Chapter 55: Fast forward

Elliot's POV

"Wake up" a voice mumbled in my ear. "No" I groaned. The voice chuckled and kissed me softly on the ear "Now wake up?". I smiled and opened my eyes slightly.

"Morning" I mumbled. He smiled back "Time for school" "Can we skip today?" I pleaded. He shook his head "No, it's your senior year". I pouted like a baby and he chuckled "Don't worry, I'll be there with you". I pushed him on the bed and towered over him "I love you" I smiled. He leaned up and gave me a kiss on the lips "I love me too". I frowned "You dont me" "How can I not when you make that face" he laughed. The doors opened "Hey Elli..." the voice trailed off as we looked over. I snorted at Evan's unreadable face "Jealous?" "Not one bit. You two lover boys get changed and be down here in 5. Rather not be naked, it's your senior year, pretty sure you don't want any embarrassment" "Well if that embarrassment I get, to be with Brian, then I do" "Yeah, sure. Anyway, I'm travelling back to New York tonight" he informed. I got off Brian and grabbed a pair of jeans. I got used to the feeling of sleeping in boxers only with Brian already.

Note: we did NOT do anything dirty.

Not always anyways.

Evan left the room and I looked over at Brian. He was looking at the window near my bed.

Autumn air was coming.

I knew he missed his family. He didn't exactly say why he left but he did.

I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth while he showered and brushed his teeth. I looked at him in the mirror and smiled.

His hair was a bit messy and his eyes tired. The sound of the toothbrush brushed against his teeth was the only sound in the room.

I walked out and got my backpack and jogged downstairs. On the way down, I pierced over at Evan's room and saw boxes over boxes. "That early huh?I thought you were staying longer" "Well, that was what I thought. They offered me a job, or an internship at Hayden Planetarium" he said "Anyway, Eleck is waiting for you downstairs. I'll be downq in a minute". I walked down and was greeted by Eleck. He waved his tail excitedly and jumped on me. I caught him and patted his head "Good boy".

I took the box of dog food out and poured it out onto Eleck's bowl. I made myself a quick bowl of cereal and dug into it. Brian and Evan came down the stairs. "Wow, it must be cool to work in an observatory" Brian complimented and Evan grinned confidently. I scolded "Don't be flirting with my boyfriend". My hand was already in attacking mode with medium electricity. Brian giggled and sat down next to me, only to gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

*minutes later*

"You know, you never told me why you left your family" I said as Evan started the engine. Brian sighed "It's not a good story, trust me" "Well regardless of if it's good or bad, I want to hear it" . He said nothing but look at his knees. "Brian. I love you no matter what but i really need to know what you have gone through so I can understand you more. I promise I will protect and love you" I pleaded and made him look at me. His eyes were a bit hesistating but he sighed and gave in

"It was when I was 12. A Filipino family in Texas adopted me. My real family died in an industrial fire. Or at least my parents. I don't know if... if my sister made it or not but I've always assumed she didn't because... cause if she did she would have found me. Anyway, my adoptive family was fine. I had a younger sister and an elder brother. Later on, they found out I was an aswang and disowned me. They wanted to have me dead but I ran all my way here. I hid myself and made a fake identity where nobody could find me here. I lived in the farm near where the thunderstorm happened and just spent most of my day at school. Nobody really notices me besides you guys and I actually didnt really have any friends. That was until Paton found me and I met you. You guys took me and treated me as if I was your real son" he said and smiled at me.