Attack

I parked my motorcycle behind my trailer so Thunder Bolt wouldn't see my motorcycle and get suspicious. As I was walking around to the front of my trailer, I saw Thunder Bolt. I quickly unlocked the door to my trailer and quickly went inside while he was distracted.  I went and changed clothes so I was in a tank top and jeans with a plaid jacket tied around my waist. I went on my front porch and stood near the door with my back against the metal of the trailer. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking a hit. (That's what it's called when you 'take a puff' of a cigarette). I held it in thinking about what all had happened on my first day at the book store. I looked up and exhaled. Smoking always helped me to calm down, distress, and stay humble. It helped me to be me. I looked down at my phone as I received a text from one of my friends saying that they needed to talk to someone. I said, "My place. I already got the beer." And pressed send. Now I just had to wait for her to get here.
———10 minutes later
My friend walked up onto my front porch. I could tell something was really bothering her.
I pulled out two beers from the cooler before sitting down as she sat in the law chair.
"What happened?" I asked her. She is Italian so she spoke in Italian to no one would hear our conversation if someone was ease dropping.
" Thunder Bolt, qualcosa di sbagliato. Lui non mi parlerà. Penso che abbia qualcosa a che fare con quella ragazza che ha iniziato a lavorare al negozio di libri oggi." She said pissed off.
"Emily, sono la ragazza del negozio di libri." I replied.
She let out a sigh of relief.
"But I may know why he is mad." I replied. "Three months ago, I almost hit him with my car. And he almost killed me. And he went off on a cuss fit. So I'm pretty sure him seeing me was the last thing that he wanted. He still has a grudge."
"You almost hit him with your car!"
"He was driving on the wrong side of the road drunk!" I said calmly.
"What?" She asked calming down.
"Yeah." Is all I could say.
She looked sad and angry at him. I just pulled her into a hug. She began to cry. I hugged her until she started to calm down. Afterwards, I pulled out a cigarette and gave it to her. She said, "Thanks" as I gave her a light.
"I can't stay at my house." She replied.
"It's ok, I know where you can stay."
"Can't I stay with you?" She asked confused.
"No. It's not safe for you to stay with me." I said.
"Why?" She asked. I pointed across the trailer park with my beer bottle.
She looked up. And quickly averted her eyes. "Oh."
"Yeah. He doesn't know." I said.
"You mean he doesn't know that your a-"
"SHHH" I said putting my hand over her mouth.
"And no. He was away for the initiation. Pop asked everyone to not tell him as he knows how much he hates me. And to keep all hell from breaking loose, he denied that he is my grandfather. So Thunder Bolt is gonna think that I lied which I can deal with. I've dealt with people like him before." I said in a hushed whisper.
"I've never wanted him to meet you. Incase something happened. Plus he hates you and all." She said.
"I know, and I also don't care if he hates me or not. Cuz I ain't leaving my job."
"He can kill you." She stated.
"Pff. Apparently You forgot that I almost broke his arm when he tried to kill me."
"Shit you're right. I am still worried for you."
"I can take care of myself." I said. "After all, I used to live with my parents and then my aunt and uncle and also the streets before I showed up at Pop's doorstep cuz I had been arrested." She smiled.
"I remember when you started going to school with me." She said. "I remember cops escorted you through the school to your classes until the next year." She said.
"Well no one bothered me but I couldn't do shit though." I said bluntly.
"True." She said chuckling.
"I'll be fine." I said.
"Why won't you tell me what happened before you were arrested?" I tensed up but nodded for her to continue.
"Like, where you always like that? What were your parents like? What about your aunt and uncle? What here they like? What was your life like?" I just took a long sip of beer.
"I told you, I wasn't proud of what I did. You'll hate me if I tell you. You're not ready for all that." I said coldly.
"Yes I am!" She exclaimed.
"Fine! You wanna know what happened?! I was doing unspeakable things. My parents died because of me! My aunt and uncle and cousins abused me and raped me!" I sighed "Here" I said as I pulled my hair up to show my scare across my forehead. "That's from when my uncle took a baseball to my head. And this..." I said raising my shirt up. "This is where he had his drunk best friend take me to an alley and had a gang jump me in Chicago." I said showing her all the scares from where they stabbed me and kicked me and raped me. Leaving me to die in that alley. I lit a cigarette to keep my from having a break down.
"There, happy?" I said.
I looked over and saw her fidget with her hands before embracing me in a huge hug. "I had no idea." She said.
"You still don't know what all happened." I said hugging her.
"What? There's more that happened to you?" She asked sniffling.