Chapter 38: First trip (pt.3)

Paton's POV
We sat in the taxi quietly as it passed through town. Her grandma lived in a city house which is quite cool actually, the busy and energy of the town often entertain me. The taxi pulled up by the side of the road and we paid him. Meryl looked at me and sighed nervously. She hasn't come back here for that long say? Don't worry, I'm rooting for you. I just smile to reassure her that she always had me here for her. She nodded and said "Lets do this". She smiled in excitement and knocked on the door. After about a minute, the door open and a senior looking women with friendly look opened the door. She was dressed in a pink sweater and was cradling a cat on her arm like it was a baby. Elder people could really get alone most of the time don't they...
"Meryl?" She asked. Yup, we got the right address. "It's me grandma!" She said and pulled her into a hug. I stood there awkwardly and looked around. There were stairs leading to the front door and flower vase at the end of the two sides. There were also a small garden on the front and at the window. How cute. 

The neighbourhood was quiet, nothing much, cars parking on the driveway and the Main Street. They pulled away and her grandmother spotted me and smiled. "We have guest" she said. I put out a hand to shake with her and she did. "Come in, i have cookies fresh from the oven for you guys!" She greeted. We walked in and I stood next to the couch in the living room, bothered by the dilemma to whether or not, is it rude to sit without her invitation. "Just sit anywhere you please, except for my rocking chair, that's for me and my cats" she smiled and meowed. Interesting. It should be a bit intense as I'm a wolf and she's a cat person. 

I sat down on the couch and looked at the interior. Her house was really comfy. Behind us was the corridor and the staircase to the upstairs. In front of me was a fireplace and her rocking chair nearby, next to a tree bookcase and a tree-designed lamp. The coffee table and an arm chair nearby, a television stand and a television on it, near the fireplace with a small flower pot. Everywhere you look in this place, it's either cat or plants, cozy and cute I must say. Then there was the kitchen next to the living room where a table set for six was arranged. Again, plant pots hanging on the wall and on the fridge, a cat clock, a cat bed (which is near the fireplace, very comfy). Man, this woman really did something for her house, it was small but enough to live in. There was a window to allow sunlight to come in at the living room. Then, a warm feeling curled at my foot and I looked down to find a cute looking cat in a sweater curling up on me. I smiled at the cuteness and looked up to find a tray of cookies, in shape of cats and plants, set in front of me. They smelled as attractive as they looked and it was definitely a difficult challenge to fight back the rage to just jump right in and munch all of them. 

I played it cool and just sat there and watched as Meryl ate them. It was such a torture that you could barely see it on my face. Her grandmother seemed to notice to and laughed "Don't be like that, feel free to grab a bite" "Thank you, Mrs Blossom" why did I say that? She's not Meryl's mother! How do you call your girlfriend's grandmother?

"You can call me Judy or Granny" she smiled kindly. I grabbed a cookie and bit into it. The taste of it danced on my tongue as I remember about the cookies mum and Billy baked, those were flourish and so were these. My eyes widen and I let out moaned but covered it with my other hand. Meryl looked at me with her face obviously trying to hold laughters back. I reddened up in embarrassment and Granny noticed it. 

She giggled and asked a question to start a conversation. I guess it must be long since she has been talking with somebody with the same blood, face-to-face. "So, what's your name handsome?" She asked while knitting a sweater for her cats sitting on her lap as she sat on the rocking chair. 

Meryl looked over at me with her red cheeks and jealous eyes. Gee, I never knew this side of her!

"Uh... Paton" I answered timidly. She giggled, looking as if she saw Meryl's look. "How long have you guys been dating?" She continued. "About a week or two" "Oh, looks like I'm having a grandson-in-law" she chuckled to herself.