Chapter 21

Jeanie's POV:
(Bit of a time Skip here)

I don't know how or why but Emmett and I never had gone on that first date. We haven't even kissed yet either. It was already October and we had yet to go on a real date. Sure, we hung out at my house a lot, and sometimes he was drug along on shopping trips with me and Alice, along with Jasper. But otherwise we had yet to go on that date.

Something always seemed to come up and prevent us from going. Another hiking weekend for him, a visit from Uncle G for me. A visit in which I avoided the topic of Emmett and his family altogether, as Uncle seemed in a rather foul mood thanks to Gio's behavior with me only a few weeks earlier. I wasn't in any mood for him to direct that mood towards me should he have found out about me falling for a supernatural creature other than a genie. Or worse anotehr human.

There was just always something that managed to prevent me and Emmett from going on that first date and it was frustrating. The abuse that I had been having to hide from Emmett was getting tiresome and frustrating as well.  Alice and Jasper try to stay with me as much as possible in between classes, but they can't always be by my side and when they aren't the curse takes effect.

I had been forced to heal bruises on my neck and face with my own magic, so Emmett or adults wouldn't see them. This in turn tired me out and made me need to sleep after school every day, when in reality I just wanted to be with Emmett. I felt caught in an almost endless cycle of exhaustion mixed with the happiness that he gave me.

I let another sigh escape my lips as I waited for Emmett to come over. It was Wednesday and we were still doing math lessons together. Though at this point I feel like he's definitely faking it to just come over, but I won't complain. I can't imagine him not coming over anymore. I smile as I hear his hummer come down the street and stop just in front of my house.

One day, if I ever managed to get the courage up to tell him what I am, I would have to remember to thank him for the wish he made a few weeks ago. It was because of him that I hadn't gotten cold in quite a while, and because of him I was able to wear what I was wearing now. It wasn't anything too provocative, but I was no fool. I know he checks out my ass when I'm in leggings, so maybe that will help get stings started after the math lesson. Today will be the day I get a first kiss, whether we've been on that damn first date or not.

Alice's POV:

"Think he'll finally kiss her tonight?" (Jas)

"I don't know anymore. They were meant to kiss weeks ago, but this damn first date keeps falling through." (Alice)

"Maybe we should take this as a sign that they aren't meant to be." (Rose)

"Now Rosalee, we should be happy for Emmett that he finally found his mate. It isn't right for us to want them to fall apart as happy as he is." (Esme)

I saw Rose's face fall a bit before she slowly nodded. I sighed some as I realized that Jeanie hadn't made as much progress with Rose as I thought she would after giving her the shoes. Though it isn't really her fault. She doesn't have any classes with Rose, and she rarely sits with us in the cafeteria because of the bullies. She normally stays in the library and Emmett normally stays with her.

I feel a vision starting and soon I see a somewhat hazy picture of Jeanie and Emmett making out on her couch. I smile as I come out of it before I see Edward zoom downstairs with a smug looking grin on his face as he stands in front of Jasper.

"I believe, Jasper, that Alice's vision means you owe me 100$." (Ed)

"What? Oh come on Alice, making out instead of a kiss on the cheek? Really??" (Jas)

"It's what I saw, we can always wait for Emmett and ask him when he comes home but otherwise Edward wins." (Alice)

I smile at my love as he takes his wallet out and hand Edward the money. It isn't about the money at all though as we have enough to burn and then some. It's more about the fact that Edward guessed right and Jasper didn't. Edward nods and smile before laughing and disappearing upstairs. I lean into Jasper who's still muttering about being wrong, and I can't help but laugh as I stare at him. Wondering how I can be so incredibly happy right now.