Chapter 16: The show must goes on!

Hey guys, congratulations, you have reached chapter 16 of this story! I appreciate your long journey of reading. Forgive me for being too amateur, this is my first try. Beside that, enjoy another this chapter of this book!

-A picture of Chris and his mother

Paton's POV

That afternoon, I did what the coach told me to. I went to the field and waited for him. Soon, he walked out with the team. Ugh, this is going to be hard. I sighed and rolled my eyes. This is for what you have made those who aren't tough enough suffered! I walked up with a fake smile. "What are you doing here fag?" One shouted. I smirked "You'll find out". "Guys, calm down, don't be too chaotic now. This is Paton, he'll be in our team now. Their eyes widen with their mouth opened like a fish. "Wait, but he's weak, and nerdy, and gay!" "And he is better you!" The coach snapped back. Others members went viral with the word 'Burnt' and 'Roasted'. I just smirked. He gave me and the others a glare, which sent them into silence. I laughed it off. "Lets not discriminate our racial, sexual, religious, age and background here now, shall we?" Most people just nod. "And who are you to make that decision?" He hissed back. "Your new and improved member" i smiled. He glared at me. "Guys, get into practice now!" The couch motioned. As he walked pass me, he bumped into my shoulders and whispered "You, me, after practice, here." "Un-available, make it at least eight, I have part time job" I smiled. "Don't try to run away boy" "Even if I am, you can't even catch me" "Fine then, tomorrow afternoon, here. There's no practice tomorrow. I want the whole school to see how much of a failure you are" "And I wanna see how much of an idiot you are to make that choice. Fine, deal" I nodded.

Practice was normal, although I did get a few stares from the other players. It finally came to an end and I walked into the locker room. I remember that I didn't have any extra clothes so walked out, then bumped into them. They didn't do anything but glared at me. These people really have something with glaring, and if you're going to do it, do it right. Their glares are not very intense. Let me show you how to do it. I gave them back a glare that could be read as "You're a disgusting animal and if you're going to do that again, I'll chop your head". They weakly looked away, probably gave up after that silence war. I don't have time for these people.

I jogged to work. When I arrived there, I was met up with my co-workers. One of them, Daniel, had an extra pair of clothes I think. "Daniel" I shouted. "You scared me dude" he said. "You have an extra pair of clothes?" "Yeah, in my locker" "Can I use them? I'll give it to you back tomorrow, all washed up and dried" "Yeah sure, here's the key". I opened his locker and get that pair and changed. I finished up and stuffed everything into my bag. I walked out and continue my work.

*8:00*

I yawned. It was finally time to go home. I got my things and walked out of the garage to the bus stop. The long ride home wasn't very busy since it was eight at night in a small town. I opened the door to my apartment and went to my room. I'm extremely worn out right now. I laid there for who knows how long and decided to shower.

The warm shower in this chilling season felt amazing. My mind forgot all of the exhausting and upsetting things. It was nice. I put all the dirty clothes into the washing machine. I grabbed dinner, which was only some instant noodles. Don't judge me, I can't cook and even if I do, it would taste like dog food. I walked back into my room after dinner. Still thinking, why was Meryl not at school and where could she be... I sat on the bed for a while going over everything for clues. She may have ran away but then, where could she has been? I thought I may have helped her relieve the pain but I guess I'm still as useless as ever. Maybe she is homeschooled now? Maybe... you never know. I'll check on her address tomorrow at school. Hopefully, they have it. I sat beside my table and when Veira returned, I was done. I decided to call it a night and went to bed. I still couldn't figure out where Meryl and Dylan were...

*rewind the day*

Karla's POV

I woke up as lazy as ever, just like my normal self. I changed, i ate and i got to school, just like what normal people do (I think). Soon I met with Tanalyna who dragged me across the crowd and into the bathroom. "Hey girl, now lets do your make up" ugh, I tried my best not to say it or roll my eyes. I stood there just waiting for her to finished the make over. Although Tanalyna was a year younger than me, I still consider her as my best friend and as old as I am. In a glance, she was done. I looked up into the mirror and... oh, my, god, she is a pure cosmetologist! (Make up artist). From the beast, I have turned into the beauty. "Hold on, one more thing" she said. She ran to my back and waterfall-braided my hair. It looked... un-depictably lovely. "Okay, my work here is done. Those divas are usually here in five more minutes, hide in one of these stalls and walked out and approached them. Play cool" she told me. I could felt myself getting all red. I nodded.

*later on*

One of those divas walked into the bathroom and talked non-stop about some football guy. I watched their shadow moved on the floor and waited until they're in front of the mirror. In that mean time, I recorded everything they said on my phone. This shall be fun. I stopped the recording, opened the door gently and walked out and pretended to wash my hand as girly as I could. This is not me.

I looked up to see them looking at me with wide eyes. "Hey Kate, hey Samantha" I greeted with a smile. "Oh my gosh, Karla! I never knew you could.... you would look like this..." Kate said I'm surprised. These divas know too less about me. I'm more valuable than this. "Thank you" I smiled. "Hey, wanna hang out with us?" Samantha offered. "Yeah sure" I smiled. Great, now I'll have to play dolls and try out dresses with these people. How exciting. I walked to class and the teacher later started the lesson.

Periods after periods, it was finally lunch time. I was walking to the cafeteria and felt somebody grabbed me by the arm. "Hey girl!" Kate said. "Oh hey" I replied. "Come and sit with us, don't sit with those losers!" She said. I looked over my table and saw that some were one their laptops, some were talking and some were looking at me. Weird though, Paton wasn't there. "K" I agreed. She dragged me over to her table with all the other people. "Hey girls, hey..." a girl said, trailing off when she saw me. "Who are you? And why are you so beautiful?" I pretended to chuckled. Ew, I grossed myself out, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the compliment but I just couldn't feel comfortable with my chuckles.

I looked around and saw the boys, mostly the 'jocks' looking at me. They were definitely showing off and flirting. They have messed with my feelings once. When I was in grade ninth, one of them asked me out just as a challenge and I actually thought he liked me, which I did returned in favour. Ever since then, I promised myself not to trust those blind lies. They went on talking about something I didn't care. I pretended I was typing under the table but instead I recorded everything they said, loud and clear. Hehe, I'm getting used to this 'being a secret agent' and stuff.

The bell soon rang and saved me from this boredom. Finally, Computer science! I shared this class with Dylan. Speaking of him, I haven't seen him all day around. I wonder...

Class ended. Today's lesson was fun, I enjoyed it. But still, Dylan wasn't there though. Something about him is really off....