Chapter 17: The stressful life

Dylan and his parents
Don't play the song until being told to add special effects!

Paton's POV

Today started out just like yesterday. I ran to the same place and waited as long as I could. Still no sign. Where is she?!

I jogged home and made cereal. Veira walked out looking like a panda. I giggled because it was so funny. It reminded me of our first day of our vacation in Los Angeles, when we have just landed around midnight and Veira didn't catch any sleep. In the morning, she ended up with bags around her eyes and yawned non-stop as if her life relies on it. In contrast, on our trip to South Korea, she slept from when we didn't even take off until we arrived st the hotel and she slept until eight in the morning. It looked like I wasn't the only one who has an unusual biology clock.

"Morning" she yawned. "Good morning, sis" I welcomed, passing her a bowl of cereal. "They better not taste like dog food" she warned. "I assumed it doesn't" "Shut up" she said. I finished eating andwashed the dishes. I went to take a shower and shaved. Yes, I do shaved at this point, why? Puberty hit me hard man. I walked to the bus stop with Veira. We talked about the past and Billy's situation, nothing much. He's recovering quite well. I walked into school, and yet, another day without Dylan and Meryl. I walked past Karla and saw that she was talking and smiling with other girls. She looked outstanding to be honest.

I walked pass some of the students and caught up with the gang. "So, how was yesterday?" "It's nice..." I smiled bitterly as if giving off a hint. "Dude... just don't force yourself too much Kay?" "Alright, alright, now just go to class okay?" I said finally giving up. I have a fight to prepare this afternoon.

Classses flew by and it was finally lunch time. I had just sat down when I felt and hand on my shoulder. I looked up to find my soon-to-be enemy. He smirked "Don't try to feel so bad this afternoon, I've warned you" "One: unless you're back from the future, don't make any assumption that you'll win. Hope but don't expect. Two: you haven't warned me, you made me make the deal". He just glared at me. I smirked and glared back, using my powerful, deadly and dangerous glare. He took the glare back and let go of my shoulder. I may not be strong but at least I got some intellect.

"What... was that about?" Zac asked. "You'll find out this afternoon" I grumbled. We ate lunch, discussing about the plan. Some moments, the dreadful bell rang. I stepped out of the cafeteria and spotted a redhead guy, looking very similar to Fox, with his glasses too. But then he disappeared into the crowd. I shrugged it off and walked to class.

Some times flew and it was time to end the day. I went to school yard, where I was supposed to meet up with the captain, whose name, I found out, was Alex. I waited for 'Alex'. Around five minutes later, he appeared. "Didn't expect you to be this enthusiastic" he joked with an menacing smile

 "Didn't expect you to be this enthusiastic" he joked with an menacing smile

"Don't get too wild, I'm just here to end this. I just want to join the team in peace" I sighed. He doesn't get the point does he? "Right lets get started shall we?" He invited with a demanding tone. We got into position and he was facing me. A crowd formed surrounding us, some with their phones sticking out. He stood in front of me, with his hands held back in a punch, one in front of other, like he was a boxer (sports, not clothes). He quickly threw out a punch and a dodged it, in which he threw another. This time, I use daily one of the basics technics, I grabbed his punch and seize his wrist and pull it behind his back. Then pushed him to the ground. He collapsed on it just like I expected. He immediately stood up and threw a punch at me but I dogded it, grabbed his wrist and use my knee to hit his stomach. That's gonna hurts. I turned around to see everybody's eyes and mouths having a shape of an 'o'. It sort of funny that their faces look like Mickey Mouse symbol now. Just then, his arms grabbed my into him and about to connect his fist with my abdomen but I blocked the front of it using my palm, hit my hips backward, into his crotch and push myself up fast, connecting his punch with his own face. He stumbled his steps backward quickly grabbed me by the neck. I remember what my father taught. I put my hands on his arms like a cross, pull it closer, push my hip up and down so that his upper body and hips were on my stomach. I wrapped my legs around his waist, push him further back, grabbed his wrist and kicked him on the face real hard. I stood up, brushing dust and grass off me. Gee, wasn't a good idea to wear a pale colour shirt today. He stood and grabbed me into a barely-breathable embrace and held like that. I came up with an idea to brush my hair against his face, stepped on his foot twice and kicked on his knees, but he didn't give up yet, he grabbed my hair. MY HAIR, WHO AM I? RAPUNZEL? It hurts like crazy. He has messed with the wrong person. "You dare to touch my hair?!" I gasped dramatically. I grabbed his wrist and went under him, forcing him to release my hair and I kicked his anckles. He fell down on the ground and everybody went viral with the ohhhhs.