Chapter 2: Meryl

Paton's POV

I woke up very early today so I decided to go for a jog. Is it weird to see a guy jogging at 5:30? Maybe. I jogged for a mile and stop near a forest. I spotted Meryl, who is a junior at this school. She is very cute and give me an urge to hug her tight in my chest. She had blackish brown hair being tied up in a messy bun artistically and brown eyes, a petite body. 

She's sitting there, looking at the leaves. She looks sad... not what I want to see! I jogged over to. "Hey!" I said. She looked up. "Uhh... hey..." she said with a smile. "You... ok?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Oh yeah! I'm fine, why?" She lied. I could see through her lies and already knew that she was lying. "You sure? You don't look very good..." I tried to convinced her, she could really tell me anything but again, I'm a total stranger, why would she do that. She said nothing. I sat down beside her. "So, why're you up this early in the morning? Plotting a run-a-way scheme?" I said trying to cheer her up. She chuckled shortly but quickly had the sad look returned. "Autumn has really came huh? I see you're looking at the leaves, they're beautiful. Hey I saw you in my art class! Your paintings are fantastic! Maybe you could draw this scene!" I said with an attempt to change her topic in her mind. She looked up and thought about something. "Yeah, maybe". 

I looked at my watch and realised it's six o'clock. "We better head back, it's six already" "Yeah..." she replied. "By the way, it's very nice meeting you" I said putting out a hand. "Me too" she shook and smiled. I ran back home and continued my morning routine. 

"Hey" my sister welcomed. "Where have you been?" "Eh, you know, go for a jog" I said as I dug into my food. As always, I finished before others so I ran to my room to take a shower. Hmmm... Meryl aye? She looked really cute, but what made her so upset? I thought while mindlessly picking up my messenger bag and continued to get to school.

Meryl's POV

Who was him? Why was he being nice to me? And why was he here? Honestly, it felt good that there's actually somebody cares for me beside me best friends, Christina. Everybody else just shove me aside, even my own family. I walked back to my house and sneaked as quiet as a mouse. I'm boned if anybody finds out. 

My parents force me to study medics but I'm only interest in art and fashion. I do have a fair knowledge about healthcare and medics but it's sooo boring to me. It has no colour to it, just the red of the flesh and blood. Because of that, my parents have thrown away lots of my paintings that I intended to send to competitions. 

I made myself a bowl of cereal, got dress and go to school. My mind keeps thinking about the guy earlier. His brown eyes, brunette hair, and his muscular body. I don't think he studies at my school cause if he has, he would have been on the badass list among with other bimbos and man-whores. The girls would flock to him as if he was a walking tree. But nevertheless, he's cute... 

I walked into the school corridor and to my locker. A group of divas gathered around my locker. I bargained: "Uhhh... excuse me, this is my locker, not a meet up point, mind if you guys move? Thank you very much" they turned to me with disgust: "Oh look, the school finally let animals in, what are you doing here pig? It's not a farm" "No it is not, it's a school, and you're blocking my lockers, now please move aside" Their leader finally opened: "Girls, get her" the next thing I know is that a group of bitches kicking me. 

"HEY" a familiar voice rang. They all snapped their head to look around. "Leave her alone!" "And why is that Prince Charming?" They barked. "You have your whole life of being a jerk, why not take today off?" He responded. She glared at him but before she could even, he gave her a death glare, which was very intensely effective. She shut her mouth and walked away with her bitches. "You okay?" "Yeah..." "Come on, take your stuff, I'll walk you to class" I blushed slightly. 

I took my things and headed to class with him by my side, looking like a queen with her guards aside. That made me chuckle. "Oh by the way, I didn't quite catch you name?" "Oh it's Paton, you're Meryl?" "Yeah..." i said with embarrassment since he knew mine but didn't know his. Ohy Meryl you're so careless. I walked in class and soon enough,  the lesson kicked in. 

After a decade, it's finally time for lunch. I looked around and quickly ran to cafeteria. Once I'm there, there's nothing that could stop me. Except for a banana peel... I slipped and fell pathetically which brought everybody to laughter. I swore I looked like a moving telephone box right then. 

Christina came to me and help me up with an understanding smile. She turned around and shot everybody a glare, which killed their laughter. I was glad to have friends like this. I went to my table and spotted that everybody was talking. I sat down and quietly ate lunch. At least I don't have to cope the drama queens... I felt like somebody was watching so I instantly turned around, only to spot Paton's eyes were on me. But there's something unusually, his eyes showed a purple ish colour and they were very... paranormally looking. Regardless of that, I soon found my eyes locked with his. Till Christina waved my hands in front of me and and shouted in my ears "Earth to Meryl please?" "Meryl listening?" I replied. 

"Hey you wanna go to the up-coming party?" "Oh the one with colourful lights, bright disco ball, loud music, high-class alcoholic drink and hot boys? No" She gave me a poker face and begged "Pleaseeeeee", only to be interrupted by others: "Yeah, Meryl, you should totally come,it could be fun!" "No" "There's a bunch of things we could do!" "Eh..." "We could hang out and eager to know each other more!" They keep added "Uhh..." I considered until they said "There'll be food" "Fine!" I said with desperation. I mentally sighed

Dylan's POV

I sat at Paton's table. His friends seem friendly and cool. Karla kept talking about gaming and things that the typical girl wouldn't talk. She and Zac seemed to be getting along quite well. Paton sat in silence and once in a while, I spotted him looking at me. This is like the twentieth time. "Dude why do you keep looking at me?" I asked in embarrassment and my cheeks lit up. "I-It'ss.. be-because uhmmm..." he also felt embarrassed. He looked so cute when he blushed! Wait, what?! "Paton! Are you done with the history project?" Elliot asked. "Oh yeah I've done the one between 1945 - 1954 you gotta do the period before that" "Yeah sure". So they have history classes together say?

Not long later, the bell rang, signalling us to go back to study. Paton walked beside me to his locker and saw something, quite eye catching to me. A flag with three colours: pink, purple and blue respectively lining horizontally. "Paton, what's that?" I asked with curiosity. "Uhmm..." he blushed a bit. He's SOO cute when he blushes! "It's a... bisexual flag..." "So are you...?" I asked "Yeah... I'm bi" "Okayyy... cool" I shrugged it off. I'm not my parents.

We walked to our classes and continued our days. Oddly, my mind keeps thinking about Paton. He's adorable I have to admit. After school cam to an end, as usual, Chris and I waited for our parent to pick us up. They're always late. Chris ran around in a circle trying to look at his butt. It was quite hilarious actually.

A car honked at us and looking up, it's Dad. "Chris come on!" "Hold on, I'm almost... there... I can...touch... it" "You can't, now lets go!" I groaned. He's acting like a two years old puppy but I found it entertaining actually