Chapter 38

Jeanie's POV:

It had been a few days into the winter break and I was laying on my couch, my head in Emmett's lap as he asked me different questions, his fingers running softly through my hair as he did. Everything from my favorite color, to my favorite song, and now we were hitting the bigger questions.

"How old are you Jeanie?" (Em)

"I'm quite young for my kind." (J)

"What does that mean then?" (Em)

"I'm 2442." (J)

I watched in slight amusement as he seemed to freeze for a moment. Even his hand in my curls stopped moving as he tried to wrap his head around my age. It's true though I'm one of the younger genies that I know. Though the absolute youngest I know of is still about 100 years old, but you're not counted as an old genie until you reach 6000 at least. I let out a soft laugh as he finally looks down at me.

"Not too old for you, am I?" (J)

"Never, but you look great for your age, old lady." (Em)

"Hummpphhh my uncle is twice my age, and he isn't old yet in my species so watch it little boy." (J)

"Hahah ok ok. Where were you born?" (Em)

"I wasn't....I was just....it's difficult to explain with my councils rules still in place. We aren't born this way we just start existing. Though I suppose if you needed a place, Egypt would count as the first place followed by Saudi Arabia." (J)

"And you're sure you're not an angel?" (Em)

"Hahaha yes I'm sure, many religions even condemn my kind to hell." (J)

"I know you can teleport now, and you can control a lot of stuff by simply snapping your fingers. Any other magic powers?" (Em)

"None I can tell you yet." (J)

"Sure you aren't a superhero?" (Em)

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth at that and soon he joined me. I was just now realizing as he asked me questions that I did trust him, just as I loved him. I sat up and kissed him before he gently pulled me into his lap to kiss me again, the game of questions being forgotten for a moment as he deepened the kiss and made my head spin. I finally pulled away from him and smiled as I leaned my forehead against his before I answered his question.

"I'm no Wonder Woman Em, but you are surely my Superman." (J)

Emmett's POV:

I felt a bit of disappointment at the little bits of information I had discovered today. She had told me today that she trusted me but I felt she was still hesitating a bit more than she would be if I had never touched the key. Carlisle said that he thought he might know what she was but he said I'd have to be the one to test it out tonight. Jeanie was coming over to talk more in a bit, wanting time to rest and call her Uncle.

The family, all except Carlisle were shocked when I told them she wasn't human. Carlisle it seemed had known that there were other supernatural things that lurked in the world, having learned of them a bit during his stay with the Volturi. He was my only hope in finding out what she was really and I was soon knocking on Carlisle's office door only to be told by Esme upstairs that he was working the nightshift.

I walked into the office and looked at the books on supernatural beings that he had and started searching for an answer that would fit. Alice had told me about the tattoos going down her back earlier, and I now had the newer information. I know Carlisle had his own theories as to what she was, with Fairy being one.

But after reading all the information on fairies I feel safe to say that she isn't a fairy. Though I was a bit disappointed at that, because who wouldn't want to date a fairy. Or at least be able to say they dated a fairy.

A few hours later, I heard him walk through the door. A few moments later and he was helping in my search through his books with the new information. Just as the sun was beginning to set and the deadline was approaching Carlisle handed me a piece of paper with what looked like old Arabic written on it.

"Say this to her and if my suspicion is right, you'll know what she is soon enough." (C)

"Thanks!" (Em)

"Emmett, Jeanie is here!" (Alice)

I smiled in thanks to Carlisle one more time before rushing downstairs to see Jeanie smiling and talking to Alice some. I smiled at the sight of her smile as I waited for Alice to leave us alone. She finally did before I offered Jeanie my hand and we walked into the now empty living room to talk. Everyone had left the house to let us talk alone in privacy for a bit and I couldn't more thankful for that than right now.

"Any new theories?" (J)

"I think so." (Em)

"Well alright let's hear them then." (J)

"Ok,  'Ana 'amruk aljiniyu litakshif li zujajat alkhasi bika." (Em)

I watched as look of heartbreak seemed to cross her face before she stood up from the couch, bowed to me and then disappeared from the room. I had no clue what I had told her to do or where she had gone, but she soon reappeared with tears in her eyes and a golden bottle decorated with jewels and a stopper.

She glanced at the door before snapping the chain off her neck and offering it to me before then offering me the bottle as well. I carefully took the key before she looked up at me with tears flooding her eyes as I did. I saw her hand twitch as if to pull away from me as I neared the bottle but she didn't move her hand any further away as the tears began to fall.

"Emmett, please revoke it." (J)

"What?" (Em)

She didn't say anything else as she bowed again and held the bottle out to me. I took it from her gently and saw the that stopper had an opening for a key, so it was locked. I took the key off the chain and put it in the lock just as she looked back at me. I turned it and it popped open just as I watched Jeanie hit the floor on her knees.