Chapter 16

Emmett's POV:

I was driving all of us to Jeanie's place, Jasper looking a somewhat nervous mess in the backseat. Even though both Alice and I had told him again and again that their blood had no appeal whatsoever, he still seemed hesitant. Though I was still kind of put off at Alice, considering she lied about how to comfort my mate. She got to come over here and wake her up but I couldn't.....didn't make sense but I guess I had to trust Alice.

A few seconds later and we were outside the house, and I heard music playing as Jeanie sang along. Gio even joined in with her during some of it, and I have to say he wasn't bad but Jeanie was absolutely wonderful.

I knew I had a dumb looking smile on my face as we got out of the car and walked up to the front door. I knew because I heard Alice 'awwwwww' just as we got out, but I didn't focus on her. Jasper walked besides Alice behind me as I knocked on the door, just as I heard Gio yell. I heard my mate's beautiful laugh just as the music came to a halt, then I heard running towards the door.

"Emmett save me!!!" (J)

I froze for a moment as she jumped into my arms before I pulled her behind me ready to protect her from whatever the threat was, when I saw Gio run from the kitchen with pink glitter that seemed to be spray painted into his hair.

"Come on little Jean, one favor deserves another and I have gold. Who knows might even loosen you up a bit for your 'mountain man' here." (Gio)

"Oh my God take me now." (J)

Jasper finally burst out laughing as he looked at Jeanie trying to hide behind me, Gio waving a bottle of gold hair paint in his hand and me looking between the two trying to figure out what to do. Jeanie seemed to notice then that Alice and Jasper were here as she smiled at them both before launching herself into Alice for a hug and then Jasper.

I saw Jasper freeze before he realized that what we had been telling him all along was true. She simply had no scent to her blood. He hugged her back gently before she ran back behind me and looked around me to Gio.

"Gio, we will come back in if you promise no painting my hair." (J)

"Aww you're no fun." (Gio)

"I'll call Uncle G." (J)

"That's a great idea he'll probably want to join!" (Gio)

"Oh damn that's right.....I'll call Aunt Jinny." (J)

"You wouldn't!" (Gio)

"I would." (J)

I watched as they seemed to have a silent stare off with one another before he sighed and put the bottle down on the side table by the door. Jeanie smiled some as she leaned into me and I carefully wrapped an arm around her, not sure what my limits were with her yet. She glances up at me and smiles before Gio moves aside from the door.

"Fine, no hair painting but I can still drink if I want to!" (Gio)

"It's not my hangover tomorrow. Come on in guys. Gio and I were playing a drinking game earlier, he lost hence the pink glitter hair right now and the drunk Gio. I feel fine though, and I'm happy.....oh my god!" (J)

We were already in the living room sitting down on the couch and chairs she had when she had shouted before looking towards Alice. I was ready to explain everything to her whatever it took to calm her down when she suddenly looked up at Alice and smiled.

"Where did you get those shoes! And do they come in gold??" (J)

"You and gold, I swear Cleo made you obsessed over it." (Gio)

"Who's Cleo?" (Jas)

"One of her best mas-" (Gio)

"Gio...silence." (J)

I watched Gio mock salute her before taking a swig from the bottle and taking a seat in chair across from us. I heard him start talking to Jasper a bit before he said he looked familiar as well, just like Alice did. Jeanie told him to shut up again, before I realized she was practically sitting in my lap as she talked to Alice. There was a whole other side of couch that she could sit on but just like the other day she's sitting on my lap.

I smile as I start to run my fingers through her hair and I see Jasper look at us in slight confusion before he too starts to smile at us. Gio eventually starts talking again, and a few minutes in we're all laughing at the time he got lost in Paris and woke up the next morning in the Louvre.

"What's really weird I never even bought a ticket." (Gio)

Jeanie's POV:

I woke up Monday morning feeling refreshed as I had wished to feel before Gio passed out. I was a bit embarrassed by us both yesterday when Emmett, Alice, and Jasper were all here. But Emmett told me after several apologies that it was fine, they all had fun. I smile a bit as I get dressed for school before I hear a slight moan coming from downstairs, causing me to shake my head a bit.

I had warned him that if he didn't wish not to be hungover before he started drinking he wouldn't do it later. He told me several times he wouldn't forget, but guess who passed out before he could wish for it or even forget to wish for it. I smirked a bit as I came downstairs to find him laying on the couch.

"Go on, say it. I know you want to, that's the same smirk Aunt Jinny gets when she wants to." (Gio)

"I told you so. Now make your wish so I can leave for school." (J)

"I wish I wasn't hungover, I wish you would be careful around the humans that are cursed around here, I wish breakfast was already made, and I wish you would have a peaceful Monday." (Gio)

I smiled and shook my head at all his wishes, but crossed my arms and closed my eyes as I granted them nonetheless. He let out a peaceful sigh as he sat up on the couch and stretched, snapping his fingers to change into fresh clothes as he did.

"Well cousin, I'm off after breakfast. If you need me I'll be Florence for a while I think. Maybe spend some time in Cairo later." (Gio)

"Well if you get another Master my phone is always open." (J)

"The same to you cousin, the same to you. Stay safe." (Gio)

"Always am." (J)

"True." (Gio)

He grabbed me into a hug as we both smiled, knowing that we might not see each again for another fifty years if that was what fate wanted. A few seconds later and he lets go, winking at me before he and the breakfast he wished for disappears to his residence in Florence. The little jerk didn't even leave me any bacon.......let's see if I rescue him immediately the next time he gets a new master.