Chapter 53: Standing on the borderline

Karla's POV

"Brian..." I said. It has been a day since my best friend closed his eyes. I bit my lips and more tears flowed down my cheeks. My eyes were as red as an Aswang's do from crying.

Elliot laid there on his bed. Brian was sitting on the floor but his head crying on Elliot's arm. His facial expression wasn't very peaceful. It buried a slight tint of pain.

Ever since the day, Paton was nowhere to be found, just like before, must be somewhere deep in the wood. Evan knew about this and every evening, he stayed over until the morning. He promised not to tell anybody until we found a way.

The door opened slightly and Evan peeked in. As soon as he saw Elliot laying motionless, pale and cold, his eyes couldn't handle it and he immediately walked out.

*meanwhile*

Elliot's POV

Brian... don't cry...

Seeing Brian cried only made me feel worse. I made me feel guilty and that I was dead. Oh wait I am.

Shush... I got you. I pulled into my embrace and a sudden tear drop left my eye. "Elliot... you're always here... you're not dead..." he mumbled. Karla nodded her head. Don't worry... I'm not gone yet, I'll always be there with you.

His hair brown hair was messed up and he didn't shave. His gray t-shirt was wrinkled.

Brian, I'm always here, don't cry.

It's weird how I met this boy at one of the last days I was on Earth and he changed my heart the last minute I was alive. I wasn't looking for this but now he's in my way. His charming gray eyes caught my attention the most. I was lost in them for hours and hours but I never cared enough to find my way out.

Overall, lets get something straight, I'm not. Not anymore. And he's probably why.

I looked over the room and saw Karla on her chair. Her hand was holding a piece of tissue and I must say it was very wet. I didn't know humans could cry this much. Damn...

Karla, you're my best friend, thank you... for everything. For every time you backed me up with the my overly complicated, for every time you support me in Fortnite and I thought i was going to die, for every time holding me back before I murdered somebody because they took my place waiting in a line.

I looked out the window and it was a warm sunny day. Summer was coming. When I was young, every summer, Evan, Karla and I would always race through wheat fields to the lake near the barn. We were all sweaty and tired when we got there so we often just dive into the water. Sometimes there was Paton. It was funner with him cause he's a wolf. At the lake, he often shifted and we had a blast of fun.

But now that I'm not visibly here, I guess... time for me is over. Maybe it's time i leave. Maybe staying behind with nostalgia this long is not good.

*back to reality*

Karla's POV

Then the door burst open. Anne and samantha walked in "We have good news and bad news". Brian and I both looked up at them "Two in one" I said. "Soul for soul. One dead one alive. There, ba da bing ba da boom". Then Brian and I both looked at each other.

If either of us die, Elliot will come back? Would that really work?

My mind started wondering off on its own when a voice said "Take me". I looked over at Brian. He had a straight face fixed.

"Wait wait, you serious? No, no. There must be another way. What if you guys take Brian then we revive Elliot then he can bring back Brian" "He died once. The chance of succeeding this time would be way lower" "Then take me" I said confidently. "Karla, Brian's an aswang, he's a supernatural creature and it's hard to bring him back, it would be even harder to take you back" she said.