Chapter 59

Emmett's POV:

I turned towards the newcomer ready to rip her to sheds as it seemed she had hurt my mate, as Jeanie was still moaning softly. I was ready to rip her to shred but she didn't even seem to notice my presence as I stood there shaking next to her. She was already focusing on Jeanie, pulling some sort of lotion out of her pockets as she kneeled next to her.

I was reaching out to take her in my hands and strangle the life from whatever sort of creature she was when I suddenly found I couldn't move at all. I looked at Jeanie wondering if it was her doing this as she had back at the house but saw she was still unconscious.

"If you think I would be so easily destroyed you are wrong." (Eve)

"GET AWAY FROM HER!!" (Em)

I struggled in my frozen position trying to move my arms or rather anything to keep her from touching Jeanie but I couldn't move anything. I heard a slight gasp and stopped struggling as I saw her open her eyes and smile at the newcomer before speaking in a soft voice.

"Evelyn you came." (J)

"Of course, though your lover should learn to recognize supernatural beings with more power than himself. He was quite protective of you, which as honorable as it is, was rather foolish of him." (Eve)

I watched as Jeanie blushed a bit before she looked up and meet my eyes, a small smile forming on her face. She noticed how I was frozen and glanced at Evelyn before she let out a soft laugh. She sat up on the bed, with Evelyn sitting next to her on the side, both of them now facing me.

Jeanie's smile held warmth and love as it always did for me, but Evelyn only seemed to smirk as I started to struggle again. I couldn't even talk now and it was more than annoying me at the moment.

"You'll have to forgive him Evelyn, it seems vampires know very little of other species." (J)

"Hmmmm how odd......when the Greeks were in power they at least knew of us though I suppose the knowledge died out with their funeral pyres. I am curious as to why the Romanians never knew, and why the Volturi seem content with telling their species so little." (Eve)

"I think the Volturi believe themselves to be above all other supernatural beings, so they simply pretend others don't exist. Or they try to hunt them to extinction, as they once tried with the werewolves." (J)

"And yet theirs is one of the easiest to destroy with but a little fire. No matter, I will mention it to my father upon the next assembly." (Eve)

"It would probably be a good idea to. Emmett, this is Evelyn Elveata, Priestess of the Elven Moon, High Court Princess, and someone whom I count one of my closest friends." (J)

Jeanie's POV:

I could still feel Eve'e smirk towards Emmett as I tried to maintain my laughter at his frozen expression of anger mixed with confusion. She waved her hand through the air as he became unfrozen and stumbled forward. Eve and I both let out a short laugh before he righted himself and stood back up.

"Not very graceful for a vampire, are you?" (Eve)

"So you're an elf huh? Though you were supposed to be like three feet tall and live in a tree making cookies." (Em)

"Emmett.....I wouldn't-" (J)

"No Jeanie, let the vampire speak of things he clearly knows more about than either of us. He is after all older than us with vast amounts of knowledge. Perhaps he can tell me the difference between a pixie and an elf, or of a ghoul and a ghost, or maybe a curse and an enchantment." (Eve)

I shook my head at Emmett who looked ready to reply as he stood in front of us, and thankfully he saw the action. He looked at Eve with a slight glare that she readily returned with another smirk. It wasn't often that I saw this side of Evelyn, in fact it was as rare as my relationships as she became immensely more protective of me when I was in one.

I couldn't help but let out another laugh, knowing that the last time I had seen Eve act like this she was meeting the last supernatural being I dated. A charming if but common sense stupid satyr.......I wonder whatever happened to Stan after she scared him off.

"He didn't mean any real harm Eve. Emmett, I called for Evelyn to come here for my own reasons." (J)

"You could have at least told me I suppose. What reasons Jeanie?" (Em)

"Personal reasons that may or not arise in the next few days." (J)

"Personal reasons like what?" (Em)

"He will need to know if you expect him to allow me to help should it come to that. Just as Gio's lover needed to know just in case." (Eve)

"Gio is free then now?" (J)

"Yes, with my assistance just the other day. He had hinted that you might be next and I am glad that for once he is right. For now though, your lover must know as well." (Eve)

"I intend to give Kate a chance to break the curse." (J)

"Alright, and she's needed here why?" (Em)

"Breaking a curse is.......Emmett I will not lie to you, it will be the most painful thing that a genie could endure and still survive." (J)

"WHAT?!?!" (Em)

"Evelyn is here to help me heal after, or rather if, I'm wished free by Kate." (J)

"What's an elf going to do that Carlisle or I can't do Jeanie??" (Em)

"I think I preferred that satyr you once dated to him Jeanie, may I send him home now?" (Eve)