Chapter 70

Jeanie's POV:

I felt my eyes widen at her response and I was prepared to freeze Emmett if I had to, to prevent him from doing something stupid. Leah's tone wasn't completely unfriendly but it wasn't exactly welcoming either. I could see a bit of worry in Gio's eyes as he looked at Leah and then Emmett, slowly wrapping his arm around her waist in case he had to get them out of there in a hurry.

Our worry though seemed unnecessary as he didn't attack her or make any move towards her and Gio. I looked towards him, taking his hand into my own and gripping it tightly to hopefully remind him of his promise to me about not starting a fight. Emmett surprised me and possibly even Leah  as he burst out laughing with his signature smile on his face.

"I'm doing very well tonight mutt, how about yourself?" (Em)

"The stench isn't as bad with all the genies around, so I suppose I'm fine." (Leah)

They continued to exchange a few small talking pleasantries with one another, keeping up with the name calling as both Gio and I watched on in slight confusion. It wasn't as hateful as I had seen the shapeshifters and vampires speak of one another, rather it was like watching two old friends playfully bicker with one another.

I watched as eventually Gio began to smile at their playful comments of 'wet dog' and 'bleach' was thrown around, and I couldn't help but join him. I was happy that even if they weren't being completely civil with one another with all the name calling, they were being friendly enough for two groups that hated one another.

It wasn't for another twenty minutes before Gio and Leah excused themselves to go talk to Gracie and Helena. Emmett and Leah parted ways in a similar fashion to their hellos, and I was surprised to see the smiles on their faces remain genuine looking. I take a closer look at Emmett to see him more relaxed now than he had been a few hours ago. I felt a light laugh leave my mouth as I looked at him, finding it funny that the shapeshifter seemed to relax him. My laugh earned a curious look from him as he stared down at me.

"What is it?" (Em)

"You Emmett McCarthy Cullen. It's you and how you never cease to surprise me." (J)

"Well it's probably a good thing I can still surprise you then, otherwise I think you'd get bored of me, coming from such an entertaining family." (Em)

"Bored? Of you? Never in a thousand years." (J)

"I'll hold you to that." (Em)

I smiled into the kiss he planted on my lips hearing Gio whistle at us from the edge of the tent. I knew that it was time to eat but I wanted Emmett to see the moons rise, and I didn't want this kiss to end so quickly. A few seconds or perhaps it was minutes, I couldn't have told the difference anymore, we broke apart both smiling at each other.

"The others want us to hurry up so they can start dinner." (Em)

"It's not nice to eavesdrop you know, besides they can wait another minute. I want you to see the moons rise." (J)

"Jeanie, babe, I've seen the moon rise at home hundreds of times and I know you must be hungry." (Em)

"No Em, I said moons. Now look." (J)

I toward my attention to the sky as I saw the stars beginning to appear above us, and then watched as the three moons of the genie realm rose above us. I felt a smile form on my face as I remembered dreaming of doing just this with my lover when I was a younger genie. I had even wished for it, several times, but I never imagined it to be this beautifully perfect.

"The most beautiful thing that I've ever seen." (Em)

"I knew you'd like it." (J)

"Ha, babe I was talking about you." (Em)

I turned toward him to see him smiling at me under the light of the moons, and I scoffed a bit at how cheesy that was. Knowing that human movie have said similar things before, but he seemed to know what I was scoffing at though as he let out a light laugh before capturing my hands in his.

"You can think it's stupid, what I said, but I don't care. It's true. You, Jeanie, are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I'm so grateful that I found you." (Em)

I leaned up to meet his lips for a kiss, feeling him running his fingers through my curls. He lifted me against his chest with the other arm, holding me closer to him as we kissed. I never thought that I could be this incredibly happy as many centuries as I was cursed to the bottle.

"Oh, for the love of the genie realm!!! Will you two hurry it up already?!?! Some of us haven't eaten since breakfast yeah!?!" (Gio)

I felt a slight blush form on my face as we broke apart, Emmett laughing a bit at Gio's frustration towards us. He set me back down on the ground and kissed me on the forehead before telling Gio we were coming. I only wish Gio had let us have a moment or two longer.

"Perhaps later babe, we can finish this kiss?" (Em)

"I'd love too Em, but until then you have my permission to challenge Gio to Call of Duty. He should have to pay some type of penalty for stopping such a magical kiss." (J)

Emmett's POV:

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! Happy New Year!!!!" (Everyone)

I had been watching Jeanie count down from ten the entire time, a smile permanently etched on my face at how happy she looked tonight. Her entire family seemed elated by her apparent change and I was happy to have had a hand in it. As soon as we all yelled Happy New Year I had her in my arms, kissing her. I felt her smile in the kiss before she froze where I held her and pulled away from me.

I watched in question as a strange dazed look came over her face before a smile lit up her whole face. She kissed me again before disappearing from my arms and the entire party altogether. I felt a wave of panic wash over me for a moment until I felt someone grab my shoulder. I looked towards the person to see Jeanie's Aunt looking at me with a soft smile.

"Her genie has awoken, and she gone to retrieve them. Don't worry, she'll be back in a few minutes or an hour or two." (Jinny)

I felt myself nod a bit before I found myself walking outside under the light of the three moons. I wondered if the new little genie would like having a vampire for an uncle. I hoped so because if not, then I wasn't sure what I would do or what Jeanie would do either.

"I wish you'd hurry back Jeanie." (Em)