Chapter 51: Back, back from the under

Elliot's POV

She held my hand tight and looked at me "Ready Elliot?" Karla asked with worries in her eyes. I nodded and swallowed a gulp. She opened the door and got out. I sat there, in the passenger seat, mentally asleep.

Then a finger snap brought me back to earth. I turned to look at Karla who was waiting for me asleep. I opened the door and walked out. The house was painted chocolate colour and it looked Victorian. Karla whistled "Yup, we definitely got the right witch's house" "Most definitely" I nodded. 

We walked to the doorbell and pressed it. Later, the door opened and a middle age women, wearing a long black robe with long sleeves and a long cape. I smiled and opened my mouth to say something but Karla jumped into my mouth "Hi, my name's Karla, he's Elliot, we're here to se-" "Anne, sweetie! Your friends are here" she shouted and smiled. Unlike her wicked look, she seemed sweet and caring. "Come in, we have chocolate to increase your power and vitality". I walked in and there was a massive living room inside. The room was painted in Cedar brown. Overall, the room was both dark and light, the furnitures were designed to ressemble some part of the witchcraft culture. It looked cool to be honest.

"Tell them to get up here Mom!" She shouted. "Take the stairs and go straight down the corridor, then you should see a sign that says 'Anne's" she smiled and walked into the kitchen.

We followed her instructions and reached Anne's room. The door was open. I walked in and a smell hit me. I disgusted it and it was clearly showed on my face. There, on her bed, was Brian's dead body. My eyes were getting tears. Brian just gives me that feeling that nobody else does. "Oh sorry" Anne said. She pulled out a long, twig-like object, moved it in some weird directions and poof, the smell was gone. Or maybe my smelling sense was gone. Or maybe both. Who knows?

Well, except for Anne.

"You're here" Samantha said "5 minutes late" she scolded. "Well it certainly wasn't my fault that Mr. Dreamy here decided to zoned out in his car" Karla accused me sarcastically. I glared at her but she gave me the 'what you got, boy?' look. "Can we get into work now?" I said. Samantha rolled her eyes and nodded. She gave me a picture of a blue crystal. It looked like it was found in an inch, snowy mountain. 

"This is what we need if we were to revive him from the dead" she said "But unfortunately, three students can't find that by themselves. However, you, Elliot, you can generate enough electricity and we can do the rest of the magic work and witchcraft" she smiled. I gulped "I'm not skilled with my powers" "Well, it's now or never" she said and put the picture on the desk. My hands started create electricity and I closed my eyes as the others got ready.

Focus, Elliot, focus. This is Brian, for Brian.

One thing I couldn't get out of my head is his gray eyes. They were so full of lusts and passions. But I knew behind them, Brian has gone through many things, the goods and the bads. Those Dread Doctors bastards...

For some odd reason, I could felt anger boiling in my blood. The electricity I shot to Brian was getting stronger because of my anger. The lights in the room were flickering and electrical devices started to malfunctioned improperly. But all I had in my head was Brian and his smiles. 

Wait, why was I thinking about him?

*thump thump* *thump thump*

His heartbeats... they were getting back to normal. Then I heard handclaps. "You're getting it" cheered Karla. "I'm... exhausted..." said Anne tiredly. To be honest, my energy was also draining. I could feel my arms and legs getting weaker and weaker every second and my head spinning. "Me too" Samantha said. I gritted my teeth.

No! I wasn't going to give up! Not now, not ever! This is for Brian's dear life! He's too young to leave this life...

"I can't" Anne said defeated. "That's it" Samantha said. I gritted my teeth and put every bit of energy left into effort. 

But my power was weakening... I couldn't be strong enough...

I collapsed down backwards but Karla caught me. I failed...

I'm such a failure...

I'm such a quitter...

I'm such a wimp...

My eyes were fighting back every tears building up. But the water overflowed and i started letting them out. The tears ran down my cheeks but my eyes were still closed. 

*thump thump* *thump thump* *thump thump*

The heartbeats were weakening.

That was at least what I thought

...

"Elliot?" A familiar voice asked weakly. I was sitting on the bed besides Brian. Sam and Anne stood near me. Karla stood behind me with a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Brian. His eyes were creeped open slightly and his breathing slow and hard. "Brian?" I asked. My eyes widened and my jaws dropped. I... I couldn't believe it...

Right there and then was Brian, meat and flesh, alive!

He nodded his head slightly and turned to a side and coughed. "Brian!" I shouted. I immediately embraced him with my arms, which were still containing small vontages of electricity. "Brian..." I said through the tears. I was crying more. I couldn't hold it in. The tears of happiness were overflowing me and I had no attempt to fight them back anymore. I hugged him tight and gripped his shirt.

Even though we didn't have a meaningful friendship, I suddenly had a feeling that he was vital to me and he could be the person I should rely on. I had a feeling that he's more than a friend now. It was weird. I'm not gay...

"Brian! You... came back..." I whispered, finally getting the words out of my mouth. I gripped the back of his shirt even tighter. He smiled. Suddenly, I felt his arms wrapped around my back. "Elliot..." he said. I let go of shirt and pulled away to look at him. He smiled charmingly but tiredly. His lips were pink and dry but they were still adorable when he smiled. Nobody's perfect.

I believe we should love somebody for who they are, not for what the look like. The façade ain't showing what's beneath.

He hissed and I realised I was sitting on his thigh. I jumped off "Sorry sorry" I said quickly and blushed. He looked at me and nodded. He tried to get up, but failed and fell, but I caught him just in time. His gray eyes gazing at me. They were beautiful, probably the most beauftul pairs of eyes I've ever seen, behind my mother's.

I snapped back to reality and put him on the bed "You're still weak" "It's okay, I have to go home, my parents don't know I died right?" "Yup" I nodded. 

*some times later*

"Come on robot boi, it's time to go. Enough reviving the dead for the day." Karla said and opened the car door. "Fine" I grumbled. I opened the driver seat's door and sat down.

The wintry air was not any colder when we got into the car. I put a hand on the gearstick but my mind zoned out. 

What exactly are Dread Doctors? Why did they choose Brian? How can Brian be the only why?

"Elliot" Karla said "I have homework". My mind focused back and I put the car into forward and head to my house.

If I'm not wrong, then there's a book called Dread Doctors in the library, maybe that can get some help.