Chapter 48: Christmas Surprise (pt.4)

Before starting the chapters I realise this is the first chapter to be the forth part with the same name

Paton's POV

Zac: Dude, come on, it's going to be fun!

Me: Yeah sure I bet

Zac: Besides, Andrew, Tana and Karla are going to be there. We haven't hung out in soooo long.

Me: Fine

Zac: Meet us at Pop's diner. Dylan is going to be there too.

Me: Riiiggghhhttt

I said and set down my phone. It was currently seven. I sighed lazily and got dressed. Just the normal things, nothing fancy: gray hoodie, leather jacket, black jeans and boots. I stepped outside of the bathroom and saw Meryl discussing something with Veira and Billy. Must be Potterheads' stuffs. "Be back in a few hours" I shouted.

"Okay" they said. I walked out of the apartment and to the bus stop. I sat down and waited for it.

Play the song for special effects! (Where's My Love - SYML)

*bing bong* *bing bong* *bing bong*

The sound of the Christmas bell sang cheerfully from the church nearby. The same church where Fox's funeral took place.

May him rest in peace...

My smile from earlier turned into a frown. I decided to walk. I jogged along the road and soon walked up to the church.

"We gather today to..." the priest's voice echo. I stood outside of the almost empty church and sighed, looking at the graveyard under the dim but warm sunlight. The graveyard was covered by snow but the tombstones still rose through the cold, just like Fox.

He was determined and not so easy to be defeated. He always find his way through no matter what. 

*memories hit in* 

"No, that's not going to work!" I shouted. "Believe me, it will" he winked "What's the worse the worst that can happen? Well, except for having a bone stuck through your heart?". I gave him the poker face. "Oh stop complaining, you're coming or not? You're a werewolf! You'll heal!" he pointed out. "Okay fine I'm in. How can I not?" I said and climbed out the window.

We were in detention for having a blast with the cleaning equipment. But fortunately, this rebel here had a plan to get us out of it. Of course, the typical climbing-out-of -the-window plan. It was at least 3 metres (10 feet) tall and I was definitely not looking forward to falling. I climbed out first and Fox followed behind me. I looked behind and saw him smiling sheepishly "Just keep climbing". 

I reached the trunk and stood on a small platform. He was almost there, about a few inches from where his leg could reach. "Uh... Paton?" "What?" "I'm slippi-" and he slipped. I grabbed his hand just in time and pulled him up. He was quite light to be honest. I pulled him up and and we stood facing each other closely on the small platform, gasping for air. "Phew, that was close" he said between his breaths.

We climbed down and ran as fast we could out of the school square. Off the lawn.

"See? I told you it would work!" He said cockily. "Yeah, you almost fell" "But you caught up remember?" "Yup, you owe me" "You owe me too, I got you out of there" "Soo... we good?" "Yup, hey wanna get pizza?" "How can I say no to food?" I smiled. #food4life