Chapter 51

Emmett's POV:

"Anything Alice?" (Em)

"Emmett, I swear on my new stilettos that Jeanie is getting me for Christmas if you ask me that one more time I will paint your entire room pink and destroy your game system next time you leave to hunt." (Al)

I couldn't help the slight flinch knowing that she meant what she said, but I simply couldn't help it. It had been two days and there was no word from Jeanie. I know she said it could take a few days to help them with whatever problem they were having, but this was testing me in every way possible.

I had already thought of running down to Forks to find her several times but had been stopped by Edward and Alice each time. I looked at the piece of paper with the number for Gio one more time before I decided that by tonight I was calling him and he would go there to see if she was alright, or else we were getting a lot of handsome throw rugs made of wolf pelts by the weekend.

Jeanie's POV:

Emily was such a master that she reminded me of Cleopatra in many ways. She was not such a phenomenal beauty that men would fall at her feet, neither was Cleo though honestly, but her attitude and personality would make just about anyone love her.

I had told her the truth about Emmett and his family, and though she seemed uncertain at first she eventually told me that I clearly loved him and she would not speak against him or his family. She admitted to already knowing who they were, them having lived in Forks only last year, and having made a treaty with the pack from centuries ago.

The fact that she was willing to lie to her own imprint should he ask about my mate didn't surprise because such was her kind nature. What did surprise me a bit though was how Emmett and his family knew the wolves existed and not other supernatural beings. How are some species taught everything about one another while others don't even know the others exist? It's very odd.

I had wondered about Emmett's past a bit after she told me their history in Forks, but I did not have much time to think over it as I took a final breath in preparation for tonight. It had been decided I would appear in the middle of their 'camp' so to speak, and distract them as best as I could while the wolves surrounded them.

Emily had wished for safety for everyone but there was only so much my magic could do in that regard. I glanced at Emily sitting next to me, wishing me a 'good luck' and 'be safe' before I disappeared from her house.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the middle of a dark meadow, something that I have no doubt was beautiful in the day but now had an ominous feel to it. I felt their presence before I saw them, but the first thing I did see approaching me slowly were three pairs of red eyes.

"Hmm well this looks odd doesn't it. A poor lost girl in the woods." (James)

"Do you need help sweetie?" (Victoria)

I instantly caught on to the act they were performing, a nice couple of friends willing to help out a lost girl in the woods. However, it seemed that only two of them were wanting to perform this act as the third vampire seemed bored as he leaned against the tree.

"Shall we not do this every time?" (Laurent)

"Hello, are you meant to be frightening me? You are doing a horrible job of it you know, but don't feel too bad. My mate is a vegetarian vampire, only difference is he is much more built than any of you." (J)

"A human with a vampire mate, now that is hilarious." (James)

"Who said I was human?" (J)

"Vegetarian you say? Hmm I would like to know more." (Laurent)

"That may be arranged, I could send you to his coven to learn more, though they prefer the term family." (J)

"James, I've had enough of this foolish chatter from a clearly disturbed human." (Victoria)

"Hmm I feel the same, dear why don't you go first?" (James)

I couldn't help the smirk as the red-haired vampire girl lunged at me full speed. I knew that she couldn't lay a hand on me no matter how hard she tried, so I didn't move away. I heard her angry snarl as she simply passed through me, followed quickly by James trying to wrap his hands around me.

"What trickery is this!?!" (James)

I could sense the wolves around us, knowing that they were about to spring so I ignored the blond male and turned instead the to black vampire with dreadlocks, watching the entire thing with a look of amusement in his red eyes.

"Do you want to learn more from my mate's coven? If so you must trust me, and tell Emmett Jeanie will be home soon." (J)

"I think I would like that, if nothing else I wish to be done with the games these two play and search for my mate." (Laurent)

I smiled at him feeling how heartfelt his wish was knowing I was risking possible punishment from the bottle at granting it, but I didn't let that stop me. I snapped my fingers, a laugh escaping me as he disappeared and the other two vampires nearly screamed out in anger. I had sent him directly to Emmett's house, and I can only imagine their surprise at that......I do hope they don't kill him. He seemed an ok vampire honestly.

"Laurent you coward get back here!" (Victoria)

"He is long gone now." (J)

I heard a trig snap at the same time they did and watched as the wolves suddenly sprang into action, not bothering to watch the actual destruction of the two vampires. The less I saw, the less trouble I could be in from my own council at my involvement, though my master did wish for it. So technically speaking I should be in the clear.

I waited a few moments until I felt the heat of a fire and I turned back around to see the wolves tossing in the pieces with Sam and his Beta Jared making sure the fire stayed lit. I nodded at them before returning to Emily's house, appearing in the living room and swaying some on my feet before being caught by....Gio?

"With a mate like yours, do you even have to think why I'm here?" (Gio)

I felt myself sigh some as I realized Emmett called him sooner than I honestly expected him to. I nodded no to his question before laughing a bit pulling away and seeing Emily stare at me in concern with how it went, but before I could answer her the pack busted through the doors of her and Sam's house.