Chapter 56

Jeanie's POV:

I woke up expecting Emmett to still be by my side but was surprised to see that he was gone. I stretched on his bed a bit before changing my clothes with a snap of my fingers into a pair of my own, climbing off the bed as I do. I look towards the Tv and see the game he had mentioned watching tonight was almost over, and I wondered where he could of gone to.

I listened and heard voices murmuring downstairs, before I disappeared from his room to reappear in the middle of the living room. I noticed Esme, Edward and Rose, as well as the five newcomers that I knew were their 'cousins' the Denalis from Alaska.

But that wasn't what held my attention, no my attention was being held by Emmett who had his arm around one of the new vampire's shoulders. Not only did he have his arm around her, but she was just giving him a kiss on the cheek when I appeared in the room.

The vampire was beautiful with straight blond hair and a warrior's look about her, and I could even see us becoming great friends had it not been that she was kissing my mate only seconds ago. The kiss I had witnessed and my mate's arm around her shoulders, with their identical smiles on their faces, made my own blood start to boil.

I maintained a neutral look on my face rather than the heartbreak and rage that was starting to grow within me as I stared at him. I heard the others return home from their hunting trip, and I spared them a short glance before I looked to Emmett again.

I heard Jasper let out a low whistle as he sensed my anger which was nearing fury very quickly towards the blond vampire now, whose hand I could now see was resting on Emmett's leg. Carlisle had stepped forward towards us before Jasper and Alice both stopped him, with Laurent taking an empty seat next to one of the newcomers.

"Emmett.....you are in deep shit." (Jas)

"What do you......oh babe, it's not what it looks like!" (Em)

I watched as he took his arm from around her shoulders and made his way towards me but I snapped my fingers before he could reach me. He froze in place, looking at his feet and then his unmoving arms before he looked at me again. I snapped my fingers again and watched him disappear before hearing him slam into a tree outside.

I knew that he wouldn't be hurt, and that only seemed to piss me off more. I felt someone touch my shoulder and turned to see Rose standing next to me, fighting a slight smile and about to say something until I heard him rush back into the living room. There was a few pieces of bark clinging to his clothes but as he opened his mouth to try and speak I only snapped my fingers again.

I smirked a bit hearing him hit another tree outside before I heard Rose let out a soft giggle. I disappeared outside and heard the others follow at what they must have seen as a safe distance a few feet behind me. I stood on the front porch and continued to snap my fingers, sending him flying into tree after tree after tree.

"Jeanie-" (Em)

Tree.

"Let me-" (Em)

Tree.

"Explain!" (Em)

Tree.

"Shit, Jeanie please!" (Em)

I snapped my fingers and knew that he was now free-falling about 14000 feet above us when I heard Esme whisper to Carlisle about the trees she planted being damaged. I glanced back at her with a soft smile and an apology before I snapped my fingers to repair the damage to the trees.

I knew they heard his yells before I could, but as I heard them I looked up as they copied me. I heard Esme gasp just as the one that had kissed him let out a deep laugh. I turned to stare at her a bit and watched as the others moved away from her, before I turned my attention back to Emmett.

I slowed him down enough not to do him permanent damage when he hit the ground but otherwise I just waited. He finally plowed into the ground, sounding like a boulder hitting a mountain when he did. I leaned against the railing of the porch as he laid there facing the sky.

I felt my anger start to dim as the amount of magic I had used in the last five minutes hit me full force. I felt more drained now than I had after my weekend with the wolves, but I'll be damned if I let it show through just yet.

"Emmett, before I regain some of my energy and my anger now would be a good time for that explanation." (J)

"That would be my fault there Jeanie. I'm Kate Denali, Emmett's cousin. We had been joking with him about your wedding to each other and I told him I wanted to be in the bridal party and he agreed. That's why I kissed him." (K)

I had listened to her explanation and sensed that she wasn't a threat to me, towards my relationship with Emmett anyway. I wasn't sure how I knew so quickly, I simply did. I nodded towards her before I turned back to face Emmett who was now standing at the foot of the stairs of the front porch, brushing dirt and bark off himself as best he could.

"Very well, and your arm was around her why?" (J)

"Jeanie, I swear it's just out of habit. I don't see her as anything more than a cousin I swear." (Em)

"Swears don't do much for me Emmett." (J)

"Alright fine then. I wish you could see the relationship between me and Kate for yourself." (Em)

I felt a bit annoyed that he did that while everyone was out here with us, but grateful at the same time as I wanted the absolute truth. I nodded my head as I granted his wish and instantly saw a relationship resembling brother and sister, and at the least cousins. I felt a bit guilty at my reaction when I saw that, but then I reminded myself that had it been Emmett, I'm pretty sure the other guy would be dead.

"So.....who do I apologize to first?" (J)

"Apologize? For kicking his ass like that? Ha, Jeanie he needs to have his ass kicked like that from time to time just so he remembers he isn't always the strongest." (K)

I laughed a bit with her before I turned my attention to the other Denalis who werw still watching silently. I was properly introduced to Eleazer and his mate Carmen, then Irina who seemed to be getting along with Laurent very well already, Tanya, and finally Kate.

Something about her kept grabbing my attention and I couldn't place my finger on why, and I didn't quite trust her because of it. I was going to shake her hand as I had with everyone else, but she went for the hug instead and then it all made perfect sense.