Chapter 32

Jeanie's POV:

The rest of the week with my family had passed rather smoothly, well as smoothly as a household full of eight genies could be I suppose. Gio and Jeremy did end up getting into it last night after a few too many drinks, but the argument was as stupid as they often were. It was an argument over who was drunker, I thought Uncle G was going to try and kill them both. And after Gio's comment that first day here, I was willing to let him try.

As it was, tonight was my last night here, and I was the last of my 'cousins' still here. Gio had been next to last to leave early this morning, but not until I had made sure he left some bacon for the rest of us, unlike last time he left at breakfast. I still hadn't fully forgiven him for not leaving me some bacon that morning he left my house.

Now I was sitting at the table with Aunt Jinny and Uncle G, playing with my cup of tea in my hands while preparing myself to discuss Emmett and his family with them. I had been playing with my cup, not really interested in drinking the tea, because I was so nervous as to what they would both say about him and our relationship.

I had told them of the genie curse in the town I was living in yesterday, and Uncle said he would mention it to Frank, one of the fairies he plays golf with to see if it couldn't be revoked. Though the fact that he had a fairy golf buddy made me smile, I was still worried about what he would say about Emmett.

"Well dear......is he a hobgoblin like Gio said a few days ago? Because you know if he is, neither of us will judge you." (Jin)

"No he isn't a hobgoblin, well I don't actually know if he is or not. See that's what I've been waiting to speak to you both about. I don't know what he is. Evelyn and I have eliminated centaur, elf, fairy, troll, and nymph for sure but everything else seems to still be fair game." (J)

"So you've been dating an unknown creature for two months and you're just telling us?" (Uncle)

"Dear, let her finish telling her side before you jump all over her about how dangerous it is." (Jin)

I watched my Uncle huff a bit as Aunt Jinny stopped what was about to be a rant about how dangerous this was and how young and naïve I was acting. I gave her a small smile before I looked back down and told them everything I knew about Emmett and his family. Everything from their eyes and the way they seemed to change color, their body temperature, and the way they seemed to restrain themselves when they moved.

"And how do you feel about him dear?" (Jin)

"Yes, how do you feel about this.....creature?" (Uncle)

"I love him." (J)

"Jeanie-" (Uncle)

"I know you've heard me say that once before about Master Smith, but with Emmett it's different. He makes me feel alive, safe, human even. I almost feel like I can be myself with him, but at the same time I can't until I know what he is. That's why I need your help on finding out what he is. Please Uncle." (J)

"Why not your Aunt, why do I have to be the one to find this out?" (Uncle)

"Because you have connections in nearly every council known to the supernatural world and if anyone can find out a creatures race it's you, please." (J)

"I don't know why you think I'd help you endanger yourself like this again. Was the time you spent trapped thanks to Master Smith not enough to prevent you from doing this again?" (Uncle)

I felt a flash of pain rush through me at the memory of both Master Smith's betrayal to me and the time I was trapped in my bottle for so long. I saw Aunt hit him on the back of the head before he sighed and apologized as we sat in silence for a moment. I looked back up at him after a few minutes knowing that I had one last plan in getting him to agree to help, and Aunt Jinny would help me with it as well.

"Why don't you just settle down with a known supernatural being for a few decades as we attempt to find your person? Just settle down and just be.....just be miserable for the rest of your life. Alright. Alright I'll do it, just stop looking at me with the puppy dog eyes. Both of you!" (Uncle)

I felt a small smile grace my face just as one did Aunt Jinny's face as she gently squeezed my hand under the table. We both knew that Uncle had a terribly hard time saying no to puppy dog eyes, especially from two of us at the same time. It was a technique used often against Uncle, the poor genie.

"Thank you Uncle." (J)

"Don't thank me until after we've figured them out." (Uncle)

"Well see, nothing to fear dear. I do believe though that you should be getting back Jeanie dear. I wish you could travel home safely and that you would not be tired out by your journey." (Jin)

I smiled before I stood to hug both Uncle G and Aunt Jinny, she really does think of everything when she makes wishes. I couldn't be happier about that though as I was worried about being tired from this trip. I could only hope that I hear back from Uncle soon, as I knew my heart was only falling deeper and deeper in love with Emmett with each passing second.