Chapter 5

Emmett's POV:

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I saw it was Ms. Eden, or as Alice had informed me only seconds ago Jeanie. Her voice is just as beautiful when she's nervous as it is when she's angry. I watch her blush some as she realizes how close we are to each other, but it's then I notice that unlike other humans I don't smell her blood. It's almost like she has no scent, she just smells like a gust of fresh wind. Weird.

"I thought I was in trouble with a teacher for a moment." (Em)

"I'm sorry, we haven't been introduced yet and I felt it would be weirder for me to yell your name. I'm Jeanie Eden." (J)

"Emmett McCarty. It's nice to meet you. Sorry about earlier today, I didn't knock you down on purpose I swear." (Em)

"No, I realized that after Mr. Evans pointed you as new as well. I actually wanted to apologize for that, I was having a rough first day and I thought you had done it on purpose and that was the straw that broke the camel's back you could say." (J)

"I figured, Alice mentioned that you were having a bit of trouble earlier this morning. If there's anything I can do, let me know. I'm sure the rest of my family would say the same thing. Newbies have to stick together you know." (Em)

"Thank you for the offer, but I'm sure I'll manage. Well I'll let you get going, I think your family is ready to leave." (J)

"Huh, oh yeah suppose so." (Em)

I watched as she nodded and smiled before turning to walk away. I couldn't bare the thought of her and I not speaking again until tomorrow in art so I glanced at my siblings, and then back to her as she walked away.

"Hey Jeanie!" (Em)

"Yes Emmett?" (J)

I watched as she turned back to face me with an eyebrow raised, and I realized that if I could I would be blushing right now. I heard Jasper and Edward both snicker in the car and then heard Alice hush them before I refocused on Jeanie who looked amused as I stared at her.

"I heard you're in calculus already and.....well Alice and Jasper aren't very good teachers. Any way you might be able to help me out with some pre-cal work?" (Em)

"I'm not the best teacher either but I guess I wouldn't mind." (J)

"The weekend work better or?" (Em)

"Whenever really....no parents means no curfew. Do you want to exchange numbers?" (J)

"Uh...yeah! I mean yeah sure that sounds good." (Em)

She smiled as she took my phone that I offered her as I took hers and we plugged each other's information in. I smiled as she handed hers back and saw that she put her name in as Jeanie 😉, and I watched as she laughed at mine which read 'That hottie Emmett.'

"I can see you're very modest, well now I must insist you join your family or I think your sister may kill me." (J)

I glanced behind me to see that Rose was indeed glaring daggers at us both, but I could only let out a laugh as I waved goodbye to Jeanie. I wished it was a goodbye with a kiss or even a hug but I suppose that can wait.

Edward laughed a bit as I started humming some country song with lyrics that talked about falling in love as she walked away. Guess it's too late for that. At least I fell in love with an angel, and to have an angel for all eternity would make hell much more bearable.