Chapter 23: Falling apart

Play the song to add special effects! (Rent - Seasons of love (cover in Glee 2015 series)) (Ps: may Finn Hudson rest in peace... :( )
Paton's POV
I stood in front of the church and looked at the clock. "10 p.m." I sighed. I opened the old door and walked in. The church didn't have much of anything valuable so why should it be locked anyway? I sat down at the third bench, from the top, and looked down at the old wood.
A spot of light flew into my vision and landed on my nose. It was some sort of insects... ah, firefly. I looked up and saw the pulpit and cross was surrounded by fireflies. The scene was amazing. It felt like I was walking into a chapel of wonders.

-This could help you imagine!-The fireflies made a trail, leading out to a door

The fireflies made a trail, leading out to a door. I walked out and followed the trail. Finally, it stopped at a gravestone. I stopped and looked down. Fox Hudson, it wrote. I knelt down and swept away the leaves and dirts using my head. I stayed like that for a bit more and visited back memory lane.
*memory hits in*
I was sitting on the bench outside of school to rest a bit. Man, today's practice was intense. Alex still hated me like ever. I wonder why... "Oh, hello Paton". I snapped my head up to see who said that. It was Fox. "Oh, greetings" I replied creepily. He gave me a short laugh and thought for a minute. "Hey, I was having a few days off starting tomorrow to have a reunion with my friends back when I moved. They were visiting Denver so I figured why not? We were just going somewhere, maybe Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forest to camp. I was wondering if you want to come along?" He offered. That sounds majestic actually but then, reality hit me as I remember it was the day that of my mother's dead anniversary. Not to say that the final football game was in a few days. It was such a guilt to turn him down now... i thought for a while and my decision to not go. I know, it sucks but I can't have a few days off when there were a ton of work waiting for me. "Uh... It would be great but sorry, my mother's death anniversary was in a few days and i also had a to of work to finish so maybe not this time..." I apologised. "Oh okay...." he just nodded. I could see the disappointment in his eyes and he was producing a bit of sweat of... anxiety. "I'm really sorry, Fox, it was just that..." "No, no that was okay, totally fine, no problem, it was totalllyyy okay" he grinned sheepishly. I couldn't fight but feel bad for declining. "So, see you around after the trip" he broke the awkward silence. "Yeah" I smiled brightly. Well, there went a chance for me to hang out with him...
*back to reality*
I felt regretted not making that choice. I could have stopped everything, but nope, life just took it away... I could feel the tears falling from my face but I didn't bother to stop them. I punched the ground, again, and again. A bit of blood came out of my palms. I was too mentally collapsed to notice that nor feel the pain. After about ten minutes of being in that position, I walked home and on my way, I checked into a store to buy some beer. I don't often drink, about once in 40 times of partying. I went home and started drinking and fell asleep. But still, the beer didn't work. I fell asleep with tears and anger still hidden in me. We've only found each other for about two months after 5 years of being apart and now he's gone... forever...
Viera's POV
Fox's death had quite an effect on everybody, specially my brother. Last night, he came home after vanishing the whole day at around one in the morning. Currently it's ten in the morning and he was probably asleep. I finished washing the dishes and knocked on his door. He didn't answer so I assumed he was asleep. I opened the door quietly and walked in. Oh god, there were squeezed beer cans covering the floor and he was an absolute mess. His black and blue hair all shuffled up like they were grass. His shirt wrinkled and cravat almost untied. I knew that my brother don't often drink so this was a rare sight. I shook him to wake him up. "No, get out of my room" he muttered. "Dude, it's late in the morning" "No, get out! You need to be with Dylan not me" he hiccuped. I reddened a bit and continued. "Wake. Up. Paton, you need to eat and shower" "What if I don't, it's not like I'm going to be happier if I did it" he snapped. He pointed at the door, still shutting his eyes, signalling for me to get out. I sighed and got up and walked out. It was worthless. Dylan was standing outside. He cocked his head aside and asked "What's wrong with him?" "His best friend got into a car accident and passed away. He's now broken down" I sighed. "Shoot, that must be painful" Dylan confronted. He's still as cute and optimistic as ever. I couldn't deny the fact that ever since he moved in, we got another helper with the chores. Oh, he has gotten a job as a waiter. I was pretty jealous whenever I walked by the diner and saw girls flirting with him. If only looks could kill...
Meryl was still undercover with the question of where she has gone and what happened to her. I hope she was still good or else Paton would be worse than he has already has with his broken emotions. Then something crashed down the floor in Paton's room. We quickly tried to get in but he has already locked the door. I guessed he was on a rampage and swept the books and stuff off the shelf. "Billy, you think you can calm him down?" Dylan suggested. "Me?" Billy weakly asked. "Yeah, you're his brother and thus, you have a nice, understanding temper. Maybe he'll listen to you". Billy thought for,a while and nodded. He knocked on the door. "Who is it?" "It's Billy, your brother". The door unlocked and peaked open. "Go away Billy, I don't want to hurt you" "Lets talk about it okay?" "I said, GO AWAY" he shouted with gray eyes, which told me that they were full of anger and slammed the door. This is the first time Paton has ever been like this, even after our parent's tragedy, he wasn't even close to this temper. What has gotten into my loving brother? Lets see, who could fix this? Maybe his friend, maybe...

Meryl?