Chapter 57

Jeanie's POV:

When she hugged me it was like I had been struck by lightning, and I somehow knew that she was the person able to free me from my curse. I sensed what relationship she would serve to me and sensed it was one of a sister, just as she was to Emmett. It was why it hadn't been as obvious to me that she was my person as it had been for Gio, for every genie's person is different.

My breath caught in my throat for a moment as a few tears threatened to leave my eyes. I looked at Emmett who was now standing next to me as I pulled away from her hug, a cautious look on his face as looked at me, not knowing if he was still in trouble or not.

"Emmett, meet me at my house as soon as you can please. I have to talk to you in private." (J)

"You ok Jeanie?" (Em)

I don't answer him as I snap my fingers, disappearing from their front porch and appearing in my own bedroom instead. It had been a few days since I had even come here, and I checked my security measures first. I was relieved when I saw that no one had come in or even near my house.

I heard Emmett climbing up the side of the house and then sliding open the door before he sat next to me on the bed. I looked up to meet his eyes, full of concern, and I knew that I was nervous. A genie's person will always wish them free but not always immediately and though I knew what my intended relationship with Kate was I didn't know what type of person she is.

"Jeanie what's wrong?" (Em)

I let out a sigh as he sat next to me on the bed, slowly as if he was still worried I was angry at him. I wasn't anymore, right now I was too concerned about finding my person. The one person I've been hoping and waiting to meet for the last 2000 years, other than my true lover.

"First, let me apologize for not letting you explain before I.....sent you outside." (J)

"Babe that doesn't need an apology. I think we both know if the roles were reversed, the guy that kissed you would be dead by now." (Em)

He let out a deep chuckle as I agreed with him before my mind went back to being permanently freed from my bottle. I must have gone silent for a while because he was soon asking if I was alright, and I had to shake my head clear for a moment.

"Are you sure you're alright Jeanie?" (Em)

"I.......I don't know yet. How well do you know Kate?" (J)

"Pretty well I guess, I mean since I was created. She's nice, a good friend and everything, but babe she has nothing on you I swear." (Em)

"Would you say she's a good person? That she doesn't like hurting anyone?" (J)

"Yeah of course, Jeanie are you afraid of her trying to steal your bottle? Cause I promise you she would never do such a thing. She is so happy that I've finally found my mate, I'm pretty sure that if anyone ever tried to steal your bottle again she would murder them herself." (Em)

I nodded as I listened to the sincerity of his words, but the fear of being trapped in that damn bottle still controlled my thoughts. I felt him start to rub my back as I pulled my knees up to my chest and close my eyes before looking back to see him staring at me with even more concern than before.

"Jeanie what's wrong? Please tell me and I'll do everything I can to try and fix it." (Em)

"I found my person today." (J)

"What does that mean?" (Em)

"I once told you abut breaking a genie's curse. For each genie there is only being alive at a time that can do that for a particular genie. I met the one and only person that could free me forever from the bottle. I found them today." (J)

"That's....that's amazing right?" (Em)

"Yes, it is." (J)

"Then why do you seemed so frightened Jeanie?" (Em)

"I......a genie's person may not free them immediately. Some genies aren't freed by their person for years if they aren't lovers. I know a genie that served their person until that person was on their death bed, then they were wished free. I.......I hate the idea of being trapped in the bottle or by the bottle's curse until my person wishes me free." (J)

"Jeanie, I would never let that happen. Who is your person, I know it must be one of the Denalis, but which one?" (Em)

"It's Kate Denali." (J)