Chapter 61

Emmett's POV:

I watched as Jeanie's face blushed a bit before she gently shoved Evelyn's shoulder, only earning a laugh in return. I would have to remember to ask about this satyr she dated after she was freed by Kate. Well, first I suppose we should tell Kate and the others of what we wanted to do.

I stroked the soft velvet fur of Uni one more time before walking back over to Jeanie's side. She walked away from me and to Uni before bowing again to both unicorns before standing back up.

"I thank you both for the safe passage of Evelyn and myself to the Cullen's house, and for allowing my mate and his sisters to greet you. I wish for your journey home to be safe and that we may cross paths again in the future." (J)

I watched as she bowed to them again as they repeated her actions, their horns glowing a bright silver and gold before they turned away from her. They walked a few feet from the house and lowered their horns and then disappeared from sight completely.

"That was fortunate Jeanie, it will make things easier if we do it today." (Eve)

"I know, and I am grateful to them both for that." (J)

"Grateful for what Jeanie?" (Em)

"Ursa and Uni saw fit to bless Jeanie before they returned to their own homeland. It will aid in lessening the pain of breaking the curse if only barely." (Eve)

"Breaking the curse?" (Rose)

"Perhaps, it is time to tell everyone what you are aiming to do today Jeanie." (Eve)

"I believe you're right." (J)

I watched as she paled a bit and started to bite her lip in what I knew was worry. She was walking up to the house when I gently grabbed her hand in my own. She offered me a small smile before we walked into the house together. Everyone else minus us and Evelyn were waiting in the living room.

Jeanie went to stand in front of the fireplace so that she was facing everyone, and I stood by her on one side and Evelyn drifted to her other side. Everyone's eyes went to Evelyn before coming back to rest on Jeanie and me with questions filling them.

"I'm sorry I'm not quite sure where to begin." (J)

"I think the best place is always the beginning." (Esme)

I watched as Jeanie smiled a bit at Esme before turning to look at Evelyn. It was almost as if a silent conversation passed between the two and I could tell that they had known each other for a long time. Evelyn gave a slight nod and began to look around the room as if being in a room full of vampires was nothing to worry over.

"Well to start this is my long-time friend. Evelyn Elveata, Priestess of the Elven Moon and High Court Princess." (J)

"Is there any species you aren't friends with Jeanie?" (Alice)

"Oh there are many that Jeanie and her kind do not agree with or speak with on friendly terms." (Eve)

"Thanks a lot Evie." (J)

"Well as cool as it to meet an elf, what is she doing here exactly?" (Tanya)

I watched as Jeanie took a deep breath and told them all of how a genie is created and that a genie will only have one person in their lifetime that will be able to free them from their curse. I felt myself flinch a bit when she described the breaking of the curse as pure agony unless a royal supernatural was there to help ease the pain. She sent me a look as if she was apologizing before she squeezed my hand.

"So, you found that person in Emmett?" (Jasper)

"No......not exactly. That person for a genie is not always a lover. It could come in the form a friend or a sibling, or even a parent figure though that is very rare as genies cannot be freed until they are 100 years old." (J)

"So who is your person?" (Kate)

I watched as she froze and I could tell by the look on Edward's face he couldn't read her mind at the moment. She stood staring at Kate with a look of fear on her face and I wrapped her in my arms as I looked back at the others.

"It's you Kate, a sibling bond just like ours." (Em)

I saw as Kate seemed to sit just as frozen as Jeanie was for a moment before she let out a light laugh. She stood up from the couch and rushed towards us as I felt Jeanie freeze again in my arms. She hugged us both as well as she could with Jeanie in my arms before she stepped away from us.

"I knew that you were good for Emmett and that we would be good friends one day but I could have never dreamed that we would be as close as siblings. I'm honored to be your person Jeanie. So, how do I free you?" (Kate)

I saw Jeanie lose a bit of the tension that she had been holding onto, but only a bit. I gently squeezed her hand as she looked at Kate, biting her lip a bit. I was going to answer for her until she took a deep breath and closed her eyes before answering Kate's question.

"The way a genie accomplishes most magic in their life. You must wish for it." (J)