Chapter 12: Leaving

Play the song to add special effects! (Ben Howards - Promises)

Dylan's POV

It was around one in the morning and a man came burst through the door of my room. I got scared to death. "Jesus Christ who are you?" I shouted in surprised. "Dyla..." a male voice said. "Dad? Are you drunk?" I questioned. "You better get out of my house you piece of sh*t! I don't wanna see you in my house! I've never and will never give birth to a gay son like you!" He exclaimed, pushing all of the book off the shelf. "Dad?" "Don't even call me that! I'm not even your dad!" He said grabbing my neck and almost choke me to death. "I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU HERE ANOTHER NIGHT, YOU MUST MOVE OUT TOMORROW, AM I CLEAR?" He asked angrily drunk. I barely nodded because I couldn't even speak. He let go of me. I collapsed and gasped for breath. He then turned his head back "Oh, and if anyone know about this, you'll have to pay for it" he said. He walked from side to side, obviously drunk. I couldn't believe it. My dad, the very own person who has raised me up since I'm young, was going to kick me out of the house, just because I was being total honest of him and tell him the true me. I... I was speechless... I crawled into a ball and hugged my knees.

The sky was raining outside, a bit harshly, would just add in my sadness. Then suddenly, I heard footsteps closened and felt somebody hugged me around my neck. I looked up and saw mother. I just put my heads down on my arms and kept sobbing. "Dylan my dear..." she said calmly. "Mother..." I said "Why can't I just be myself..." I said out of my tears. "Dear..." she could only said. She hugged me tightly. "Why does father always make it worse... I used to be punished because of being left-handed and forced to switch hand, I used to love arts and theatre, and he took it all away, I had often thought about having a tattoo and he destroyed my dreams too... why couldn't I be like every normal teenager..." I kept sobbing. "I'm sorry. I know this is partially my fault... I didn't take anything to stop this from happening, I did nothing, I was too dependant on my husband that made me blind... I'm sorry, for everything, for you, for earlier..." she apologised. I could feel her crying so I hugged her tightly.

"It's okay... I forgive you" I said trying to calm myself and herself. It was true, my father took everything that I was and I liked away from me, even my friends. And still, I loved him, being too blind of myself. Then I grew angry. "No mum! This is for the best" I said sternly. This is, i had enough of my abusive, superstition father. If he couldn't accept me then neither could I accept him!

"If Dad doesn't accept me and give me the happiness and freedom I deserves, then I will do what he want!" I said strongly. "No... you don't, please. You're my son, I couldn't live knowing that my son is wandering somewhere on the street. You're not safe out there..." "But at least I'll be happy" "No, stay with me, I'll talk to Dad, please Dylan" "Sorry mum, not this time" I said. She thought for a while and pulled me in for a hug "If it's really okay with you and you think you can help yourself out then okay..." she said holding in her tears. "Thank you mum, for respecting my decision" I hugged her tightly. Honestly, I have loved and will always love my mum. Though she didn't stand up for me, she comforted me and helped me go through the days. She kissed my temple. "I love you dear" "I love you too mum..." I said, kissed her back. No matter what, I knew for sure she wouldn't abandon me easily like Dad does, or did.

We sat there for some minutes and mum stood up. She yawned "Good night hun" "Night mum" I smiled. She smiled sheepishly and sleepily back. I laid back on my arms. That's it, I'm out tomorrow of this house and on the street tomorrow. This is not going to be easy but rather this. This would be the last night in this comfortable bed. Also, living a homeless teenage life would mean that I would have to stop my studies.

-A picture of the Olivs (Chris and Dylan's family)-