Chapter 25: Reunited

Before the story start, I want to thank @KiwiAndKoalas for supporting me so much! MAke sure to check her stories out, she's a fantastic writer!

Meryl's POV

I crossed the bridge to the platform and walked over to where he was sitting. I stood near him, feeling anxious. I couldn't know why but I could finally feel my body at ease, like all of my worries and stress has been removed. I had a feeling that I had to help this person, even though I didn't know why, just like Paton helping me "Excuse me, sir?". He looked up and... Oh. My. God...

..."Paton?"...
I looked at him with round eyes full of surprised, shock and happiness. "...Mer-Meryl?" He stumbled. I couldn't believe it... what was he doing here? It's like a dream came true, even more than a dream. He stood up and shot myself into his chest, buried my face in his chest and let the tears of happiness slid down as I pulled him into a hug and gripped the back of his shirt like a kid leaving his parents. "Paton, you're here..." I said almost like yelling. I could finally be with him... I could finally be at ease...
He hugged me back tightly. I smiled brightly like I've just found some sort of treasure. I knew he was smiling as well. If this was a dream, I'd rather be sleeping beauty without a prince. He's here! With me! This is the most emotional moment of my life! - my crush - who I've been head over heels falling for. I could finally express myself freely and let me troubles flow with him, only him. This is an once-in-a-life time dream came true like some kind of magic or fantasy. Paton, I'm so happy now that I could barely say a word...

 Paton, I'm so happy now that I could barely say a word

We pulled away and looked at him with a huge smile. His eyes were full of happiness and lust. I can finally be with the person who I'm graceful to be with for the love of god. Then, he did something I never that could happen...
He put his hand on my cheek, lean closer and the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine...
I didn't know what to say or feel... it felt... amazing? Like all of your problems were finally solved? Or like summer finally came and you had nothing else to face? His lips were soft and wet. I was a bit taken back at first but got used to it and closed my eyes and returned the kissed. Some seconds later, he pulled away, which was a whole joy-killer to me. He still had that handsome smile on his lips. "Will you..." he started "Meryl Blossom be my girlfriend?". Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand yes! Never would I miss this chance! I smiled, which then turned into a giggle, and answered "Yes, but next time with the next girl, don't make it too much like a wedding, it makes me feel old" I said with a bit of disappointed in my voice at the words 'with the next girl' - the next lucky b*tch. "You're next my first kiss, not my first girlfriend, but you'll be my forever and last" he smiled. I just laughed and pulled him into a kiss.
*some times later*
Paton's POV
She said yes. Never have I ever thought that such a simple, short answer could make you feel so happy and relaxed. We were just done eating at a diner near the train station, still in the middle of nowhere, probable Kansas. It was a little past midnight so the sky was dark and cold. Winter has finally came, my favourite season. We walked back into the train station and bought the tickets back to Denver. So running away here has its benefit. I pulled my wallet out and paid tickets for two but Meryl stopped. "Come on babe, let me pay" I cried. "Just because you're my boyfriend doesn't mean you have to waste your penny for me. Lets out gender roles aside and let me pay for myself" "Uh uh" "Fine then, I'm your friend, now pay" she snapped. "Fine" I grumbled at her adorable angry face. I paid for my ticket and she paid for hers. Ugh, we haven't even been on our first date and she has already had to pay for herself and gained control over me, I'm starting to question myself if I could even be a good boyfriend. We walked to our station and waited for the train, which was supposed to arrive in half an hour. "You know? I still jogged to the old bench where we used to sit at every morning everyday after you left" i started. She looked sad at first but then looked up with a smiled hugged me. Her embrace was really warm, much enough to kill the surrounding coldness. She pulled away put still had her hand on my cheek. She then looked st my arms and my... scars. "Oh my gosh, what's with the scars?" She started to worried. "Don't worry, it's just... some bastards and some stubborn screw and bolts. They will heel" "How could you say that? We're not going to leave them alone once we got home, mister" she said with a bossy voice. "Speaking of home, where are you staying? Of course your mother is going insane if she knows that you escaped that school." I asked curious. I seriously don't mind if she lives at my place, I'll just sleep on the couch. Actually, it would be quite great if she could move into my apartment. Meryl sighed while looking and playing with her fingers. She looked up and bit her lips "I don't know..." "You know, you could always stay at my place" "No, I would be such a... " "You'll be alright. Dylan has already moved in, why don't you? My siblings will welcome you greatly" "But then I'll be a... " "Look, you won't have anywhere to stay anyway, so why don't stay at your boyfriend's house?" I insisted. I just got to get her home. Creepy? I guess so.
She looked hesitant for a while but then looked up with a huge smile and pulled me into a hug "I don't know what to do if I didn't meet you" she said cheerfully. "Oh come on, I'm the one who was supposed to say that" I joked. She chuckled and let go of me. Then, the train came and we walked up to it. This was going to one heck of a twelve-hour ride home.
*some times later*
I was looking around the dark passenger car. Since it was night time, they turned off the lights and it was super dark. I could sleep so I just sat there with Meryl sleeping on my shoulder. She looked relieved and extremely cute when she was asleep. I smiled at her sleeping state. I wrapped an arm around her back to her shoulders and closed my eyes. A while later, I drifted off to sleep. We should arrive there at three in the afternoon today.
*10 minutes before the train arrived*
"Wake up sleepy head" someone whispered into my ears. "No, it's Sunday, let me sleep in" I replied with eyes shut. "Wake up, we're only a few miles away from the station" "Fine" I grumbled and lazily opened my eyes. I looked to my left and there sat an angel in disguise. Just then, the speaker came up "Ladies and gentlemen, we're only ten minutes away from our final destination, Denver Union station. Please check if you've collected all of your belongings and get ready to reach the station". I woke up and entered the bathroom and washed my face and fixed my clothes and hair.
We finally arrived and decided to take a cab home. "Hey, what about school?" Meryl asked once we were on the taxi. "It's closing soon" I sighed sadly. "What?" "You heard it right, it's closing. From Charles street to Pierce street would be closed to build some sort of hotel and resort?" "Wait what? No way! No way am I leaving this school! We have to do something about it!" "I wish" I sighed. It was true, if we want to gain back the rights, we need to do something about it...
She sat in silence for a while and thought about something. She looked up and said "But first, I need you to do me a favour" "Anything babe" "I need you to apply me back in school, I'm not staying at the other school, or more like 'hell'" "Okay..." I nodded. I then told her about the campaign going out and the obstacles we were facing. She just sat there and listen. At the end, she didn't say anything but sat there and looked thoughtful. I knew something was on her mind. Just as when I finished explaining, a memory popped up in my head, the hardware! We saved our information onto it last week and let Zac kept it because he kept things safely. That's it! If we get the hardware back, then we should be good to go!