Chapter 34

(Second Week in December, last day of school before the holidays start)

Jeanie's POV:

I was presenting the English presentation with Jasper today in fourth period, and I had dressed as professionally as I thought necessary considering this was just high school. The first presentation that we had done together hadn't required us to dress up but this one had.

So, I had kept it business casual and Jasper had done the same. We had worked on it most of the weekend and we had even practiced a bit in between classes. I was just now walking out of third period history, to use the fifteen minute break to meet with him to practice again, when Emmett intercepted my path.

"Emmett, you're going to make me late to a practice session with Jasper." (J)

"He'll understand if you're a second or two late, besides just came to wish you goodluck." (Em)

He bent down as he pulled me into his chest, and I smiled up at him as his amber colored eyes twinkled in what I was sure was mischief. I felt his cold smooth lips met my own and I swear I melted inside just as I did with almost every kiss. I felt my arms wrapping around his neck as he deepened our kiss for a moment before he gently pulled away. I opened my eyes as I saw his smile and dimples appear on his face.

"Remind me to need good luck more often." (J)

"Oh I can if you want to Jeanie." (Em)

"I have to go meet Jasper now to practice. Lunch in the library or cafeteria with the family?" (J)

"You decide after the presentation babe. See you at lunch." (Em)

He gave me another quick kiss before he disappeared down the hall. I felt my heart flutter as he turned back and winked at me, before I forced myself to walk towards the English classroom. I know that he and his family are not humans, but I can't help the feelings I have for that being. In my 2000 years I have never felt so alive and excited to be so as I have when I'm with him.

I wasn't paying attention much to my surroundings other than the direction I was headed, until I bumped into someone. I looked up already apologizing until I saw I had bumped into Madison and her boyfriend of the month Martin. I felt a deep sigh leave my mouth as I stared at them both, preparing myself for the worst. Madison had laid off for a while after the Halloween incident but it seemed the curse was starting back up again these past few days.

I saw the English room just a few feet away but I knew better than to get Jasper involved in this, when I wasn't even sure what type of being they were yet. Not to mention it was hard enough making Jasper keep quiet about what he saw and heard them do to me during the classes we shared together. Emmett may love it when I belly dance, but even I knew that he would hit a breaking point if he had Jasper telling him everything that happened.

"Aw you actually look kind of nice today Jeanie. That's too bad really. Martin?" (Madi)

I watched as he smirked before he suddenly tossed a glass of what appeared to be chocolate milk onto my light gold blouse. I found myself frozen as they both laughed before walking away. I was two seconds from snapping my fingers and fixing my blouse so I could just go practice with Jasper, but I realized I couldn't as the cameras in the hallway would see.

"Jeanie? What the hell happened to your shirt?" (Alice)

I turned towards the voice that I instantly knew as Alice and saw Jasper walking with her, an eyebrow raised as he saw the damage done to my outfit. I took a deep breath before I started to explain what happened. Alice was basically under the same oath as Jasper when it came to telling Emmett what went on during classes he wasn't in with me, and I knew if I didn't tell her she would figure it out eventually.

"Madison and Martin happened." (J)

"That bitch! That was such a cute outfit!" (Alice)

"Well that explains why you were running late I guess." (Jas)

"Do you have a spare?" (Alice)

"Sadly Alice I do not. And I don't have time to run home to get another one either." (J)

I watched as a smile spread across her face before she told me to stay right where I was, before she turned and practically skipped down the hallway. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as she left before looking back to Jasper who looked just as confused as I did.

"I know you love her, and I'm starting to love her too but sometimes Alice is crazy. You know that, right?" (J)

"Oh Jeanie, you have no idea." (Jas)

We both shared a short chuckle before we heard her coming back down the hall with a blue shirt in her hands. She gently takes my hand and pulls me into the bathroom just down the hall and locks the door after making sure we're alone.

"Put this on and get ready to ace that presentation." (Alice)

"How did you....where did you......what?" (J)

"Let's just say I am always prepared for fashion emergencies and I've noticed that you like blue and gold. It was either this top or a green one and I knew you liked blue." (Alice)

"Oh my goodness......Alice I take back what I told Jasper. I love you so much right now and you are a genius." (J)

I watched as she smirked for a moment and shrugged before saying that she knew that already. I laughed with her for a moment before I took the shirt from her. It was exactly my style, even if it was a little low cut but I could live with that. It beats the milk-soaked shirt for sure.