapped in the bottle for a few centuries." (J)

"That sounds horrible. How did you move on?" (Emily)

"I recently found my mate, and he has made me all but forget about it in all honesty." (J)

"Oh, I only wish she could find her imprint so she could happy again. We used to be so close to one another." (Emily)

I smiled some as she looked out the window, not having caught what she said, but I granted her wish anyway. I felt the wish take hold and I knew that before my time here was over Leah would meet her imprint. Emily turned back to me with a small smile on her face, seeming to force her unpleasant thoughts away, her next question catching me a bit off guard.

"So tell me about your mate. What's he like?" (Emily)