Chapter 48

Emmett's POV:

I was laying under Jeanie on the couch, as she slept across my chest, having fallen asleep during the movie a few minutes ago. Though I couldn't blame her, she said that she would need a day or two to fully recover from this weekend. I would give her all the time in the world, however, I also knew that the Denali's would be coming down in another few days and would practically demand to meet my mate.

I felt an unneeded sigh leave my lips as the thought of overwhelming my mate with vampires hit me. Sure she was fine with us, and me especially, but how would she do with another five vampires in the mix. I heard something that sounded like wind chimes suddenly echo through the house but before I could try to investigate Jeanie jumped off my chest, wide awake.

She waved her hand as through the air and the wind chimes suddenly turned to words. I knew it was a woman's voice and she sounded as if she was in trouble, but I was sure it was someone I had never met before.

"Oh genie, I hope you can hear me. We need your help, please!" (Emily)

I heard Jeanie take in a sudden breath before she glanced at me and disappeared. I started to worry but I heard her moving around upstairs. I was about to join her but then she reappeared in front of me wearing what I've come to call genie clothes and holding her bottle. I watch her bite her lip before looking at the bottle and then back up at me.

"Jeanie, what's wrong?" (Em)

"That was....to put it frankly a shapeshifter's imprint that I once blessed and told her that if my help was ever needed she would know how to reach me." (J)

"And you have your bottle why?!?" (Em)

"Because based on her worry I fear I will not be able to give her the help she needs without being under the curse of the bottle." (J)

"So you're going to give this woman your bottle and become a slave again?!? Jeanie have you lost your mind?!?" (Em)

I hated myself a bit when I saw her flinch at my word choice and my voice growing in volume before she looked back at me with tears in her beautiful eyes. The wind chime sound echoed through the house again and I watched Jeanie's eyes light up in fear before looking back at me.

"Please understand Emmett. I must go. Here is the name of the town I will be in. There is also a human phone number for Gio, if I do not return in a few days. I.....I'm sorry, but they need my help. I love you." (J)

I felt a piece of paper appear in my hand after she snapped her fingers, then watched in shock as she disappeared from the room before I had the chance to try and stop her. I looked down at the piece of paper before I walked out of the house and drove back to mine.

I walked in the door to be met by Alice to tell me that it would be fine, but how could she know that really. As soon as Jeanie gets another master her future will disappear from Alice's view.

"Emmett, it'll be ok. Otherwise we'll just have to find her." (Rose)

"Sounds easy, but I'm pretty sure the group of shapeshifters she just left to help were the wolves. The name of the town she wrote down was Forks." (Em)

"Well damn." (Jas)

I barely felt myself nod in agreement, knowing full well that if she didn't return in a few days or they harmed her before she returned to me, I would forgo the treaty completely. I wouldn't rest until each and every one of those puppies were nothing but felts to line the walls of my room if they harmed her. I felt a wave of calm wash over me, but the worry for Jeanie still lingered as did the pain from her absence. I wanted her back, and I wanted her back now.