Chapter 31

Emmett's POV:

"You're sure you aren't exaggerating Jasper?" (Em)

"Oh yes, because I'm known for that. You idiot, if I tell you that her feelings of love for you are almost as strong as the ones that radiate off you for her then they are." (Jas)

"Are you getting anything of uneasiness from her though Jasper? Sometimes it seems her thoughts are full of nothing but worry." (Ed)

"Yeah, now that you mention it. Sometimes mixed in with the love for Emmett there seems to be an uneasiness coming off her or in the least a sense of worry." (Jas)

"Maybe she's worried you don't feel as strongly for her as she does for you." (Esme)

"Well if that's the case I have some work to do over the winter break I suppose." (Em)

I saw Alice smile before she seemed to zone out and smirk a bit before she thanked me for her Christmas gift. I rolled my eyes knowing that I hadn't even bought it yet, nor did I have any idea what to get her. But knowing her if I don't look like I'm getting it anymore, she'll just tell me what it was.

I think back to what Jasper said about Jeanie's emotions when she was around me. She seems to love me just as much as I love her, but I wonder if those emotions would stay the same once she finds out what we are. This time I'm pretty sure it's me radiating worry as I begin to pace in my room, thinking about telling Jeanie what we are and what she is to me.

Jeanie's POV:

I made sure my house was secure from anyone and anything getting in while I was gone, as well as sending my bottle to my Uncle's safe before I left here. I had already texted Emmett that I was gone and told him that if he didn't hear from it was due to bad reception at my Uncle's house. That of course wasn't a total lie as he lived in the genie realm rather than on earth still.

Couldn't blame him though, he was past the age of receiving any new 'nieces' or 'nephews' and the genie realm was a nice place to stay. Well, if you were free from your bottle of course. Otherwise you could only visit for a few days before having to return to Earth. Stupid genie laws.

I looked at my suitcase and sent it ahead to Uncle's house before I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I knew that this journey could very well wear me out but it was a necessary cost at this point. I opened my eyes after feeling myself travel through the realms and found myself in the living room of my Aunt and Uncle's house.

Gio was seated only a few feet away from me, next to our cousins Gregory and Gisella. I heard Gracie's voice in the kitchen with Auny Jinny and our youngest cousin Jeffrey. I also heard Uncle G yelling outside, which meant that the true trouble maker of the family cousin Jeremy was here.

Before I had time to shake my head at whatever Jeremy had gotten into trouble with Uncle, I was grabbed into hugs by everyone and passed around. I smiled at them all as I returned the hugs happy to see them all again after such a long time. I congratulated both Gregory and Gisella on finding the one in each other to wish them free this past year. It just happened to be one another the last time they met and hung out, and they were a perfect match.

Other supernatural creatures often thought it disturbing that 'cousins' would be essentially mates with one another. But, we aren't related in any way and genie's don't reproduce anyway, in fact we can't.

I was soon grabbed into a tight hug, so tight I could barely breath and I knew instantly it was Aunt Jinny. I heard her asking me if I liked where I had moved and if I was staying warm enough, and if I was hungry all within a minute. She was a true mother figure if ever one existed among genies. I couldn't help the laugh as she finally let go and looked me over before smiling.

"You look very happy Jeanie. I don't suppose there is a reason behind it?" (Jin)

"Later Aunt, later. I promise. Now where is........Gracie what-" (J)

"I know what you're about to say Jeanie, and no I don't need anyone to free me. I've already told everyone I would explain why when you got here so I'd only have to tell it once. So....UNCLE G, JEREMY GET IN HERE!" (Gracie)

I sat down next to Gio, who wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we sat waiting for Uncle G and Jeremy to come in. I can't help but shake my head as Jeremy comes in with a smirk on his face as Uncle G looks ready to kill him.....or at least try. When will those two ever learn to just avoid each other. I look back at Gracie to see her standing in front of us.

I was happy to see her and we had been closest in age growing up, with her only a decade older than me. Now though, I see her standing in traditional genie clothes with her shackles around her wrists and ankles. That only means one thing, that she has a new master as she hasn't been freed either.

"Well Gracie.....the floor is yours dear." (Jin)

"Thank you Aunt Jinny. Well, the reason I don't want to be freed is because my master is a little thirteen-year -old girl living on the streets in New York. She has no one but me to look after her and I....I can't just leave her alone by having one of you free me." (Gracie)

"What of her personality then Gracie?" (Grisella)

"Oh she is so kind and thoughtful and barely wishes for anything but company and occasionally food. She said she would wish for a place for us to live but not until after thanksgiving, even told me that I should come here for thanksgiving but......I won't be staying past today. Please understand why I must go, and why I do not need saving from this master." (Gracie)

I smiled a small smile as I saw a few tears run down her face, and I knew that we would all honor her desire. It was rare to want to stay with a master, but when it happened we attempted to do everything we could so the genie could stay with their master. After all, trying to avoid having a master completely as I often do gets very exhausting very quickly.

I was the first to stand up and I saw a flash of worry pass through Gracie's eyes. It's no secret that I've been the most anti-master and anti-bottle these past 1000 years or so, but not in this instance. I smile as I walk towards her and pull her in for a hug.

"She must be remarkable to keep your interest as bored as you often get. I approve and you won't have me try to interfere. I am happy you found someone so amazing to serve." (J)

She hugged me back tightly before pulling away from me, wiping a few tears as she did. It wasn't long until everyone hugged her and told her more or less the same thing. She was smiling normally within a few minutes before looking at the clock and telling us she had to get back to make sure her master was ok. She bowed towards us before she left and I smiled as I watched her go.

"Well, if that new master doesn't end up being her person, then I'm a hobgoblin just like Jeanie's new beau." (Gio)

I felt my face turn bright red as Gio sat back down on the sofa with a smile on his face, before he took a long sip of his beer. Aunt Jinny immediately started asking me questions, while Uncle G looked like he was trying to catch his breath so he could let out a yell. I pinched my nose before I looked back at Gio who was still smiling, only this time Jeremy was sitting next to him smiling too.

"I hate you Gio, I really do." (J)