Chapter 20: Objection

Tanalyna's POV
I walked into school early to give Karla a makeover, like usual. She used to feel tired and bored of this, but she has now gotten used to it. So far, she has done a good job, she has found out many secrets. Such as, Kate is Christina's boyfriend side chick or Samantha is in fact, a lesbian. That explains why, in all of the girls, she was one of the least active in talking about girls. Imagine that Samantha has a crush in Karla! Now that would be something funny to watch
Besides that, the campaign has been growing quite well. Though, I do sometimes think that we should also include that fact that ever since Paton and Karla became famous, their reputation of anti-bullying and equality has also spread over the school, leading to significant drop of bullying occurred in school. How do we know that? Elliot is a great hacker. Beside, we have witnessed that ourselves. Now, nerds and jocks has got along quite better. In fact, one of cutest couples in school is between a nerd and a bully. Cliché? Maybe, beneficial? Yes, and that's all that matter.
Paton these days seemed very worried about that girl, who I assumed he has feeling for, Meryl. Through her acts, i could also prove that she likes him too, but I don't want to make a mess here. They would make a cute couple actually. And then, there comes wolf.. his nerdy but cute look makes fall apart when I look at him. His smooth redhead hair, his tan and freckles all adds up to an adorable Fox. He is really smart, just as good as Paton, and they were and are in-speratable best friends actually. I'll admit, I have a crush on him. Geeez, it's so weird saying that.
I sat in the boring history class thinking about what I've told, which was broken when the bell rang. I walked to the cafeteria to meet up with the others. Again, missing Paton and Karla. I looked over to where she was sitting and she smiled at me. I smiled back. Then, I saw Fox sat down, next to me. Already, I got excited like a firework. Just as that moment, I looked over to the entrance and saw Paton walking in with...
...Dylan
What the heck! How, what, where, oh my gosh, I have so many questions right now. My jaws dropped to ground because of the sudden return. Where has he been?! He sat down wt our table and smile. Everybody was in shock, except for Fox, since he didn't know him much. "Oh. My. Gosh, Dylan, Where have you been?! We were so worried about you!" I said snapping back into reality." He smiled and start explaining. Even though Fox didn't know Dylan much, he would still listen and sometimes give him some comments or advices. At the end, we didn't know what to say. Andrew went over to him and hugged him tightly. Honestly, that was smart, let the hug said it all. Dylan hugged him back. "It's okay now bud, don't get your nerves up. I'm safe with Veira now". Veira? Paton's sister? Okay, now there's something more than this, there's something underneath this... "Could a father be that cruel to his child? Like you did literally nothing wrong, and still, the consequences... gee" Karla said. I agreed "Yeah, like I love my mother and father. Even though they can be harsh sometimes but they did it all for the best and they would always understand and accept me, unlike your father..." I let out. "Well, I guess I'm in a better state now. I feel so happy that I could finally have à permanent shelter, living with the McDaveys" he smiled. I knew he was in agony but he kept himself optimistic. That's a very good side of him. We sat there for the rest of lunch and caught him up with what he missed, even the campaign. When he heard about it, the first thing that he commented was that should we reconsider about saying about the shifting between the bullies into the goodies too? I mean I totally agree with it. "We will consider about that" Andrew said a bit triggered. He has been the worst victim of bullying, except for Billy. The bell finally ran, motioning us to get back to class.
*after class*
I was about to exit school when Fox came up to me. Oh my gosh I could feel myself turning fangirl right now. I swallowed a gulp and talked to him, like we've just met. I mentally rolled my eyes at that thought. "Uh hey Tana" he greeted before I could even said. "Hi" "I'm going on a vacation soon, just me myself and a couple of old friends. Paton couldn't come. He said he had work to do. You wanna come?" Oh my gosh oh my gosh. Oh. My. Gosh. Yessss, is he asking me to hang out? Yas, of course, it's an once in s million chance! "Yeah sure" I pretended to play cool. Wait no, my family is having a reunion! Crap, not now, why?!?! "Uh no, I'm sorry, my family has, sort of an event this week. I'm really sorry" I apologized, feeling bad for missing the once-in-a-million chance. I sighed. "Okayyy then, no need to apologised, it's totally okay, anyway, can I ask for your number please? You know for us to... keep in touch" he said with little bit of red. It looked so cute! I gave him my number and he gave me mine. I smiled at him. "Bye" "Bye" he said back
Fox's POV
I was going to have some days off tomorrow so I could reunite with my old pals. Of course, I'll have to invite Paton on this. However he declined. Well that was sad. Honestly, he worked too much, I think he should really take a break from reality. Then I decided, why not ask my crush out for a special trip? It would be a great way to boost our relationship. I spotted her when she was about to walk out. "Uh hey Tanalyna" I greeted. Yes, she's my crush. I don't get why but I feel sooo... attracted to her beauty and her loving, caring, happy personality, like a magnet. She greeted back. "I'm going on a vacation soon, just me myself and a couple of old friends. Paton couldn't come. He said he had work to do. You wanna come?" I asked awkwardly. "Yeah sure" she replied almost instantly. Her face doesn't look too excited though, which sort of killed the delight in me. She then thought for a while and denied. Why?! Now not only my best friend couldn't come, my crush couldn't too! That's sad...
I still pretended as if it was fine, though it was definitely not. "Okayyy then, no need to apologised there, it's totally okay, anyway, can I ask for your number please? You know, for us to.... keep in touch" I said trying to heal myself. She gave me her number and I blushed a bit. I then gave her mine. "Bye" she smiled and waved off. "Bye" I said back.
I drove home alone thinking about Tanalyna. It would have been great if she could come...