Chapter 55

Emmett's POV:

I smirked a bit as Jeanie snuggled closer into my chest as she slept, and I watched a basketball game on Tv. The other night with her was amazing and I couldn't wait until we could be more intimate with each other. Though seeing her come down the stairs the next day in leggings and one of my shirts was pretty great to.

Alice had offered her something from her closet, and I had offered to run home and get her something to wear from her place if she was too tired to get it with magic. She had only laughed and said she was fine with what she had on. I honestly loved seeing my mate in my shirt, knowing that my scent was on the shirt and would only help in making others see she was mine.

We had spent today getting to know Laurent a bit better, Jeanie actually serving the human king that was alive when he was turned. He seemed intrigued with our lifestyle, especially our ability to dress and live the way we wanted as long as we didn't draw too much attention to ourselves from the humans.

He had decided to stay and meet the Denali's when they came, before he decided on his next plan of action. The Denali's were supposed to arrive either tonight or tomorrow, but depending on who was driving it could vary by several hours. I had asked Jeanie if she was alright to meet the rest of our family and she agreed with a smile on her face.

She had also told me that on New Year's Eve she was going to drag me to her Uncle's house for their annual party. That had sent a brief rush of worry through me wondering what her family would think of me as her mate, but she promised me that they would love me, eventually.

I smile again as she mumbles my name in her sleep with a smile on her face, before the sound of a car pulling up the drive makes me drop my smile. It seems that Kate drove, as they are about three hours earlier than even Alice had foreseen. I look down at my beautiful little mate asleep by my side, knowing that I'd rather meet Kate downstairs than have her burst through the door and wake her up.

I move away as slowly as I can, replacing my body with a pillow that she snuggles into with a soft sigh. I kiss her gently on the forehead before rushing down the stairs and into the living room to see all of our cousins being greeted by Esme, Rose, and Edward. The others having gone hunting with Laurent for the first time.

"Alright, where's that mate of yours? I was promised that I would get to meet her and Rose said she's here and I hear her heartbeat." (K)

"She's asleep right now, but first there is something I should tell you all about her before you meet her." (Em)

"No shit sherlock." (Rose)

"Language." (Esme)

I watched as Rose rolled her eyes but the soft smile on her face told me that she approved of Jeanie 100%, even if she did like to take the mickey out of me for her species. I watched as Kate elbowed Tanya nodding towards Rose's face before all three sisters turned to face me smiling.

"Oooh this out to be good, tell us then Emmett." (Tanya)

"Jeanie is a genie." (Em)

"What?" (Irina)

I let out a deep sigh, knowing that even after I told them they wouldn't completely believe me, but I had to try. They would believe me after meeting her anyway, so might as well give them some preparation. I felt a smile come back on my face as I told them all about my precious mate, leaving out the more private parts about her and her family.

I knew that I shouldn't tell them everything but I gave them the basics about her species and our relationship. The more I told them the more I realized it sounded like a fairy tale, but hell we're vampires so we're basically a walking fairy tale anyway.

An hour later and I'm sitting next to Kate on the couch, telling the others of what had happened this past weekend to Jeanie. We thought it best to forewarn them of Laurent being here so they wouldn't be caught off guard anymore than they already were with Jeanie being a genie. I had my arm around Kate as I finished telling them, waiting as they sat in silence before Tanya spoke up a bit.

"Well, either Emmett is one lucky guy to actually have a genie as a mate, or he's lost his mind." (Tanya)

"Well Em, even if you've gone completely bonkers and your mate is only human I approve. I haven't seen you this happy in years, but I better be in the bridal party in a few years." (K)

I had let out a slight laugh at that, knowing that even if it was just the Cullen Coven and the Denali Coven, Alice would throw the most extravagant wedding she could as she does for Rose and Edward, Esme and Carlisle, and herself and Jasper every few years. I nodded in agreement to Kate as she leaned up and kissed me on the cheek hearing a pop noise just as she did.

I smiled as the Denali's all seemed to freeze at Jeanie's sudden appearance, but I was growing used to it really. I think we all were as often as she did that rather than walk down the stairs. She glanced around the room before she looked back to me and Kate sitting next to me.

I had expected her to smile at me, but her face was blank as she looked at me. The others all returned just then from their hunting trip and I heard Jasper let out a low whistle when he came through the door, Jeanie still not saying a word.

"Emmett.....you are in deep shit." (Jas)

"What do you......oh babe, it's not what it looks like!" (Em)